Thread: Chicago hotels

kevings

Question Chicago hotels

My wife and I are heading to the BMW ralley, we wanted to spend two nights in Chicago. We are looking for hotels in the Miracle Mile are. Anyone have suggestions? The travel web sites are good, but I wanted some of your opinions. Any good ones , or bad ones to stay away from?
    Thanks for the ideas.

larrydk

Chicago hotels

I've lived in Chicao my whole life, but have never stayed at any of the hotels on the "miracle mile" I think you mean the "magnificent mile". They're all expensive and all fancy.

If it was me though, I'd recommend something off the "mile" like the Palmer House (very old, very Chicago). Also, the Four Seasons and the Inter-Continental are realy nice.

Stick with the guides for hotels, they're usually right.

LDK

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    Also before making reservations, ask about their parking and where you can part a motorcycle. I have stayed at the W and it was pretty good.
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

the peninsula.
    We might as well walk. ~ Adam Guettel The Light In The Piazza
    used to own: 1982 R100T, 1984 R65, 1986K75C, 1997 R1100RT, R850R, K75S, 1978 R100RS... what was I thinking?

kevings

Question hotel

Quote Originally Posted by BradfordBenn View Post
    Also before making reservations, ask about their parking and where you can part a motorcycle. I have stayed at the W and it was pretty good.
    What is the W you refered to?

W Hotels

Check the net - there are two in dtwn Chicago.

Reasonable for this $$$ territory - there are probably no bad hotels - too competitive!

I like the Ambassador East the most if you're going to spend Downtown prices. Outdoor parking lot across the street - Gold Coast area so you are walking distance from the Mag Mile.

They have packages available.

Usual disclaimers, but I do put guests up there from time to time.

Westmichigan

Chicago hotels

I've had no bad experiences at the Drake, the Intercontinental, and Whitehall hotels. Whitehall is smaller, very nice. Drake is famous. Raphael used to be nice, probably is again. Changed owners and went into semi-permanent remodeling a few years ago.