Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Welcome!

Old, Ugly, feet stink too

...coming back toward the light!

After a year of severe seller's remorse because I sold my "08 GSA (w/only 20k) I will be buying a 2010 RT this weekend. I bought a Gold Wing in an effort to keep the wife as comfortable as possible but I just could not do it.

Any way the year hiatus has now given me a new motor to learn!

Mustang Man
    I just purchased a 2011 R1200R. After I sold my '07 R1200GS, I needed to replace the feeling of a BMW again. I reall like the new bike. I will add pictures soon.
    MM

Not quite there, but it's all in the works for next spring ( GSA )....M109R rider now and have to be happy with BMW demo days and my trips to Arizona were I always rent a GS. I am truely envious of you all but quite happy to read all the encouraging threads about how happy everyone is with their machines.

cohye

Smile just saying hi!

Proud owner of a 2012 R1200r. I had a k100 back in the 90's, that was fun ride. Great forum seems to have a lot of traffic which i hope to have contribution!

NMGreyGhost

Welcome

Hello all, just signed up. R12RT from NM!

Replaced the 98 R1100RT with a 2011 R1200RT...wow the difference. I just love the boxer look.

I did look at the competing bikes, while they were cheaper on the initial purchase when it came to maintaining their resale value BMW had it hands down. Maintenance expenses appeared to be about the same (dealer wise).

My HD friend just had a voltage regulator and rear tire replaced - $650. Wow

I do not believe I will ever consider owning a different brand.

New to the forum after staying cloaked for a while.

2012 R1200R

noob

Man, what a noob am I...! I guess I fall into this group and didn't know it 'cause I just got my 1st BMW (2012 R1200R) on May 5. Why did I wait so long?

Bob

JHG57

Hello

I bought a 2012 R1200RT about 2 months ago. I have been riding bikes of every flavor for the last 46 years (since age 8) but this is my first BMW. I can't believe I waited this long ....

Hi all,
    I guess I am a bit of a noob as I just acquired a new to me 08 GS, my first BMW. I have been an MOA member for a while now as I ride with a group of Beemer riders up here in BC. We kid each other back and forth as my main ride is a ST1300 Honda (love that bike). I went to the rally in Redmond with the idea I was going to ride the 800 GS as I had almost saved enough to buy one. I then promptly wrecked my ST 1100 (I loved that bike) at a STOC event. So replaced the ST with another ST and it has been until now that I finally had the coin to get the Beemer. Why the 1200 GS? Not sure, mainly an impulse buy as it was a reasonable price for a well farkled bike. I have never really liked my buddies 1200 RT when I have ridden it being a 4 cylinder guy, but the GS is a different animal, nimble, lots of scoot, runs out is fuel when the gauge shows full!! The ST might be gathering a bit of dust this summer.
    Brian
    Canoe BC

Back again

Bought a '78 R100S in '79 and sold it 2 years ago when I thought i was done with motorcycling. Always had a serious sport bike to go with it and sold that too. Wrong! So early this summer I bought a '05 R1200ST. Love it, but since I need both knees replaced it kind of raises hell with them. Good to be back on a Beemer.