Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: All purpose GPS

Can't Grow It?? Mow it!! bullit7801's Avatar
    Lincoln, NE; Flat, Boring & Windy Great Plains
    Quote Originally Posted by stardw View Post
    Tom (Bullit7801)

Where did you order your Ram mounts from and what type did you go with? Does anyone have a picture they could post with the 60cx mounted on a bike?
    Go to the RAM site and go thru their menu system for the GPS and it will show you the alternatives. Then check for a dealer. I ordered the cradle and an attachment for it with the ball in Aluminimun. I have the arm and the ball on the bike already from my GPS III+. I ordered from Cycle Gadgets. www.cyclegadgets.com

I can't get you a picture. They won't let me open the box until Thursday.

tb
    Tom "Bullit" Buttars
    Ambassador
    1978 R100RS, 2006 F650GS, 2007 F800S

Can't Grow It?? Mow it!! bullit7801's Avatar
    Lincoln, NE; Flat, Boring & Windy Great Plains
    Quote Originally Posted by manicmechanic View Post
    Hi!, Tom! So you're actually gonna do it, for real. Good on you! Do you think you can show off your new toy at the GR3 in a couple weeks? We can celebrate with a cigar and some Scotch.
    [Hijack]Hey Randy,

It looks like I won't make GRRR again this year. Remember Rosanne Rosanadana? "It's always something." My friends and wife are having a retirement party for me that Friday, the 18th. I had planned to do the GRRR, visit with my niece in Platteville, then visit my sister and mother in Minocqua. Too much of this retirement crap. My riding season is off to a slow start. But.....how do I tell my friends and SWMBO that they can't have a party. The worst part is that I have to choose the invite list, so who do I exclude and potentially offend?

All in all, I'd rather be in Wisconsin.
    (W.C. Field's grave marker states "All in all, I'd rather be in Philladelphia." )

tb[\Hijack]
    Last edited by bullit7801; 05-01-2007 at 07:22 PM.
    Tom "Bullit" Buttars
    Ambassador
    1978 R100RS, 2006 F650GS, 2007 F800S

Angry All purpose GPS

Take a look at Lowrance. I have an i500c it's good for marine, auto and motorcycle. The unit is water proof and works well in the car and on the bike. On the bike I can plug the voice output into my intercom headsets or sound system, same for the car.

Cons - it's a big heavy unit, no batteries must be powered from vehicle. It does come with a power source to use at home so you can program your trips. Lowrance maintains a web site to get upgrades from however they make little or no effort to respond to email questions.

Pros - add ons are easy to get. Ram makes LT specific mounts. Easy to create routes using address book. Very good touch screen.

Quote Originally Posted by tandmsimmons View Post
    Take a look at Lowrance. I have an i500c it's good for marine, auto and motorcycle. The unit is water proof and works well in the car and on the bike. On the bike I can plug the voice output into my intercom headsets or sound system, same for the car.

Cons - it's a big heavy unit, no batteries must be powered from vehicle. It does come with a power source to use at home so you can program your trips. Lowrance maintains a web site to get upgrades from however they make little or no effort to respond to email questions.

Pros - add ons are easy to get. Ram makes LT specific mounts. Easy to create routes using address book. Very good touch screen.
    I did some checks and it appears that marine navigation isn't available on that unit, but is on the new iWay 600C. Do you have the 500 and have you used it for marine mapping. If so, what type of charts does it use? Pricewise, it is available much cheaper than the newer 600 unit.