Thread: Garmin Nuvo 550

Garmin Nuvo 550

I am picking up my new K1200GT this week and I am debating on getting the BMW Garmin unit or maybe saving a little cash and getting the Garmin Nuvo 550? Does anyone have one of the Nuvo Units? If so what is your experience with it? Any input would be appreciated!

Recently purchased the Zumo 550; only used it in the car so far and it was easy to use right out of the box. Worked great while in a city I was unfamiliar with and I look forward to mounting it on the bike. 2002 RT
    Riding buddy has the same unit mounted ant is happy with his purchase.

The Zumo 550 is made specifically for motorcycles but is equipted to use in the car. On the internet there are several sites that have reduced pricing.

Mudbug
    The zumo 450 is now available. It is a zumo 550 without XM stuff, MP3 player, and voice stuff. It can be found on the web for less than $600.00. Price may drop further if you are willing to wait.

Thanks. I ended up getting 15% off the Navigator when I bought the bike and then BMW Kicked in $500.00 worth of accessories so I put it towards the NAV III. The dealership had to order it so I am still waiting for it.