Thread: Aftermarket high-beam

Aftermarket high-beam

I had posted this earlier in the oilhead forum, probubly better placed here...

I am attempting to increase my night-time safety and viability, IE: trying to avoid the deer I have been considering adding on some aux lighting like the PIAA 1100s. First, I thought that I would just upgrade the high-beam bulb to one of PIAAs aftermarket H3 extreme white or super plasma bulbs. Save some $, ease of installation, etc. I am also one who likes to avoid a lot of aftermarket add-ons

I would appreciate any advice from those who have experience with those particular bulbs. Where there any problems with power consumption / fuses, etc? And also were you satisfied with the increased night-time visibility, or was the night lighting about the same as the factory bulb?

Thanks!
    -Ross
    03' R1150RT

high beam

Ross:

I just received a bi - xenon HID system which I ordered from Xenon Depot info@xenondepot.com in Ontario, Canada, for my '02 1150 RS. This is a xenon system with a low and high beam capsule that is H4 compatible, so you are not faced with having to install auxiliary lights for high beam. I intend to report back after my tech installs it.

Paul Glaves did an installation write up on two systems he acquired from Xenon Depot in a recent edition of the News, but these had mono beam capsules.

If the RT is as light challenged as the RS is, it should be a worthwhile mod.

Rinty