Thread: Rally GPS POI and routes

GSCOOKEMNSTER

Rally GPS POI and routes

I recently purchased a GPS and have been having fun using it locally for geocaching and developing routes. I've also begun developing routes to/from the rally. I was wondering if a file of waypoints for interesting places, places to eat, brewery could be developed and posted to the Rally pages. Also, if local rides are being developed, if those routes could be posted for download to a GPS, that would be helpful for us visitors to Wisconsin.

Brian

I've got alot of the addresses listed here.
    http://www.partydocks.com/07rally/cat.htm
    Now if you would plug them in to a GPS ... maybe I could get the file from you.
    '05 K1200LT Gold
    MOA Member #125415

OK I have all my waypoints but cant figure out how to post the file.

Its on my website but the .gdb file doesnt seem to work once downloaded. Hummm ..
    '05 K1200LT Gold
    MOA Member #125415

_
    Quote Originally Posted by DougC View Post

Its on my website but the .gdb file doesnt seem to work once downloaded. Hummm ..
    I've sometimes had that problem and solved it by saving the file as a .gpx and then posting it.
    Charlie

Ok try this .. I did have to change the file type to "all files" when right clicking the link and doing a "save target as"

This is a .gpx file
    http://www.partydocks.com/07rally/07rally.gpx
    After saving, open in your maping software.

If this works I will try to get averything from my excel file on there in the next couple months.
    '05 K1200LT Gold
    MOA Member #125415

_
    This is a .gpx file
    http://www.partydocks.com/07rally/07rally.gpx
    After saving, open in your maping software.

If this works I will try to get averything from my excel file on there in the next couple months.

I saved it and then opened it in Mapsource but all I got were a bunch of waypoints in an area of Wisconsin that nobody would ever go to.
    Charlie

Are you related to my wife?
    '05 K1200LT Gold
    MOA Member #125415

_
    Quote Originally Posted by DougC View Post
    Are you related to my wife?
    Your wife doesn't want to go to the rally??
    Charlie

Oh no. There will be beer at the rally, shes excited about the rally. But lets say she didnt have as much fun as I did at a few of the other waypoints.
    '05 K1200LT Gold
    MOA Member #125415

Minnesota issue Wisconsin issue also?

Quote Originally Posted by GSCookeMnster View Post
    I recently purchased a GPS and have been having fun using it locally for geocaching and developing routes. I've also begun developing routes to/from the rally. I was wondering if a file of waypoints for interesting places, places to eat, brewery could be developed and posted to the Rally pages. Also, if local rides are being developed, if those routes could be posted for download to a GPS, that would be helpful for us visitors to Wisconsin.

Brian
    Minnesota has tons of gas stations, but few selling non additive, nonoxegynated gas; is this the same in Wisconsin, and does anybody know where a list of station locations that sell non corn gas can be found? That single factor will determine my route, screw the food, I need good gas!

Coming from Minnesota, I can eat any grub, providing no raw anchovies!

Red

Spiegeltuxer
    Quote Originally Posted by redclfco View Post
    Minnesota has tons of gas stations, but few selling non additive, nonoxegynated gas; is this the same in Wisconsin, and does anybody know where a list of station locations that sell non corn gas can be found? That single factor will determine my route, screw the food, I need good gas!

Coming from Minnesota, I can eat any grub, providing no raw anchovies!

Red

You will want to get gas then in Dodge county or Fond du Lac County. Corn gas is in Washington/Milwaukee/Ozaukee/Waukesha counties all around the rally site and the major cities south and east to the lake. Rally site to Campbellsport is about 16 miles and this s/b your closesest good gas. A more interesting ride would be rally site to Hustisford, thats about 22 miles west. My RS sure does idle better on non RFG for sure.

kbflanigan

Non Oxygenated Fuel Dealers List...

This link to the Minnesota Street Rod Assn. website is a list of dealers selling non-0xygenated fuel. The list is from last year, so the usual disclaimers apply.