Thread: How can I register and vollunteer

SweetT

How can I register and vollunteer

Hello everybody,
    I just made my hotel reservations so now I'd like to register for the rally. I"d also like to see if there is a schedule of activites for the rally and also if it might be possible for my girlfriend and I to vollunteer to help out with something for a few hours during one of the days of the rally. Is this information available yet? Yes, I do know that the rally isn't for 6 more months, but its winter and since I cant ride motorcycles I at least have to think about them!

Thanks,
    Tarren Shaw
    Stillwater, OK

Thumbs up

Tarren, volunteers make it happen! On page 81 of the January issue of the BMW Owners News you'll find a list of all the rally committees and chairpeople. You can contact them to volunteer or sign up when you get to the rally. Registration info will be available on this site and in the BMW ON in the very near future. As a volunteer you'll meet new friends and have a great time.

Riding Like the Wind (come spring)...

Chuck Manley #12106
    Director, BMW MOA
    Chairman, Rally Site Search Team
    Dinky Dozen BMW Riders, Inc. #84
    Black '02 K12RS

Re: How can I register and vollunteer

Originally posted by Tarren Shaw
    Hello everybody,
    I just made my hotel reservations so now I'd like to register for the rally. I"d also like to see if there is a schedule of activites for the rally and also if it might be possible for my girlfriend and I to vollunteer to help out with something for a few hours during one of the days of the rally. Is this information available yet? Yes, I do know that the rally isn't for 6 more months, but its winter and since I cant ride motorcycles I at least have to think about them!

Thanks,
    Tarren Shaw
    Stillwater, OK
    You'll see online registration for the rally along with some other pretty exciting changes to the MOA web site Real Soon Now.

Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.

Greg

Re: Re: How can I register and vollunteer

Originally posted by KBasa
    You'll see online registration for the rally along with some other pretty exciting changes to the MOA web site Real Soon Now.

Define "Real Soon"

Greg

How about e-commerce in the next 30 days or so and more changes in the 2nd quarter of this year?

Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar

Re: Re: Re: How can I register and vollunteer

Originally posted by Greg
    Define "Real Soon"

Greg
    Too soon for those doing the work
    not soon enough for the people waiting for the work to be done

-=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

Greetings,

Rally pre-registration opens April 1. There will be secure on-line registration available or you can print a form and register by snail-mail.

General rally information will be posted on the rally web page as it becomes available. Because the seminar schedule and vendor lists changes after print deadlines this information is not published in the Owners News. This information will be posted on the rally web page(s) however it will be subject to change. We will do our best to keep it current.

Site security for the Country Store, Join / renew and update your information will be available by the end of this month if not sooner. We are in the testing / validation phase now.

The 'MOA is a volunteer organization and nowhere is this more apparent than at the Rally. I have met some wonderful people by volunteering and if getting involved in the nuts and bolts of an event is your cup o tea there are many different activities that would benefit from your help.

If you are interested in learning more take a look the list of Rally Committee Chairs . Most if not all have a contact e-mail address provided, feel free to send them a note.

Best
    Rob Nye
    06 R1200GSADV 06 R1200RTP
    IBA 250 My Iron Butt Rally Blog
    Bristol, Rhode Island USA
    Proud to move oil