Thread: Navigator III Cradle Connection

Navigator III Cradle Connection

Does the round connection behind the buttons on the left side of the Nav III serve any purpose other than making the buttons on the left side functional? I just got a new bike prewired for the NavIII but the cable with the round connector fits loosely in the socket and just falls out. Thanks.

Ray

Once there was a Tavern PAULBACH's Avatar
    Ballston Spa, NY; South of the Adirondacks, North of the Catskills and West of The Berkshires and Green Mountains

Needed - long black zip tie

Get a long black zip tie and go around unit and securing that round connection in place. There is a gap between the left hand buttons and the main unit to make the tie disappear.

Good Luck
    Paul Bachorz - F Twins Moderator
    RA Rallymeister - Pownal, Vermont
    Click here.

Same question original poster posed. What is the round connector for?

I had a Street Pilot 2730 and 2820, just replaced by a Nav III. The power cable from the Streetpilots works fine to power the GPS, but the side buttons don't work. The power cable that came with the Nav III has that round port that goes in the back of the cradle. So what does that round cable do, exactly? Trying to figure out if it's worth changing the cable out, or not.

Garmin has a separate tech line for BMW products, maybe they can help you or get you an answer.
    1-866-455-7012
    Explain them you have a BMW gps.
    Bernie Echt
    Jacksonville, FL
    2007 R1200RT Double Silver, 2000 R11RT sold (103K)
    MOA#92589, BMWNEF, BMW Outriders, BMW-RA, AMA

Thanks Bernie, I didn't know this. I will try to call today. The manual doesn't address the motorcycle mount at all.

EyeBiker

Connector Function

The round connector is only for the buttons on the L side of the cradle. I rarely use them, even though the connector is attached. The connector is pretty touchy and any bit of off-orientation or bent pins will prevent a tight connection.
    Calvin Miller
    2007 R1200RT

Thanks Calmil. I think I'll use the plain StreetPilot mount I already had and save some weight and bulk. I'm so used to the StreetPilot, I doubt I'd use those buttons either, unless there was something really special about them.

How do you access the list of dealers? I see them on the screen when I'm in the area of a dealer, but I don't see them in favorites or pois. Can I access a list of them?