Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Thankyou so much, Sue and Brian and all the volunteers!

K Bikes Complex by Choice cjack's Avatar

Thankyou so much, Sue and Brian and all the volunteers!

Let us be 8 thousandth or so in thanking you for an absolutely super National Rally. The work involved must be awesome, but the results are stunning.
    "Ein Prosit!" back to you...
    Jack and Viki
    BMWMotorcycles, fun when they're running...
    My other bike is a BMW.
    Jack Hawley MOA and RA #224, KE9UW ("Chuck")

Live from Wisconsin!
    words really can't capture the quality of the event that sue and brian have led all the volunteers to produce.

oh, wait... there is one word: gemutlichkeit!

y'all are my heroes!

ian

From this rally virgin I can not tell you how impressed I was to be a volunteer. Thousands of hours of preparation made setting up look easy. Very well organized. A lot of great chair persons. Many willing helping hands.

The results speak for themselves.

Way to go!
    I used to post here, but now I don't.

kudos!

Though I could only attend for a few hours on Friday, I had a great time. The very first people I met at registration were so welcoming and friendly. In the course of four hours I ran into about 2/3 of all the people I know in the BMW community and made a couple new friends as well. I get a kick out of being in an atmosphere that's so conducive to striking up conversations with strangers. Congratulations, Sue and Brian and all who've worked so hard to make it happen!
    We might as well walk. ~ Adam Guettel The Light In The Piazza
    used to own: 1982 R100T, 1984 R65, 1986K75C, 1997 R1100RT, R850R, K75S, 1978 R100RS... what was I thinking?

mrich12000

Thumbs up You'all have Fun

Wish I was there. I will attened by the use of all your post

1analguy
    We were only there on Saturday, but we saw an amazing number of license plates from Ontario...

REBECCAV
    Ditto dat. Thanks to everyone who put in so much time and effort - it's because of you that our National Rallies are first class.

Another shout out to everyone that helped make the rally a huge success.

Your countless hours of effort really paid off and the rest of us were able to enjoy a GREAT rally.

Talking 2007 West Bend Rally

To Sue and all who made this rally a memorable event, it seems expressing my exteeeme thanks is not unuf. I have been attending the national rallies since the first Oshkosh (although not all). West Bend IMHO takes the cake thus far!! I was impressed by the quality of the fairgrounds facilities, the surrounding area, the amount of vendor participation, and the overall rally program. Thanks also for the German entertainment! The Living Glockenspiel was a real whoot!. The 2007 International Rally in West Bend sets a new standard for all rallies in the future.

Just got home after three great days in West Bend. This one was just about perfect. Even the weather was perfect. (How'd they do that?)

A couple of mentions - porta-lets & showers. These are usually facilities that generate gripes. Not this time, though. Adequate shower facilities, hot water and short or no lines. The portas rate five stars. Plenty of them, all brand new, nice touches like hand sanitizer dispensers and a shelf to put stuff on (like a flashlight in the middle of the night) and cleaned frequently. I actually enjoyed using them. This stands in stark contrast to the facilities at the recent RA rally at the Biltmore.

Great job everyone!

John

2007 Rally - Thanks for such a great rally

This was a really impressive event. I would love to go to another at this same location. It appears I only got to see a tip of the iceburg of all things there are to do in this area. It took me forever to leave the area on my trip home as I traversed some of the Kettle Moraine roads to the South (discovered Holy Hill by accident).

I also highly recommend part of the route I took to get there, from Duluth, Mn. around the North side of Lake Superior and back into the US at Sault St. Marie. The scenery around Lake Superior is really surprising, reminding me of the Oregon coast and parts of Alaska. Warnings- parts of this trip really are remote, moose crossings (do not recommend riding at night here) and unexpected weather changes.
    2014 R1200 GSA, 92 K75s. Gone: 97 F650st, 04 R1100s, 78 R80/7, 76 Honda 750F, Maico 400, Husqvarna 360 8 speed, Honda SL-350, Suzuki 250 Savage, Honda 175SL, Bonanza 100.

James.A

Holy Hill

On the trip into the rally, I saw the castle/monastery on the hilltop from about 3 miles away. Without a doubt, it was the most spectacular thing I saw on the entire trip.

I brought a guest with me, A new rider who rode 10,000 miles in his first year of riding. On sunday morning when we were getting ready to leave he said to me," we've been here for three days and I'm not even a little bit tired of this. It's too bad we have to go home."
    That pretty much says it all.

Mega dittos, Rush....I mean...

This was my first national, but I doubt it will be my last.

Excellent job by all involved, in my not-so-humble opinion.

It was great finally meeting many of my invisible friends in 3D. Sorry folks, online forums just don't do you justice.
    -----------------------------------------
    Brad D. - Member #105766
    '77 R100RS - Black Beauty (big pipe, baby!)
    '94 R1100RS - Sylvia

byker
    To all of those who made this one of the best MOA nationals I have ever attended,
    many many thanks for the hard work put forth.

Quote Originally Posted by woodnsteel View Post
    On the trip into the rally, I saw the castle/monastery on the hilltop from about 3 miles away. Without a doubt, it was the most spectacular thing I saw on the entire trip.

I brought a guest with me, A new rider who rode 10,000 miles in his first year of riding. On sunday morning when we were getting ready to leave he said to me," we've been here for three days and I'm not even a little bit tired of this. It's too bad we have to go home."
    That pretty much says it all.
    Holy Hill.
    They even have a bike blessing there. Glad you and your friend had fun.
    19 BMWMOA Nationals under my belt, and I have no idea what I am doing.