Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: boxergrrlie's wild ride

criminaldesign
    i bet that's a blast. Good for you jumping at the chance to experience an ice ride.

Nickname: Droid
    TOTALLY COOL! Or is that cold?

Women on ice racers, go for it!! What ice (lake or river) are your pics taken on? Down near Fort Atkinson maybe? I have a Suzuki GN400 single ice bike that I ride on Lake Winnebago at Waverly and on the Fox River just north of Wrightstown. But for now, my ice bike is a art piece in my front atrium in my Green Bay home. I have not attempted racing, yet. I need better riding gear for that. But hey. somebody has to be the back marker. That little GN400 is a bugger to kick start in the cold though. I am always warm and pumped up by the ten plus kicks it take to fire it up! The bike is set up with proper 18" Kenda knobby tires with full liners and 1200 ice screws per tire. All the steet stuff is removed or literally cut off. From a distance it looks a bit like a Rotax flat tracker.

I'm a member of the Badgers in Appleton also, and teach the MSF program at FVTC and LTC.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nickname: Droid
    Well, here is one not so hot pic of me on the ice at Waverly, just putting around. On the scrambles track I have so far gotten up to 4th gear, maybe 50 mph (estimated, no speedo or tach). WHAT A HOOT!!

If you ever get an invite to try a bike properly set up for the ice you have to try it. More traction than a dirt bike in sand, and no speed limits other than your own fear factors.
    Attached Images Attached Images

RUSHTK

Opening an Old Post

I am a southern boy living in a Northern hell.... ok well maybe not that bad but I am southern and was wondering what tires next winter would be best for my 94 R110RS. I rode all year round in Va. Bch and Norfolk but this is a new world, even bought a AWD car when I got back from Iraq. AWD Dodge Magnum R/T....she's my lady but don't tell the wife..

Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSHTK View Post
    I am a southern boy living in a Northern hell.... ok well maybe not that bad but I am southern and was wondering what tires next winter would be best for my 94 R110RS. I rode all year round in Va. Bch and Norfolk but this is a new world, even bought a AWD car when I got back from Iraq. AWD Dodge Magnum R/T....she's my lady but don't tell the wife..
    Don't ride in ice and snow period. No tires will be adequate.

Boy do i miss those days...we had houghton and higgins lake, whitmore lake. all in michigan. i still putts around a bit with it when i get up ther, getting a lil older now though.
    The pursuit of reality at all cost.