Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Thankyou so much, Sue and Brian and all the volunteers!

Three cheers for Sue,she put on another helluva party,thanks!
    It was a pleasure volunteering,and anyone that doesn't volunteer,is missing out on one of the better parts of being at the rally IMHO.
    Nose

Smile Great Time at Rally

Thank you and all of the volunteers for a great rally.

The best one I have been to so far!

Looking forward to Gillette. Plan to volunteer again. For all of you that are afraid of volunteering, please think about it. My wife Saundra and I had a good time at regestration. Plan to help again!

Shawn and Saundra Martin

Sparkchaser1200
    2006 K1200LT and K12R

One bit of advice for those working registration. Not your fault, my beer tent training was also lacking somewhat (nobody's fault).
    2 people physically accosted me as I was walking in.
    You really shouldn't push people in the chest as they are going in.
    The 3rd guy might have regretted it, as I was getting rather annoyed.
    Both lines were clearly marked for pre-registered and not pre-registered and I can read.
    If a person walks like they know where they are going, let them go. The worst that will happen is they have to get back in another line (their own fault).

Also,at the registration desk, ask if it is the first Nat'l. If not, they don't need to know where everything is unless they ask. To the lady that asked me if she should cut the spiel short, bless you, and a big thanks to all the other volunteers.
    19 BMWMOA Nationals under my belt, and I have no idea what I am doing.

Thanks to everyone! A Great event, well run, FANTASTIC!!!
    Sig? What's a Sig?

What a great rally! My favorite so far! The facilities were outstanding. All of the volunteers deserve a big thanks. I promise to vollunteer at the next National that I am able to attend.

Note to Sue....

I am the half drunken fellow who introduced myself and said Hello to you Saturday night after you were introduced during the concert at the beer garden. I meant what I said. You did an outstanding job. A job that usually garners more complaints and criticisms than thanks. So to those of you who only bitch and wine, would you like a little Wisconsin cheese to go along with that wine?

Thanks again for a great job and your dedication to our national club. WE can all learn a little from you.

Rick G
    2004 BMW R 1150 GS - My Big Black Pig!
    2009 Triumph T100 - Neo Classic Retro Tourer.
    2009 Vespa GTS 250 Super - Just for Kicks and Giggles
    2009 Sym Fiddle II - For Sale

BUBBAZANETTI
    just want to say a BIG thank you to the organizers and volunteers.

this was my 3rd rally in a row. i decided, after the run for the Board, etc, that it was going to be a "relaxing rally". i had never actually rode my motorcycle at a national before because i was too busy volunteering and attending/helping with seminars.

this year i got to ride, relax and lay back and it was all thanks to those who stepped up to the plate. great site, great weather and great people made this a pretty good place to be at!

candohome

Awesome!

This rally virgin will be asking for more again and again. Thank you all! You definatlly are nominated for next years!

jeremell
    Thank you to the organizers and volunteers. This was the best national rally that I have attended. It was well organized and well run. I appreciate all of the national vendors and also the local shops who brought in those great burgers and coffee. Thanks for providing good beer. Further, we should thank the Owners News staff and contributors and all of the people posting information on the forum. There was tons of information available regarding area highlights, roads, and anything else one would want to research before traveling.

Rapid Roy sez! "If a person walks like they know where they are going, let them go. The worst that will happen is they have to get back in another line (their own fault)."

This is a common tactic people use when trying to avoid paying the entry fee or if they didn't have a wrist band. I wasn't working at registration but at entrance door. I would never put my hands on anybody but would follow them in yelling for a cop! (fortunately, that did not happen)
    I'm still irked that people expected to go in and just look around without paying what it cost me to get in!
    There are two things to aim at in life; first to get what you want, and after that to enjoy it. Only the wisest of mankind achieve the second. -Logan Pearsall Smith, essayist (1865-1946)

Quote Originally Posted by Fritzc View Post
    Rapid Roy sez! "If a person walks like they know where they are going, let them go. The worst that will happen is they have to get back in another line (their own fault)."

This is a common tactic people use when trying to avoid paying the entry fee or if they didn't have a wrist band. I wasn't working at registration but at entrance door. I would never put my hands on anybody but would follow them in yelling for a cop! (fortunately, that did not happen)
    You could have a valid point at other events but here, registration is outside the rally grounds. You still have to show an armband to get in even if I walked right out of the tent without registering.
    I may have been walking fast because I wanted to get registered but the first guy stepped in front of me and jabbed his hand into my chest and pushed me backwards. I train in martial arts and I am hardly dangerous, but you don't push people. The outcome for him could have been much worse if I wasn't paying attention.
    Also, after I have registered, I never walk fast through any gate and I always show my armband when asked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritzc View Post
    I'm still irked that people expected to go in and just look around without paying what it cost me to get in!
    That irks me too. I think the price is completely fair for the Nat'l and would pay it without question. Thank you for volunteering and not getting physical.
    Last edited by Rapid_Roy; 07-16-2007 at 11:22 PM. Reason: spellin and forgot sumthin'
    19 BMWMOA Nationals under my belt, and I have no idea what I am doing.

Quote Originally Posted by woodnsteel View Post
    On the trip into the rally, I saw the castle/monastery on the hilltop from about 3 miles away. Without a doubt, it was the most spectacular thing I saw on the entire trip....
    Jim,

Geri and I saw it, too, from afar, and rode until we were there. The chapel with its stained glass was amazing, and the view in every direction was awesome. Well worth the visit. Good to see you there, my friend!

Geri and I enjoyed the fun of volunteering for set up, and working with the Manley's! They were just great. Thanks for all your hard work.
    Dan

Talking

Hey Dan and Geri,

THANK YOU for helping us set up the beer garden decorations. Enjoyed meeting both of you. See you somewhere down the road.

chuck and julie manley
    Chuck Manley #12106
    2012 Howlin' at the Moon Rally Chair
    Ambassador, Knights of the Roundel #333, IBA Member, Life Member NRA
    Black '13 R12GSA (the Outlaw), Black '02 K12RS (157K)

This was one heck of a fantastic rally - weather and all. Thanks, Sue and Brian, and everyone else involved in making it happen.

I'll catch up later - just got home this morning and am back in work.

Muriel
    BMW MOA Secretary
    '07 F650 '12 F650 twin
    Running on One Cylinder - except when running on two

Thanks x2

My wife and I both thank you for a great rally! I have been going to internationals for 20 years, but this was my wifes first. She had a wonderful time at ERC and womens seminars. We will be going to Gillette BONUS!!!
    Gar