Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Post a Picture of Your F-Twin

If you guys don't mind me asking on this thread; will a typical full face helmet fit in the factory F series saddlebag?
    There's a reason i am asking this, but I'm not talking. I'm no stool pigeon.
    Gilly
    87 K75S, bought new, now sold
    07 K1200GT Bought new, now traded in
    13 C650GT
    MOA 44606

helmet fits

It's an expandable bag, and yes one will fit in it.
    Peg
    miles of smiles

'75 Yamaha RD350 (gone)
    '76 Honda 400 Four SuperSport
    '86 Yamaha SRX 600 single
    '93 Yamaha SRX 600 single (Japan) (gone)
    '83 BMW R100RS (gone)
    '07 BMW F800ST

Exclamation 1600 miles and still a blast!

Well I now have over 1600 miles on my bike and have made one long trip (500 Miles). It is still a blast to ride and full of surprises at its responsiveness and power. I did a comparison of power to weight between the R1200ST, the K1200S and the F800ST. The F800 is within a couple of tenths of the power to weight of the larger R-bike! This bike has got lots of looks and complements everywhere I go. BMW has surley created a winner with this bike! http://www.bmwmoa.org/forum/images/smilies/clap.gif
    CoyoteBMW
    53 years of BMW's - 1960 R26 and 2007 F800ST!

Quote Originally Posted by coyotebmw View Post
    Well I now have over 1600 miles on my bike and have made one long trip (500 Miles). It is still a blast to ride and full of surprises at its responsiveness and power. I did a comparison of power to weight between the R1200ST, the K1200S and the F800ST. The F800 is within a couple of tenths of the power to weight of the larger R-bike! This bike has got lots of looks and complements everywhere I go. BMW has surley created a winner with this bike!
    Hi there!

Last edited by bricciphoto; 08-07-2007 at 12:08 AM.
    Ben Ricci

Rides & Drives: '07 BMW F800ST Low, '07 Porsche Cayman, '06 VW Jetta TDI & '05 BMW R1200ST

Here goes...

With and without the Givi sidebags:

F800ST on tour

A picture of the the bike before leaving Orange, CA for Chicago, IL
    Attached Images Attached Images

Can you see mine?

A photo of most of the bikes from a mid-fall meet today of my local BMW MOA chapter (there were 25 in all). Can you see mine in a sea of other BMWs? Look for the Tweety Bird color!

I bought an F800ST in August and put 2,300 miles on it. Loved the bike and had none of the problems that have been described in numerous forums and was getting about 50 mpg. Its a great bike. Sadly, I needed to get rid of it and get something that puts me in more upright riding position because of neck issues. I added barbacks, panniers, top case, mirror extenders and a CalSci windscreen. I loved that bike:

What it looked like when I got it

What it looked like when I got rid of it

Here's what I have now
    2007 BMW R1200RT
    www.pbtfus.org

Great pics, is that Camp Shadow pines? Cool place, I went to a rally there a few years back.
    Brian Miller - Surprise, AZ
    2006 BMW R1200GS :: 2005 BMW F650CS :: 2005 Ducati Monster S2R

Some of my F800S Farkles

I thought I'd start this, considering this thread hadn't seen activity in a bit. Here are some my farkles.

The BMW Zumo

The Axio Tail Bag (from its front)

Same, from rear

Marsee 11L tank bag, with electric kit

White tail lens/red LED light

More later...

Yours?

Zumo mount

Tweety, which Zumo mount is that? Can you post a pic from the side of the Zumo on the bike?

thx

Quote Originally Posted by dntufte View Post
    Tweety, which Zumo mount is that? Can you post a pic from the side of the Zumo on the bike?

thx
    Haven't taken a pic of mine from the side, as the garage needs a clean out and is a little too crowded around the bike. But the mount is a ZTechnik setup, available from any BMW dealer or from techmounts.com, and it comes in two pieces, a Z6131 mount and a Z6201 GPS top plate. Search ZTechnik, go to website, under products select bike, and it'll show you the two in a list of all their products for yours.

I have to say, 1) the quality is EXCELLENT and 2) with adjustments fore and aft, up and down, and tilt angle sideways, the utility of the mount is beyond excellent, to sublime. I could not recommend a better add-on if you want a GPS, and I am considering a second for the throttle side, for mounting my V1 radar detector, as I have done the brake reservoir mod seen on f800riders.org, and removed the bracket from that side.

Here is a photo of the Z6131 mount:

Last edited by AZ-J; 01-19-2008 at 05:08 PM. Reason: corrected spelling of ZTechnik
    My bike shown here
    Jordan M, MOA #24434
    My Blog

I just added Givi bags and a centerstand to my 800S. Nothing happens, I should turn 20,000 miles on her this afternoon.
    Attached Images Attached Images

On the F800riders.org forum, there is a thread in the How To section on doing what is called the Front Brake Mod. Here's mine nice and close up all done. I did it about 1,000 miles ago and it's all good. No more high bracket!

It uses BMW parts mostly from the new K series.

Instructions are here: http://f800riders.org/forum/showthread.php?t=9386 but missing original pics. I do have a PDF of this with pics, and if you want it, PM me.

Tootles.
    My bike shown here
    Jordan M, MOA #24434
    My Blog

My first post......'07 F800ST

I love this bike. It is my first BMW and it's comfortable, gets great gas mileage, has great accessories, and I think it looks great!