Thread: volunteers for 2004 rally GS rides

Smile volunteers for 2004 rally GS rides

I'm a co-chair on the GS rides committee for the Spokane rally and we had our first meeting last night. We are planning several great rides for you adventure riders! We will be having rides thurs, fri. and Sat. with half day and all day rides to accommodate people. We have a lot of beautiful country out here and great forest service roads. We are raising the bar on Rally GS rides. By this I mean not in degree of dificulty but in promoting the sport, getting newcomers involved and being organized, so expect great things. We are looking for local riders to help out with the logistics of it. Drop me a line if you are interested in helping out. There are more exciting things in the planning stages that we will announce later!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Professor Fate; 01-25-2004 at 10:38 PM.

I just cross posted this to the AdvRider forum, so I'd bet you start to get some responses. Excellent effort!
    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.

I be there

But Hopefully I will have a Vendor space to attend(If the person In charge ever respond to me) but if is only for a few hours I can give you a hand..I'm sure many more ADVriders will be there to lend a hand

Originally posted by KBasa
    I just cross posted this to the AdvRider forum, so I'd bet you start to get some responses. Excellent effort!
    Thanks for doing that. What part did you put it under? I put one in the upcoming events forum.

Originally posted by Eric Blume
    I can volunteer as long as certian ADVRiders are not there.
    Do you have a list so far of the riders and their silly names?
    Maybe we should put their names on the liability release as a special liability?

Now. Now. Play nice. Even if they haven't been nice to you, nows the time to rise above it and prove them wrong by showing them some good roads and good riding.

Ok. Back to the subject at hand:
    Any other volunteers? I'll be on my GS and looking for some good roads and good riding (imagine that!). I'm a dirt newb, so treat me nice. Nice = not so hairy that I break anything important, but not so hairy that I don't worry that it might happen (doesn't mean much for this pavement jockey).

With a little luck our beloved kbasa will be on an R12GS. He'll be like a babe again...
    scott conary - BMW... err...umm... bikes are dangerous
    portland, oregon
    www.scottconary.com | new paintings

Originally posted by knary
    With a little luck our beloved kbasa will be on an R12GS. He'll be like a babe again...
    Yikes. Yeah, it looks like the S bike will sell pretty soon, so when that happens, the hexhead GS is not far behind.

I'm scairt, pa. What do you do with that dirt stuff?
    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.

Do you have a list so far of the riders and their silly names?
    Eric i sure hope i'm not one of them..

by the way i found out the the dirt is the ultimate barrior that devide the real riders from the one that just talk about it...

I hope i see you again soon,for sure i miss you company around the asilum

Originally posted by ricardo kuhn
    by the way i found out the the dirt is the ultimate barrior that devide the real riders from the one that just talk about it..
    Hey now.

Dirt is the barrier that separates those the like riding in the dirt from those that don't. Some of the best/smoothest street riders I know have no real interest in wandering off pavement.
    portland, oregon

Originally posted by knary
    Hey now.

Dirt is the barrier that separates those the like riding in the dirt from those that don't. Some of the best/smoothest street riders I know have no real interest in wandering off pavement.
    Upppss

Was sopose to read

"by the way i found out the the dirt is the ultimate barrior that devide the real DIRT riders from the one that just talk about it.."

Sorry I was thinking about all the TKC 80 guys that never touch the dirt,but love the "look" the tyres give to the bike...

sorry about that
    Common sense is the least common of the senses

Originally posted by ricardo kuhn
    Upppss

Was sopose to read

"by the way i found out the the dirt is the ultimate barrior that devide the real DIRT riders from the one that just talk about it.."

Sorry I was thinking about all the TKC 80 guys that never touch the dirt,but love the "look" the tyres give to the bike...

sorry about that
    No worries.
    portland, oregon

Unregistered

Thumbs up

Hi;
    Read about this on the AdvRider site and would be happy to help with dual sport rides or even local pavement rides. Not a racer type, just a slow old fart on a 950 KTM who likes to explore.
    airhead Bruce