Thread: Rally Weather

Rally Weather

Sinne I'm comming from the hot south, what are the average weather and temperture ranges I should be prepared for in July in Wisconsin.

Can I get by with a summer sleeping bag? etc.

The current 10 day forcast looks rather nice. What are the possible extremes.

Rod

It was 90+ and sticky humid today, supposed to cool off and rain in the next couple of days and then start the trend right back up.

So it depends on what you consider cold. I'd sleep in a summer bag down to 40degrees, but I have 12 packs abs to keep me warm.

Mudbug
    Sounds like the hot south near the Gulf of Mexico with high humidity. LOVE IT!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mudbug View Post
    Sounds like the hot south near the Gulf of Mexico with high humidity. LOVE IT!!!!
    BRRRR...sounds cool to me Mudbug! I'm ready for that!

http://www.accuweather.com/forecast-...53090&metric=0
    Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait

I plan to leave the sleeping bag at home and just sleep on the air mattress with a CoolMax cocoon.
    2012 R1200GS

"If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad

ah, you guys missed a great chance to pull some chains.. The correct answer should have been...

"Hmm.. July, the ice has just come of the lakes, temperature might be 30-35 without the wind chill factor..."

Of course, you just quoted the temperature in degrees C... You have to push the northern stereotype whenever you get the chance!

Quote Originally Posted by dlowry View Post
    ah, you guys missed a great chance to pull some chains.. The correct answer should have been...

"Hmm.. July, the ice has just come of the lakes, temperature might be 30-35 without the wind chill factor..."

Of course, you just quoted the temperature in degrees C... You have to push the northern stereotype whenever you get the chance!

I'll leave that for you folks up in C eh N eh D eh !!!!!

The weather in Southern Wisconsin is why the rally was sited in West Bend. If it had been any where north of US 8 we may have had to plow the parking lot and snow blow the campsites.
    Pass the mustard and UP THE REVOLUTION!

St. Paul Pioneer Press , Minneapolis Star Tribune

TGHSMITH
    having actually grown up in west bend (14 summers) expect anything from the sticky 90s to the cool and wet 60s depends on which way the wind blows(or doesn't) hopefully we'll get mid 70s and no storms, ( I not to worried I get a bed at my sisters farm 4 miles away, a/c and showers)

HODAG
    Quote Originally Posted by M1ka View Post
    The weather in Southern Wisconsin is why the rally was sited in West Bend. If it had been any where north of US 8 we may have had to plow the parking lot and snow blow the campsites.
    and hook up the sled dogs to pull bikes out of the snow drifts