Thread: Choke Positions on /6

Choke Positions on /6

Won't lead you on with what I think, but I have cause to believe that I am wrong.

What is the 'full choke position' and what is the 'off choke position'?

REBECCAV
    On my R90/6 the choke is on when the lever is down, and the choke is off when the lever is up (parallel to the ground). Is your bike telling you something else???

Thx

BG,

Thanks, mine are the same. I read Clymer's and looked at the pictures, got a self-induced case of orientation vertigo and lost faith in what I thought I knew.

MC

Choke Position

Upon installing new choke cables, lubing, cleaning up the mechanism and reinstalling the airbox cover I noticed that now the choke lever will not stay in the full choke position (down). The springs on the chokes (enrichers?) pull the lever back into the unchoked position. When I start the engine, I must hold down the choke lever untill the engine is warmed up sufficiently to run unchoked.
    I can't figure out how to tighten up the choke lever without removing the airbox cover again. Just a minor inconvenience but thought I'd share that in case someone had a quick fix.

Oops!

I forgot to mention.
    My bike is a 1971 R75/5.

Re: Choke Position

Originally posted by Fritz
    Upon installing new choke cables, lubing, cleaning up the mechanism and reinstalling the airbox cover I noticed that ...
    Also, make sure the choke wasn't accidentally spun to the open position with airbox handle in the off position. Possible to do with the cables disconnected. I can't remember the orientation without looking at a manual for the Bing.
    Jim Doyle
    Expert M/C road racer and crew chief
    Owner G-Baby Racing endurance team
    2013 ASRA/AMA Team Challenge GTL National Champions