Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Rustic Road Patch

+ 2 for Friday AM. Brian & Kristy Miller (2 bikes).
    Brian Miller - Surprise, AZ
    2006 BMW R1200GS :: 2005 BMW F650CS :: 2005 Ducati Monster S2R

JCABRANES

Sunday Rustic Road Ride 6/10/07

If anyone is considering joining us on the ride this Sunday, I'm planning on leaving from the east entrance of the park (County Trunk HWY P) at around 11:00am rain or shine (though the forecast is high 70's and sunshine).

Jack

Imagine my surprise when I found out this was about riding in Wisconsin. I thought it was about how they throw shovel sized piles of cold asphalt out of the back of a truck to repair the roads in Missouri, and then let the car, truck, bike tires mash it down into small humps in the road.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves

Sunday Ride

I wish I could go with you tomorrow, but my son is arriving from college and there is alot of stuff planned. Between off loading his rental vehicle and getting it back to the agency, that is most of my sunday.

Tomorrow should be fabulous weather for riding.

See you at Cubanitas in about a month!
    "What is beautiful is simple, and what is simple always works"....Kalashnikov, inventor of the AK-47.
    Currently bikeless, but looking hard! "Center yourself in the vertizontal. Ride a motorcycle...namaste' "

JCABRANES
    Quote Originally Posted by ultracyclist View Post
    I wish I could go with you tomorrow, but my son is arriving from college and there is alot of stuff planned. Between off loading his rental vehicle and getting it back to the agency, that is most of my sunday.

Tomorrow should be fabulous weather for riding.

See you at Cubanitas in about a month!
    Not a problem. Right now it looks like its just me and my wife (me on my K12LT and she on her new to her K11LT). I'll take my camera and post pics.

Leaving from Washington County Fairgrounds at 11:00am if anyone would like to come along for the ride.

rodgtc

Location to meet

J, have you decided on a time and place to meet for the Friday and Saturday ride's?

Thanks

Rodger

JCABRANES
    The pavillion right out in front of the fairgrounds is as good as any place to meet. Let's set the time at 9:00am both days. I did a small portion of the pre-ride today (had to cut it short because my wife's bike developed a fuel leak) and the first 2 spots are just off a busy road. I would prefer to limit the number of bikes to about a dozen max (on each trip) for safety reasons as there is little to no shoulder on these roads so we'll be stopped right at the edge of the road. Don't want a clump of bikes IN the middle of the road. Anyway, I would like to know who is coming on what day. So far I have:

Friday: Brian and Kristi Miller, Therealbatman
    Saturday: Beemokat
    ???: Clowry (2), Flopp, Rodgtc, Dougc (2)

3 bikes Friday
    1 bike Saturday
    6 bikes undecided

Pick your days and if things change and you decide you don't want to come along let me know so we can add others. For those of you who would like to do this on your own I will post a route just as soon as I pre-ride it. The 8 that I didn't get to today are fairly close to home so weather permitting I'll do it during the week then I'll post the route for those of you that would like to give it a shot on your own.

Jack

floppp
    I was not planning to arrive until Thursday but then I forgot to register for the Experienced Riders Course. The only openings left were Wednesday Aft and before. Mailed off my app yesterday.

If I get into that course I will there before the Rally officially starts, so any time would be good for me. Slot me in for Friday, please.

JCABRANES
    Friday (4 bikes)
    Brian Miller
    Kristi Miller
    Therealbatman
    Flopp

Saturday (1 Bike)
    Beemokat

???
    Clowry (2 bikes)
    Dougc (2 bikes)
    Rodgtc

If you still have room for another rider I'd like to go on Friday's ride. I was already thinking doing a smaller version of this on the way to the rally. Having some people familiar with the routes would be great. BTW...thanks for limiting the riders to 12. Smart move based on some larger groups I've been on rides with in the past. Thanks.

KOINZ
    J,

I had another 2 interested riders from the Chromeheads group. I believe that's a total of 6 from my side.

I'll put the question out to them regarding which day they wanted to go on.

I do have to say that once the Rally is under way, there's going to be a lot of bikes on those little roads. Probably some riding tips are in order as well.

JCABRANES
    Friday (5 bikes)
    Brian Miller
    Kristi Miller
    Therealbatman
    Flopp
    Rebgen

Saturday (1 Bike)
    Beemokat

???
    Clowry (2 bikes)
    Dougc (2 bikes)
    Rodgtc
    Koinz (6 bikes)

The bulk of the roads are a ways from the rally site so I think we'll be ok in terms of competing with a horde of other bikes. I assume that all have ridden in a group before but I had intended on a SHORT review of the route and group riding techniques before we leave. Frankly the toughest part of these rides is keeping the group together so we'll be travelling at a reasonable speed, sorry if you thought we'd just scream down some of these country roads. Anyway, well talk about it before the ride.

Thx .. 2 bikes for us on friday am.
    '05 K1200LT Gold
    MOA Member #125415

rodgtc

Patch Ride

J, put me down for Saturday.

Thanks
    Rodger

JCABRANES
    Friday (7 bikes)
    Brian Miller
    Kristi Miller