Thread: 600 mile interval service on the F800ST

600 mile interval service on the F800ST

$120. Now that's not so bad, eh? Compared with 320 something for my RT. Coolness. Now I am broken in and not broke!

600 Mile Service on the F800ST (WAS), or F800S

Quote Originally Posted by wezul View Post
    $120. Now that's not so bad, eh? Compared with 320 something for my RT. Coolness. Now I am broken in and not broke!

Hello wezul,

Nice post, but I think you were taken. The 600 mile service on my S was $114.60 with tax and disposal fees included.

They told me these bikes were anticipated to be very low maintenance-they weren't kidding as the belt is supposed to good for at least 60,000 miles.

Now if I could just stop spending money on those lovely accessories. I received the Wundelich Lifter this week-what a pleasure to use!!!

Regards, Tweety1
    My bike shown here
    Jordan M, MOA #24434
    My Blog

Ah I see you discovered F800riders! I'm staying stock for a while before I start screwin' around.

Quote Originally Posted by wezul View Post
    Ah I see you discovered F800riders! I'm staying stock for a while before I start screwin' around.
    I discovered the forum at F800Riders.org months ago, lurked around, and that confirmed my choice. As for stock, are you implying a Wunderlich product is not? They make lots of BMW OE parts, and I thought the Lifter was a whole lot better choice than the BMW paddock stand. It is great and so easy to use!

I gather you have found them too. It is nice to know how far ahead of us they are in knowledge because they have had the bike so much longer than we have. The tools of the internet can be great. I was reading a thread there about synthetic oil, and I may try it now.

Tweety1, Off to Heber for the Rally
    My bike shown here
    Jordan M, MOA #24434
    My Blog

larrydk

like the 800

When I started to consider a BMW that F800S kept me coming back, ultimately I decided on the r1200s, but.......I keep thinking about that 800, very cool

Hankles
    I just paid about $279 for the 600 mile service on my F650GS. I think I would have gone with the F800ST if I could turn back time.

Hankles

floppp
    $206 CA for my 1000km run-in check.

I read that there is a bulletin out on bolt tensions. I noticed that part of my check was checking the torque on all bolts. As that is pure labour, it drove the cost up a bit. Parts totalled $50.00.

Quote Originally Posted by Floppp View Post
    $206 CA for my 1000km run-in check.

I read that there is a bulletin out on bolt tensions. I noticed that part of my check was checking the torque on all bolts. As that is pure labour, it drove the cost up a bit. Parts totalled $50.00.
    I had complained to my service advisor about oil trails on my engine, he looked it up, said a new bulletin was up, and did mine while I waited for just a signature. Why wouldn't a bulletin/recall w/in warranty be covered at no charge to the consumer?

Tweety1
    My bike shown here
    Jordan M, MOA #24434
    My Blog

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    Hmmm on both of my bikes I paid nothing for the 600 mile service I am sure I paid for it when I bought the bikes though. It is kind of like free shipping - you are paying for it somewhere.
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride