Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Riding Pants

leave my monkey alone LORAZEPAM's Avatar
    I may be old school here, but for me nothing beats leather for protection when riding. I have an AGV viper jacket, lots of armor, and at 155.00 the best deal ever for a nice riding leather jacket. I have First gear leather pants , ergo Tech model. Well armored, and they feel great on the bike. I got them from motorcycle closeouts dot com for 119.00. They have a 10 year warranty and I expect muc more than that out of them. For the really humid days of summer I wear the mesh gear, Joe rocket Phoenix jacket and the Gericke mesh pants. They are both well armored, and way way more comfortable than leather in the summer. If you are skeptical about the Joe rocket jacket, you can read testimonials on their website from people who have crashed in them. I also have a First gear granite jacket for cold and wet weather. It works well with a gerbing vest. Here is a site you may want to check out, they have really great deals on stuff if you can find your size.
    http://www.atvoverstock.com/mfg.asp?...okUpRef=5GTech
    Gale Smith
    2009 Versys
    1999 R1100RT

Kool Aid Dispenser! jimvonbaden's Avatar
    Originally posted by lorazepam
    I may be old school here, but for me nothing beats leather for protection when riding. I have an AGV viper jacket, lots of armor, and at 155.00 the best deal ever for a nice riding leather jacket. I have First gear leather pants , ergo Tech model. Well armored, and they feel great on the bike. I got them from motorcycle closeouts dot com for 119.00. They have a 10 year warranty and I expect muc more than that out of them. For the really humid days of summer I wear the mesh gear, Joe rocket Phoenix jacket and the Gericke mesh pants. They are both well armored, and way way more comfortable than leather in the summer. If you are skeptical about the Joe rocket jacket, you can read testimonials on their website from people who have crashed in them. I also have a First gear granite jacket for cold and wet weather. It works well with a gerbing vest. Here is a site you may want to check out, they have really great deals on stuff if you can find your size.
    I have Joe Rocket Ballistic for both Winter and Summer Jackets. The winter Jacket with a sweat shirt under it works down to about 25-30 degrees, and the Mesh Jacket is great up into the 90's. The winter Jacket is ?¥ length and waterproof.

I use leather pants covered by Tourmaster Rain Pants for the cold weather and this is good to about 30 degrees. I intend to get some Joe Rocket Ballistic Mesh Pants for this summer instead of the jeans.

I definitely recommend Joe Rocket for both price and quality. I have no complaints at all, and love all the thoughtful accessories they come with, and the reasonable price.

Keep in mind, I have a lot of built in insulation and don't easily get cold. I do, however, get overheated easily!

Jim

riding pants

I am looking for riding pants too, I need summer pants and have been looking at BMW Airflow II and Dainese light weight pants.
    I do not remember the model or style of the Dainese.

They both cost about the same, a little over $200. I am sort of
    leaning toward the Airflow II since I have an Airflow II jacket
    and they will zip together.

Has anyone had any experience with either of these. I do have
    a heavy weight pair of Dainese pants and they are just fine. I
    like the armor in the Dainese, but the BMW pants have kevlar
    in them.

The dealer said Dainese has better armor and BMW has better material.

Gerald

Question

I am looking at the Joe Rocket mesh riding pants for summer use.... It gets sorta hot in the desert southwest and all

My question is what to wear under them........ yeah, I should be able to figure this out on my own, but I would like to hear some opinions. I was leaning toward mesh riding pants with shorts underneath, but I am concerned about the protective value of this mix....... the other option is something along the lines of Draggin jeans....

Anyone have any experience with the mesh pants they are willing to share??

I starting riding the end of July in Dallas so my first pants were mesh from Tour Master with the name "Cortech". I used them in super hot weather here until October and they were surprisingly pretty cool and have decent armor for sure. I ended up using bicycle riding shorts underneath which have extra padding on the butt which helps for long rides using the stock RT seat.
    I plan on going with a custom seat within the next couple of months.

Thanks for the input. I'll take a look at the Cortech gear.

So far the seat on the GS hasn't caused me any undue hardship, but then my longest ride on it has only been 400 miles. My real problem on the long trips seems to be my throttle wrist, but that is another topic altogether.....

Originally posted by RT RANDY
    I starting riding the end of July in Dallas so my first pants were mesh from Tour Master with the name "Cortech". I used them in super hot weather here until October and they were surprisingly pretty cool and have decent armor for sure. I ended up using bicycle riding shorts underneath which have extra padding on the butt which helps for long rides using the stock RT seat.
    I plan on going with a custom seat within the next couple of months.
    What he said! /\
    I

Jim

TexMesh

I think I'm gonna go with a pair of First Gear TexMesh to match my summer jacket. Then I can wear shorts again! Anybody have them? Love 'em or hate 'em? Anybody know of ant low cost internet/mailorder venders? I got the jacket very cheap last year from new again leathers or something like that.

MarkF
    Last edited by MarkF; 03-17-2004 at 02:09 PM.

You can try Moto Liberty located here in Dallas. They're reputable and have a web site:

www.motoliberty.com

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    I have the First Gear Hypertext Overpants. Holy cats are they good. This weekend when I left the house it was 18 degrees. No problem
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

When can no pants get you in trouble?

Besides a crash?

MarkF

Thank god it was at least good looking @$$, and not a fat one!

Great way to condition the rear seat.

Mega Psycho Scooter Tramp 63974's Avatar
    Aerostich Darien pants year round, though I'm considering Darien Lite's this summer. They ain't cheap, but they just flat work.

zoomnewm

Riding gear

Hey gang-
    For most of my riding, I just got a new Joe Rocket Sonic Jacket (perforated) and will zip it to Joe Rocket Blaster pants (also perforated). The colder days will require switching to my old, reliable Tour Master Cortech Jacket with the liner. The really hot,humid days will see me in Joe Rocket Mesh pants and Joe Rocket Phoenix 3.0 jacket.
    I find Rocket apparel to have some well thought out features, and be well made for what I believe is a reasonable price. However, I'm lucky in that their off the rack sizes fit me perfect (6'1" and 185lbs. with more muscle than excess baggage). Each individual needs to find which manufacturer fits him or her best. There is plenty of great gear available, but the correct fit makes the difference to me.
    As a side note, I've ordered from Competition Acc. many times over the years and never had a problem. But I have heard people had some issues. It might be some individual shipping outlets that Competition uses that is the cause. Hopefully it is a thing of the past. Cheers..........