Thread: Can you identify these jackets

Talking Can you identify these jackets

I was at the BMW swap meet outside of Rockford lately. Two guys that were riding a couple of restored 1960's BMWs were wearing what I think were "period correct" jackets. One was leather and long like a touring jacket with possibly a waist belt and one was some sort of blue fabrick with a round BMW logo on the upper right front. Each jacket had a small German name plate, possibly two words, on the upper left arm/sholder. Can anyone identify who made or makes those jackets. Thanks ahead of time for your help.

Bikes, Guitars, and ... beemokat's Avatar
    Hein Gericke maybe?
    Wherever you go, there you are.

ybmobboss
    Vanson has some period stuff as well....In fact I have a way cool waxed cotton jacket from Vanson, but I don't think they make it any longer,but it looks just like that vintage Steve McQueen coat
    Attached Images Attached Images  

4. 05-04-2007, 02:28 AM

dlearl476
    Belstaff still makes those jackets. I don't know if they're distributed in the US. Oh, wait. I think there's an ON advertiser.

I just looked on the website and most of it's nylon summer stuff. Waxed cotton winter stuff may be on there somewhere, but I didnt' see it.

fwiw, unless you're really going for a vintage look, GoreTex and Simpetex (sp?) beat the heck out of waxed cotton.

http://www.belstaff.com/

6. 05-04-2007, 03:10 PM

dlearl476
    Quote Originally Posted by PT9766 View Post
    Sure, new suits have armour padding and a lot more useful features, vents, linings and so on. And I have one of those for severe early and late season riding.

But don't knock something just because it's an old idea.

PT9766
    I'm not knocking it because it's old, I'm knocking it because there are modern products that are 100 times more useful, except as fashion statements. I have a waxed cotton jacket, too. I'll take my Rallye II any day, thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by dlearl476 View Post
    Belstaff still makes those jackets. I don't know if they're distributed in the US. Oh, wait. I think there's an ON advertiser.

I just looked on the website and most of it's nylon summer stuff. Waxed cotton winter stuff may be on there somewhere, but I didnt' see it.

fwiw, unless you're really going for a vintage look, GoreTex and Simpetex (sp?) beat the heck out of waxed cotton.

http://www.belstaff.com/
    Actually it's http://britishmotorcyclegear.com They make a good product, I have a Belstaff jacket that I've had for years, definately the most comfortable piece of gear that I own.
    keep it light enough to travel.....
    2013 GL1800 Goldwing
    '81 Honda CB650 Custom

Barbour

I have an old cotton Barbour jacket. It is tr?¿s chic for walking around Vintage rallies, especially where old British bikes are featured. I haven't worn it when riding for decades. Just don't feel comfortable without the armour.

Holly