Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My son and I are taking our first multi state trip.

I Used to Be Someone sheridesabeemer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetLeif View Post
    So it one day before we take off on our trip, and the wife is freaking out. Does anyone have any suggestions for that?
    Earplugs
    Gail Hatch
    SheRidesABeemer's Blog
    05 R12GS
    87 K75CT

Name is Leif. Now we are packed, biked washed and full of fuel. All we need now is the dawn of a new day and the lack of rain. (wifes freaked out about the weather)

My son has never gone multi state, but I used to take him to the Great River Road Run at 9 and 10 years old. The last time we went together, 2 days in the rain was enough for him, we went to a hotel on Saturday.

Official campgrounds (with other kids and pools and stuff) are a big plus, and I found he isn't much for "Historical" things. You will learn what he likes (as may he) and some will surprise you. Enjoy your trip.
    19 BMWMOA Nationals under my belt, and I have no idea what I am doing.

Well the wife nixed the bike trip at the last min. Gotta truck the bike to Alabama then ride alone from there. Anyone know a safe place in Huntsville AL to leave a truck for 2 1/2 days?

I would check the Anonymous book for someone who lives in the Huntsville area. Maybe they can recommend a place to leave your vehicle. You might also look for a dealer in the area who could give you ideas too.
    04 R1150RT

tdomek
    Doug Grosjean has written an entire book on the subject.

PM him for the pertinent p00p on his book.

sorry about the cancellation, maybe an overnight with your son as a first trip, to a nearby camping area will sooth your wifes anxiety. I also highly recommend ATGATT. IMHO anything short of this is asking for trouble. I never traveled with my sons on the motorcycle and maybe that is why they don't ride today. I just couldn't bring myself to do more than take them around the block, saw to much wreckage as a motor officer. Instead we had a nice truck, tent and small boat. The motorcycle trips were my time to myself.

Anyway, hope you enjoy the trip. Ride Safe!
    Richard Villa
    2007 Aprilia Caponord, 97 DR350/441, looking for an airhead, sold the R1100R
    "Rebels of the South, It is better to die on your feet than to continue living on your knees" Emiliano Zapata

Quote Originally Posted by SweetLeif View Post
    So it one day before we take off on our trip, and the wife is freaking out. Does anyone have any suggestions for that?
    Can you say Quay Looooods. Send her to a happy place