Thread: A ride to a different beach

Hybrid View

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar

A ride to a different beach

So today it was warm enough to ride, 41F at 2:00PM. Decided to go to the beach as well...

When I returned home it was 34F.

Anyone care to guess where the beach is?
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

Talking where the beach is?

Hey Bradfordbenn, my guess is that you being a South Bend kinda guy that you may be sitting somewhere along the southeastern shore of Lake Michigan. Just a guess ! My brother and sister in law lived at a little place called Baroda, MI. about 15 miles from St. Joseph and about 6 miles from the big pond. I rode my Harley there in Sept 2001 and did a lot of riding in Michigan while visiting. The beaches on the big pond were much different than an ole southern boy might have expected. I rode hwy 31 north out of Indy to South Bend and on to the end of 31 then just a few miles west to Baroda. As you may have guessed I no longer have a hog but opted for a BMW. I bought an 03 k1200 ltc at bikeweek and have really enjoyed the bike so far. I wanted something more like an r bike or gt but due to a work accident (fell and broke my back in 3 places) 4 years ago my back can't take the riding position. I will have to ride the couch but hey I like It! I rode today as well here in east TN. as it was 58 deg this afternoon but about 25 in the am. Have a good day, Ron Tinker-Cleveland TN.

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar

Smile Yup, did that

Pretty much you nailed it, took a few back roads to get up to US-12 to go to New Buffalo on Lake Michigan, then came back by the way of US-31 to I-80. It was getting cold as the sun had set. Only 80ish miles.
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

The break looks just a little like Pillar Point Harbor. This harbor
    is just North of Half Moon Bay.

I like the picture too!

Ian