Thread: Experiences with Venting Maching Jacket or Summer pants?

Experiences with Venting Maching Jacket or Summer pants?

I'm going to look for a new summer riding suit. I tired of being too hot at 75+. I currently have an older (Joe Rocket?) mesh jacket and pants. I really never liked them that much since they don't seem very crash worthy, good news is that I have never had to test them out. They just look like they might melt in a slide so I seldom wear the mesh.

I saw the BMW Venting Machine Jacket and I was thinking that I could match it with the BMW summer pants. The BMW products that I have seen are always a premium price but good quality.

My nearest BMW dealer with BMW clothing is 5+ hours away so I'd be ordering on line.

Anybody have any thoughts on this as a combo suit for summer?

Thanks for the help.

OldAndBusted
    if by summer pants you mean the ones that zip off at the knee to make shorts? i just got myself a pair of those. haven't been able to ride in them yet because it's winter here of course. i do have one complaint so far, it would be nice if there was some padding around the inside waistband area, it's basically just abrasion-resistant material all over there now. chafes a bit. but the price was right.

BMW Summer Pants

I have the BMW Summer Pants in the Sand color. I bought them because I wanted a lighter color (other than the usual black) to wear in the summer. I live in North Carolina and we get high heat and humidity. I wear a First Gear Mesh jacket with the Summer Pants and the combination works well in the summer. I purchased them shortly before the 2005 Lima Rally and was glad I had the zip off legs with the heat we experienced there.

If you are not a slim person, you may want to go up a size because the Summer Pants tend to run small. I am a 37 waist (usually buy 38 jeans/dress slacks) and the Large Summer Pants were too small for me, particularly in the butt. The Extra Large fit just right.

The Summer Pants are being discontinued for 2007. I think A & S Cycles is selling them for $115. This is a good savings over the original list price. I think I paid $179 for mine two years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by willsee View Post
    I'm going to look for a new summer riding suit. I tired of being too hot at 75+. I currently have an older (Joe Rocket?) mesh jacket and pants. I really never liked them that much since they don't seem very crash worthy, good news is that I have never had to test them out. They just look like they might melt in a slide so I seldom wear the mesh.

I saw the BMW Venting Machine Jacket and I was thinking that I could match it with the BMW summer pants. The BMW products that I have seen are always a premium price but good quality.

My nearest BMW dealer with BMW clothing is 5+ hours away so I'd be ordering on line.

Anybody have any thoughts on this as a combo suit for summer?

Thanks for the help.
    Consider a custom-fitted kevlar mesh suit from Cycleport -- excellent ventilation, excellent armor/protection, excellent service.
    http://www.motoport.com/detail.asp?P...x=760-752-9317
    John
    '03K12RS

Harrington
    How do you keep warm in the Venting Machine gear? I ride in the Cal Central Valley where it can get toasty. I also ride over the Sierras where it can get a bit nippy. My 'stich is doing double duty now but is too hot in the Valley.

Besides wearing rain gear, what other options are there? I know the VM will do the trick in the heat but I don't want to change for every micro climate.

Thumbs up for BMW Venting Machine

I love the Venting Machine, have used it for 2 years now. To keep warm when it gets chilly, I use the BMW fleece pullover (comes in orange and blue colors), and if needed a full-sleave shirt in the saddle bag. All under the Venting Machine.