Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Volunteer!

uh ... who are you?

Seriously, my spam filter is sometimes too effective. Please resend.
    email ---> SUE

Thanks!
    Sue Rihn #43753
    BMW MOA Ambassador
    It's Billings in 2015! #BeTheAdventure
    Sometimes it's the bend in the road that makes life worth the ride.

James.A
    Note to Sue; I can be available for set up work earlier in the week. PM me if needed.

Note to ManicMechanic; I would enjoy doing the forum thing with you in the beer tent on friday afternoon/evening.

Note to Hodag: Perfectly willing to help on your charging station. It's a great gig for someone with a hangover.

Thursday Morning

Quote Originally Posted by Hodag View Post
    the electronics charging station is also looking for volunteers, its an easy gig in air conditioned comfort...
    lots of relaxing in comfort as you interact with fellow members
    I could help out Thursday morning. I think Greg does not need me in the Cyper Cafe until afternoon.
    Bernie Echt
    Jacksonville, FL
    2007 R1200RT Double Silver, 2000 R11RT sold (103K)
    MOA#92589, BMWNEF, BMW Outriders, BMW-RA, AMA

Am plannin'on bein'there,you could pencil me in for ice/beer tent type details
    Nose

HODAG
    Quote Originally Posted by woodnsteel View Post
    Note to Hodag: Perfectly willing to help on your charging station. It's a great gig for someone with a hangover.
    no wonder Sue picked me to chair.....

ABC,AMA(LIFE),MOA,RA,IBMW MANICMECHANIC's Avatar
    Gotcha covered, Oznay! Welcome!
    F.O.G.Rider, Rounder #6,
    Ambassador, Biergarten co-chair
    BMWRA Wisconsin Region Rep, camping chair

Caber Cafe'

I am panning on attending my first BMW rally in Wisc. and I am interested in volunteering also. I enjoy and I am quite good at making specialty coffee drinks. I have volunteered at a local youth hangout (now closed) that I served coffee drinks at and at a local not-for-profit cyber cafe'. Will the cyber cafe' at the national rally have a capaccino machine? If so I would like to volunteer for a couple of shifts as I am a relatively new member and would like to meet some of the people.

Mark Harms

Thumbs up A joke?

Quote Originally Posted by markaharms View Post
    I am planning on attending my first BMW rally in Wisc. and I am interested in volunteering also. I enjoy and I am quite good at making specialty coffee drinks. I have volunteered at a local youth hangout (now closed) that I served coffee drinks at and at a local not-for-profit cyber cafe'. Will the cyber cafe' at the national rally have a capaccino machine? If so I would like to volunteer for a couple of shifts as I am a relatively new member and would like to meet some of the people. Mark Harms
    At the risk of being the victim of a practical joke, I will answer this poor fellow's question. The cybercafe is merely a place set aside for volunteers to bring in their laptops and put them on line so visitors can drop by and check their email, stock quotes, etc. Last rally I was at had no Starbuck's at the cybercafe, unless I missed something. Yankee Beemers Club usually has the free (donations accepted) coffee in the mornings at the rallies but not much choice in espressos, lattes or cappuccinos.
    By the way the Coffee donations turned into a $12,000 gift for a homeless shelter in Lima!!!! When the director received the check, I thought she was going to faint!! It was a beautiful tribute and a reason every city wants to have a BMW motorcycle rally.
    There are two things to aim at in life; first to get what you want, and after that to enjoy it. Only the wisest of mankind achieve the second. -Logan Pearsall Smith, essayist (1865-1946)

Quote Originally Posted by markaharms View Post
    I am panning on attending my first BMW rally in Wisc. and I am interested in volunteering also. I enjoy and I am quite good at making specialty coffee drinks. I have volunteered at a local youth hangout (now closed) that I served coffee drinks at and at a local not-for-profit cyber cafe'. Will the cyber cafe' at the national rally have a capaccino machine? If so I would like to volunteer for a couple of shifts as I am a relatively new member and would like to meet some of the people.

Mark Harms
    Mark,
    If you are interested in volunteering to help with the gates, drop me a note (austin01@juno.com). We need people for 4 hour shifts from 7 am to 11 pm. Volunteering (gates, registration, beer garden, etc. ) is a good way to meet folks at the rally.
    Mark
    Mark Austin
    BMW MOA Ambassador
    Knights of the Roundel

Sue, after the unsettling experience I had at the gates in Oshkosh, I would be willing to volunteer for some other duty. That is if Nancy has decided not to do any type of vending as a fund raiser.
    19 BMWMOA Nationals under my belt, and I have no idea what I am doing.

Was that YOU at the back gate with Awful Al. doing the Midnight Shift?

Sue Rihn #43753
    BMW MOA Ambassador
    It's Billings in 2015! #BeTheAdventure
    Sometimes it's the bend in the road that makes life worth the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Rihn-Manke View Post
    Was that YOU at the back gate with Awful Al. doing the Midnight Shift?

No, I was alone way up front telling the locals they couldn't cut through on the road that they used every day. Remember, you told me a blue van was crashing the gate every night and I radioed back, If I had to, I would write the license plate number in my blood on the road.

Bruce and Al were at the back gate, and only physically.
    I will volunteer this time because I probably won't be out riding.
    Last edited by Rapid Roy; 05-02-2007 at 04:13 PM. Reason: old age :lol
    19 BMWMOA Nationals under my belt, and I have no idea what I am doing.

PATDAYE

volunteering

My wife and I, would love to work the registration if any spots are left, we will be up wed. please let us know!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Rihn-Manke View Post
    As we start to discuss "Early-Entry" and things to do while you are at the rally, this seems like a great time to remind everyone that the engine for our annual event is run by the volunteers.

Without the volunteers, the rally would lose some its luster --- not to mention how much more it would CO$T.

All of this being said, I would ask that everyone on this list consider stepping up to the plate to volunteer a few hours at the national rally this summer. It will enhance your rally experience, you will make new friends, and ultimately you will truly feel like you are part of the club.

How do you volunteer? Go to the list of committee chairs posted athttp://www.bmwmoa.org/rally/rally07/volunteer.htm

If you want to be on the early set-up crew, contact me directly.
    EMAIL SUE

Thanks everyone!

Sue,

I should be on your list of volunteers... I plan on turning up either Monday or Tuesday.

Volunteers RV Parking..............

Greetings All,

The RV Parking committee is looking for volunteers to help park RV's at the Rally. Mon. - Fri. 4 hr. shifts sarting at 8 am. Parking on Wed. and Thur. look to be our busiest so any help would be deeply appreciated.

Like Sue said Volunteering is a great way to meet people you would probably never meet at a Rally. Where ever you end up Volunteering you will feel fullfilled after you're done. Travel safe and hope to meet you there.

Ride Safe,
    Pineapple

jdavies3@wi.rr.com