Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Forum meeting?

Cool Forum meeting?

Are members of the forum going to meet at the beer garden or anywhere else this year?
    Donna

@ the Big Muddy & I-80 bluestune's Avatar
    "Forum Frenzy" is 6:00 in the beer garden. See you all there!
    1976 R90/6

That's 6 P.M. Thursday.

Once there was a Tavern PAULBACH's Avatar
    Ballston Spa, NY; South of the Adirondacks, North of the Catskills and West of The Berkshires and Green Mountains
    What ever happened to that Friday morning breakfast meeting? Sometime back when the snow was on the ground this item was discussed.

After the usual thorough discussion and multiple posts many folks though a meeting on Friday morning had appeal. Have tried to locate the thread without success.

Would like to talk to all my friends here but can we hear?
    Last edited by PAULBACH; 07-04-2007 at 10:07 AM. Reason: add content, fix grammar
    Paul Bachorz - F Twins Moderator
    RA Rallymeister - Pownal, Vermont
    Click here.

@ the Big Muddy & I-80 bluestune's Avatar
    Thanks Wezul!
    1976 R90/6

Hey Paul,

Why don't you start a thread? Make an announcement about a forum breakfast and suggest a location. It may not draw as many as the "official" one, but I'm sure you'll get some of us.

Also, we can always take small groups outside the tent. My wife has a hearing loss and loud environments like these drive her crazy.

We'll work it out.

How about "Near the Biergarten, at 6pm Thursday?"
    19 BMWMOA Nationals under my belt, and I have no idea what I am doing.

Once there was a Tavern PAULBACH's Avatar
    Ballston Spa, NY; South of the Adirondacks, North of the Catskills and West of The Berkshires and Green Mountains

Found Them

This is like herding cats in a thunderstorm

Forum Users at the Rally

Rob Nye Post 64
    Hey now,

IIRC the Forum crew has volunteered for a shift in the beer garden.

What I would suggest is that there be a forum gathering for coffee and conversation on the morning the forum is signed up for the beer garden.

The early risers could meet at the coffee area and plan a ride or lunch if desired.

For the evening session start about an hour before the end of the shift. "Tip" your servers by hanging around for the end of their shift and throw a couple of tokens their way.

Make it a full day of Forum Frenzy.

John Brase Post 65
    I think the coffee clatsch is evolving toward Friday morn and the Forum bartending shift is Friday 4-8pm (am I right on this?). Starting the frenzy near the end of the bartending shift is an excellent idea, to say nothing about the tip part. Last year, by the time we got released from behind the tables the six or so frenzy atendees had dispersed. At Lima, on the other hand, the festivities went on and on ...and on.

John

PacWestGS #71
    OK Doug, you're the new guy and have come up with a possible location. Now, go ask either owner if they would open the doors between 07:30 and 10:00 on Friday for between ONE and 100 folks. Provide coffee urns/pots and other hospitible items. We'll bring the dounuts, cups and napkins.

If members can't make breakfast then they can make cocktails Friday night between 20:00 to 21:00 under the "Forum" sign in the beer tent.

That's it, it's Friday 8:00 - 9:00 in the morning place yet to be identified, and 8:00 - 9:00 in the evening beer tent under the sign.

Things still to be finalized - Identification means (not important but nice) activities to be conducted (riding, socializing, drinking, and sometime later more drinking) I think we can all figure that one out.

I will pop for the stick-on name tags and magic marker. Where do I send them? Mar? (PM me your address)

DougC- we need a large enough parking lot to get in there? (maybe).

Fall In, Stand at ease. Rest...

Russ (I sure hope to be there)

(Life comes at you pretty fast "Pay it Forward" - Have no regrets when the end happens)

ManiacMechanic #77
    If I understand (and remember) correctly, there is to be a gathering of Forum Folks on Friday morning, as in before noon, for a meet-and-greet. I'm trying to get Forum folks to volunteer for a shift in the Beer Garten on Friday afternoon. At least that's what my somewhat feeble memory recalls as being what we've done the past few years. I believe that's usually right before the Board does their shift.

Howdy, Jim!
    Paul Bachorz - F Twins Moderator
    RA Rallymeister - Pownal, Vermont
    Click here.

Thanks for the info. I will be helping some at the beer garden on Thursday night.

name tag

I'm gonna put 26667 on a piece of gaffer's and slap it on my cap. I'd like to meet some of the regulars. The forum's been a fun and informative way for me to get back into the bmw fold and I've gotten some great help and great laffs along the way. See you there.
    We might as well walk. ~ Adam Guettel The Light In The Piazza
    used to own: 1982 R100T, 1984 R65, 1986K75C, 1997 R1100RT, R850R, K75S, 1978 R100RS... what was I thinking?

Amazingly, things have changed to allow me to attend the rally!

I will wear a ball cap that says "FYYFF" on the front. Please step up and say "hi" if you see me. Looking forward to meeting folks that I don't know, and seeing people again that I do.

Bob
    Eventual Master of the Obvious
    SE Mass - SOHC4 - DoD - BMWMOA - EMOTO #1
    ...proud walking jingle in the midnight sun...
    Free Smugmug Discount Coupon: mStnWv71mNkjo

Quote Originally Posted by Emoto View Post
    Amazingly, things have changed to allow me to attend the rally!

I will wear a ball cap that says "FYYFF" on the front. Please step up and say "hi" if you see me. Looking forward to meeting folks that I don't know, and seeing people again that I do.

Bob
    Hmmm... That's just how I found you last year, Bob!

Get there safely. Looking forward to seeing you again. I leave the Apple early Tuesday.

forum frenzy fizzled last year

lets make this year great, like it was in lima

i'll even dig out the "Bubba Zanetti" shirt

funny how distance to a rally really increases the excitement, at least for me.
    04 GS ADV

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    I am blowing off a dinner invite to make the Forum Frenzy. Anyone got any Woodford Reserve?
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

I've got the forum banner.

I'm going to hand it off to someone to see if they can get it hung up. That would help us locate each other a little better, wouldn't it?
    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.