Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The important stuff: What beer?

Beer snobs bore me to tears

Yikes. Beer is the workin' mans drink.

Anyone pretending otherwise (AKA beer snob) is bordering on being a pretentious bore.

Quote Originally Posted by knary View Post
    Ah, yes. Thank you. I'll muddle through so long as I stay away from the New Glarus Spotted Cow which is the exact beer that reminded me of unfortunately bland sweetened sweaty budweiser.
    Hey Sparky,

You diss'n the largest brewer in the world? Their world HQ is only 50 miles west of here and I'm pretty sure I saw your pic on the wall the last time we toured the brew house. Instead of "Wanted" it said "Stay away from this guy."

Oh, wait a minute. I misread what you wrote. You like Bud, it's only when it is ruined by being bland, sweetened and sweaty that you don't like it.
    I used to post here, but now I don't.

The perfect beer is a journey made one beer at time not a destination. I have been at it for years and hope to be for many more.

Now where did I leave that glass?

Pass the mustard and UP THE REVOLUTION!

St. Paul Pioneer Press , Minneapolis Star Tribune

Quote Originally Posted by KBasa View Post
    Anybody know if I can get a SNPA there?
    (Beer snob voice on) Sierra Nevada? Formulaic flavor profile of the brewing program at UC Davis! Can't we look for something more.....original? (pinky finger raised slightly as I sniff into the air)

Quote Originally Posted by GSTom View Post
    (Beer snob voice on) Sierra Nevada? Formulaic flavor profile of the brewing program at UC Davis! Can't we look for something more.....original? (pinky finger raised slightly as I sniff into the air)
    This would be you boring yourself?

I'm not a beer snob. I just have this bad habit of wanting to put things in my mouth that don't taste bad.

I'm not a beer snob. I just have this bad habit of wanting to put things in my mouth that don't taste bad.

OPEN WIDE
    Since you are so particular, maybe you should BYO. Dissen the local blends won't do anything but cause trouble. So suck em up

Quote Originally Posted by BigTim View Post

OPEN WIDE
    Since you are so particular, maybe you should BYO. Dissen the local blends won't do anything but cause trouble. So suck em up

It's beer. Save your angst for important things like motorcycles, cheese, football and toilet paper (all I ask for is two ply).

Quote Originally Posted by BigTim View Post

OPEN WIDE
    You can not BYO to this one.

Having said this the beer team does a fantastic job and I am sure the selected brews will be just fine so no need to go out hunting. I like Hodag's idea of a blind taste test. I hope we can bring growlers back to our campsites.

I am looking forward to sampling the Wisconsin Mirco's and cheese, two things the state is famous for. I am willing to bet that with the wide selection there will be some I don't like and some I will enjoy very much and half the fun will be finding out which is which.

Quote Originally Posted by robnye View Post
    You can not BYO to this one.

Having said this the beer team does a fantastic job and I am sure the selected brews will be just fine so no need to go out hunting. I like Hodag's idea of a blind taste test. I hope we can bring growlers back to our campsites.

I am looking forward to sampling the Wisconsin Mirco's and cheese, two things the state is famous for. I am willing to bet that with the wide selection there will be some I don't like and some I will enjoy very much and half the fun will be finding out which is which.
    Oh great. Here come the boat snobs.
    Now that you're retiring you're gettin' all diplomatic and stuff.

K Bikes Complex by Choice cjack's Avatar
    Ah, yes. Thank you. I'll muddle through so long as I stay away from the New Glarus Spotted Cow which is the exact beer that reminded me of unfortunately bland sweetened sweaty budweiser.
    Hey. That was my favorite NG beer! I tried the Edel Pils and the Uffda (sp?), sort of the two ends of the spectrum and the Spotted Cow was the best for me. Tasty but not too tasty.
    BMWMotorcycles, fun when they're running...
    My other bike is a BMW.
    Jack Hawley MOA and RA #224, KE9UW ("Chuck")

Quote Originally Posted by cjack View Post
    Hey. That was my favorite NG beer! I tried the Edel Pils and the Uffda (sp?), sort of the two ends of the spectrum and the Spotted Cow was the best for me. Tasty but not too tasty.
    What a surprise. A k-bike owner that lacks taste.

(this would be called good natured ribbing)

good morning.

Oh great. Here come the boat snobs.
    Now that you're retiring you're gettin' all diplomatic and stuff.
    True. I was a nice guy up until about three years ago and I look forward to being a nice guy again.

There was something about busting my butt on a "do-nothing" ** board that made it pretty difficult to keep on a happy face.

** All members of the board I served with busted their humps, the "do-nothing" is a quote from a member who felt our wheels weren't round enough of something; yet couldn't appreciate the irony of using a new service said board introduced to talk smack.

Quote Originally Posted by GSTom View Post
    It's a 5 star pale ale, my man. True to style, appropriately subtle and readily available.
    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.

Rob gets his groove back.
    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.

Excellent off-site place to visit

The Silver Creek Brewery is one of our favorite places to visit. Located in downtown Cedarburg, it is a mere 20 minutes from the rally grounds.

It's a small establishment with some very big beers, including a wonderful root beer. They always have 12 beers on tap, only 4 or 5 are their own. Located on the Cedar Creek, the beer garden is a great place to kick back and relax, and just enjoy the view.

Hours: Thursday - Open at 5 PM. Friday - open at 3 PM. Saturday - Open at 2 PM.
    Silver Creek Brewing Company Web Site
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sue Rihn #43753
    BMW MOA Ambassador
    It's Billings in 2015! #BeTheAdventure
    Sometimes it's the bend in the road that makes life worth the ride.