Thread: South Park Colorado

On a Ride

South Park Colorado

Last Sunday afternoon took a spin down Hwy 285 to go over Kenosha Pass, then look at the immense meadow (park) surrounded on all side by big hills .

About five miles before Kenosha, on the north side, I passed a four legged thing, turned around and parked as close as I thought I could get without having him turn and run.

Made it over the pass and turned south at Jefferson, going down the Tarryall road for about five miles. Parked and enjoyed the empty expanse.

Re: South Park Colorado

Originally posted by sfarson

Beautiful!
    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.

RIDERR1150GSADV

Cool

I agree, what a view.
    jealous??? Nah!

Yeah, that's what I see every time I go out. Living right off 285 I sometimes like to pick up Hwy 9 in Fairplay and head to Breck. Wish my garage wasnt on the north side of the house, or I'd be out on a few of those toasty 50 degree winter days here in the foothills. Feeling right at home with your wonderful snap shots.

Zachltc@aol.com

Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time....

Sorry, had to be said.
    2012 R1200GS

"If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad

Goin' down to South Park gonna see some friends o' mine!
    Had to finish it.

On a Ride
    Originally posted by zachltc
    Yeah, that's what I see every time I go out. Living right off 285 I sometimes like to pick up Hwy 9 in Fairplay and head to Breck. Wish my garage wasnt on the north side of the house, or I'd be out on a few of those toasty 50 degree winter days here in the foothills. Feeling right at home with your wonderful snap shots.

Zachltc@aol.com
    Hey, I go up Bear Creek Canyon all the time. Sweet. Today was the annual New Year's Day ride... chose the Peak-to-Peak highway. Stunning scenery. Little sandy in spots and a small ice patch here and there (especially north of Ward), but it was a fantastic day. What BMW do you ride?

I ride an 81 R100RT. Buying a K1200LTC this winter. I'm sure the peak to peak ride would have been great. I opted to join the Denver BMW club and CO Spgs club at the Rockyard Brewery in Castle Rock for Lunch and a couple of brews. There were about 150 bikes parked out front. I fequently take that ride to Estes Park, so I was with you in spirit. Maybe we can hook up sometime for a local ride. Tomorrow night, the 3rd, is the annual BMW holiday party. If you want to attend, Email me a Zachltc@aol.com. These folks are good company and many are very knowledgable about our passion, BMW's.

Zach

Isn't South Park where something kills Kenny every week?

GIZMO
    Originally posted by jgr451
    Isn't South Park where something kills Kenny every week?
    Yes, I believe this is where the TV show you mention comes from, at least the name. I think I heard that the creator comes from that area.

On a Ride
    Heard the creator of South Park spent time in Conifer, on Hwy 285 between South Park and Denver.