Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Real Men Ride Harleys

Bikes, Guitars, and ... beemokat's Avatar

A little fun...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiY3fAwiPb0

I'll put this in the other harley thread also.
    Wherever you go, there you are.

Quote Originally Posted by BeemoKat View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiY3fAwiPb0

I'll put this in the other harley thread also.
    Ouch! I need
    Robert
    2010 Suzuki GSX1250SEA
    ÔÇ£If you get in too far over your head, remember - full throttle and make it spectacular!ÔÇØ http://www.yearroundriders.com

tdomek
    Quote Originally Posted by jwhite518 View Post
    My wife isn't impressed by Harleys. And she's from Iowa, where that's all they ride.
    All we ride in Iowa is Harleys?

We Bahnsturmers, the Pure Stodge, and the Big Sioux Riders might just say otherwise!

Seriously, Iowans are have the highest per capita rate of motorcycle ownership in the nation. I see no greater amount of HD's here than in other states.

If you ride it and don't spend all your time polishing it, it's all good!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by FatChance View Post
    I've been riding for 43 years on most of the brands available at one time or another and am getting fed up with this stuff. The most common thing I hear the HD people ever say about the BMW crowd is that they tend to be stuck-up, opinionated jerks with a misplaced superiority complex who only care about themselves (and those who are exactly like them) and look down upon everyone else. I'd have to say this thread justifies that view to a large degree.

If you add egotistical, it could be us!

Or is that me?

It's hard to tell these days.

Oh wait, that was another stereotype........Sorry about that!

To add to the grammer discussion, I like hyphenated words such as cow-orker..Rod.

Here is what this thread needs:

Link

Graphic image NSFW (at least, if you work at a horse farm)

19 BMWMOA Nationals under my belt, and I have no idea what I am doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapid_Roy View Post
    Here is what this thread needs:

Link

Graphic image NSFW (at least, if you work at a horse farm)

AMEN...done,finis,beaten to death,yada-yada...
    NEXT topic please
    Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait

I second that move on

Move on, cause if you got your ass wiped with the street right in front of a Harley (no matter how bad the HD rider hated Beemers) He would stop, and hold your head in his lap till the ambulence got there JUST LIKE YOU WOULD DO FOR HIM.

Period. End of story and you all know what I'm saying is true.

Red

JWHITE518
    Quote Originally Posted by tdomek View Post
    All we ride in Iowa is Harleys?
    I knew that remark would draw some Iowans!

What can I say -- when I'm in Des Moines, 9 out of 10 bikes I see is a Harley.

ALLANCOOK
    Quote Originally Posted by lazywizard02 View Post
    1. Use a hyphen to join two or more words serving as a single adjective before a noun:
    a one-way street
    chocolate-covered peanuts
    well-known author

http://owl.english.purdue.edu/handou.../g_hyphen.html
    Correct.

For the record, it's people who ride Harleys, not people that ride Harleys.

Seeking Mental Floss
    Quote Originally Posted by aaleonard View Post
    , I'd say its the old Triumph / Brit bike "rockers." A lot of them seem to just hate everything not British and not made before the early 70's.
    Was up at Lukenbach several months ago, and couple of guys from San Antonio were up there on two old BSAs. They had fabricated parts for the primary covers and such, and oil everywhere. Really cool guys to talk to, they restore only Brit bikes here in SA, in a shop just behind the new HD superstore. Long way to ride on those saddles.....looked like real men to me!

Mongo
    What I don't understand is: what good is all that horsepower when you have sideboards that scrape if you try to lean?
    I followed my brother and his wife on a 1340, and they weigh about 180 pounds together and wet.
    My wife and I were on my much older /7 and we weigh a tad more than 180 together (alright, a lot more). I could have passed that HD on the inside on any corner, he was scraping up a storm. I even commented to my wife that maybe we should just pass them and meet them at the rally. I can safely say that model is not a sport touring bike. The sparks looked cool though and it did have a nice radio. I think the owners look for different things in different bikes.
    Funny thing is I hardly ever scrape. When I do it is at slow speeds like in a parking lot. While I don't always ride aggresively (it depends on my mood). I will when the mood strikes. If your technique is good, it shouldn't be that much of an issue. It never has for me but then I'm not afraid of sliding off the seat, to get enough body lean to stand the bike up and keep it from scraping. Two up I don't ride aggressively enough to worry about it.

My brother is a very experienced rider. If he could have gone any faster, he would have been. My friends Sportster has no scraping issue. It is just the big ones with all the stuff on them and the big fairing and running boards. We were following a guy on one during the Slimey Crud Run. He had a laptop mounted on his handlebars, I think for GPS purposes. He was great on the straights but slowed us down in the corners. It was kind of pissing me off. That is where I get my kicks, I don't speed that much. I just don't slow down that much either. He was a good rider, I would think if he could have gone faster in the corners, he would have. I am sure I do the same thing to squids on Sportbikes following me.
    19 BMWMOA Nationals under my belt, and I have no idea what I am doing.

Mongo
    My brother is a very experienced rider. If he could have gone any faster, he would have been. My friends Sportster has no scraping issue. It is just the big ones with all the stuff on them and the big fairing and running boards. We were following a guy on one during the Slimey Crud Run. He had a laptop mounted on his handlebars, I think for GPS purposes. He was great on the straights but slowed us down in the corners. It was kind of pissing me off. That is where I get my kicks, I don't speed that much. I just don't slow down that much either. He was a good rider, I would think if he could have gone faster in the corners, he would have. I am sure I do the same thing to squids on Sportbikes following me.
    I don't have a fairing, my footboards are in their highest position and my suspension is set up as firm as I can get it. I'm not saying a good knee dragger won't eat my lunch. I'm just saying the bikes aren't as bad as many would make them out to be

Seattle-area Rounder OfficerImpersonator's Avatar
    I wish I had had a camera with me 20 minutes ago.

I'm waiting to cross the street, heading back to my office with lunch. Coming down the street is a H-D painted a color I can only describe as "Barney Purple".

I was SO tempted to scream out, "HEY - BARNEY CALLED - HE WANTS HIS BIKE BACK!", but of course, it being a Harley, he wouldn't have heard me.

Man - was that ever an ugly bike!
    Seattle, WA
    2012 R1200GSA
    2002 R1150RT-P
    1992 K75S sold

And we're so preoccupied with HD riders because? Let's think of some valid reasons: They outnumber BMW's about a bazillion to one; they have far better dealer support; their owners are proud of what they ride and show it; HD is a master of marketing, and it pays off in sales. I say to HD.
    Dan