Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Volunteer!

Volunteer!

As we start to discuss "Early-Entry" and things to do while you are at the rally, this seems like a great time to remind everyone that the engine for our annual event is run by the volunteers.

Without the volunteers, the rally would lose some its luster --- not to mention how much more it would CO$T.

All of this being said, I would ask that everyone on this list consider stepping up to the plate to volunteer a few hours at the national rally this summer. It will enhance your rally experience, you will make new friends, and ultimately you will truly feel like you are part of the club.

How do you volunteer? Go to the list of committee chairs posted athttp://www.bmwmoa.org/rally/rally07/volunteer.htm

If you want to be on the early set-up crew, contact me directly.
    EMAIL SUE

Thanks everyone!
    Sue Rihn #43753
    BMW MOA Ambassador
    It's Billings in 2015! #BeTheAdventure
    Sometimes it's the bend in the road that makes life worth the ride.

Membership Required?

Hi Sue,

Looking forward to volunteering again this year! Quick question- Do you have to be a MOA member to volunteer? Just checking for others. Thanks.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by bobs98 View Post
    Do you have to be a MOA member to volunteer? Just checking for others.
    Great question, Bob!

The short answer is no, you do not have to be a member of the BMW MOA to volunteer.

A snippet of my past:

In 1987, I was dragged to a BMW Rally in Escanaba by a girlfriend who thought that I should play more and work less. Since I didn't ride a motorcycle [at the time] & didn't know a soul, I volunteered my services at First Aid. (I was an EMT in those days...)

And the rest, as they say, is history.

Sue Rihn #43753
    BMW MOA Ambassador

Thanks, Sue

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Looking forward to volunteering

Sue:

Howdy. I'm one of Bob's Chromehead friends. This is my first post on this site. I'm looking forward to volunteering along with Bob and other Chromeheads. Bob is coordinating this effort. I just wanted to introduce myself and let you know that I'm looking forward to the rally. Take care.
    Tim Hebert
    aka
    Green Mountain Crewzr
    '99 R1200C
    '73 R60/5 Toaster
    BMW MOA #124866, BMW MOV #1080

ABC,AMA(LIFE),MOA,RA,IBMW MANICMECHANIC's Avatar
    My, how the time does fly! All this talk of volunteering means it's time for some of you to consider a shift in the Beer Garten. For the past several years the Forum has had the Friday afternoon, 4pm-8pm shift, and we'll be doing the same time frame this year. So for those who would be willing, PM me, email, however you can. We're looking for about 20 folks with a lot of energy.

What can you expect to do? There will be a couple people selling tickets. There will be several people exchanging those tickets for beverages. There will be several people drawing from taps. There will also be several people keeping the various products stocked. Depending on traffic volume, you may expect to run your butts off. It will be a fun time, however, and a chance to meet up with other names from this Forum, and get to know them for who they really are, just normal everyday people like the rest of you.

Drop me a line with your real name, so proper credit can be given to all you fine folks.
    F.O.G.Rider, Rounder #6,
    Ambassador, Biergarten co-chair
    BMWRA Wisconsin Region Rep, camping chair

Bikes, Guitars, and ... beemokat's Avatar

I'm in

Quote Originally Posted by manicmechanic View Post
    My, how the time does fly! All this talk of volunteering means it's time for some of you to consider a shift in the Beer Garten. For the past several years the Forum has had the Friday afternoon, 4pm-8pm shift, and we'll be doing the same time frame this year. So for those who would be willing, PM me, email, however you can. We're looking for about 20 folks with a lot of energy.

What can you expect to do? There will be a couple people selling tickets. There will be several people exchanging those tickets for beverages. There will be several people drawing from taps. There will also be several people keeping the various products stocked. Depending on traffic volume, you may expect to run your butts off. It will be a fun time, however, and a chance to meet up with other names from this Forum, and get to know them for who they really are, just normal everyday people like the rest of you.

Drop me a line with your real name, so proper credit can be given to all you fine folks.
    Dave Kaftan, at your service.
    Wherever you go, there you are.

Quote Originally Posted by tpr3cats3 View Post
    Sue:

Howdy. I'm one of Bob's Chromehead friends. This is my first post on this site. I'm looking forward to volunteering along with Bob and other Chromeheads. Bob is coordinating this effort. I just wanted to introduce myself and let you know that I'm looking forward to the rally. Take care.
    Excellent! Thanks for offering to help at the rally, and WELCOME to the forum. We're (uh...) an eclectic bunch.

Sue Rihn #43753
    BMW MOA Ambassador

Once there was a Tavern PAULBACH's Avatar
    Ballston Spa, NY; South of the Adirondacks, North of the Catskills and West of The Berkshires and Green Mountains
    I'll be there with Camp Gears. If you have a chance drop by and say hello to the future.

I'm volunteering to work rally registration from 8-12 on Thursday, so I hope to see some of you, then!

Airhead GS convert...
    I'll be there doing a seminar on riding with children.

I'm still trying to decide what to volunteer for, but rest assured I I'll be lending a hand. I may just not decide ahead of time and make myself available to whatever effort needs help on short notice or finds itself in a last-minute crunch for hands.
    2012 R1200GS

"If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad

PM sent.

I sent a PM to manicmechanic, but I'll do the beer garden on Friday, since I won't be arriving until Thursday. 4 to 8 is certainly doable.

He's got my personal info.

Brad D.
    -----------------------------------------
    Brad D. - Member #105766
    '77 R100RS - Black Beauty (big pipe, baby!)
    '94 R1100RS - Sylvia

HODAG
    the electronics charging station is also looking for volunteers, its an easy gig in air conditioned comfort...
    lots of relaxing in comfort as you interact with fellow members

ride_on
    Hi Sue,

I sent you an email awhile ago about volunteering for early setup and didn't hear anything back, so I'm concerned you didn't get it. Are you responding to the volunteers yet?

Thanks.