Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Peter Egan

I followed up on Hodag's suggestion and called our mutual friend and dealer, Art Mischler. Art said he will pass along my message.

Let's all keep our fingers crossed!
    Sue Rihn #43753
    BMW MOA Ambassador
    It's Billings in 2015! #BeTheAdventure
    Sometimes it's the bend in the road that makes life worth the ride.

HODAG
    Sue,
    did Gene Simmons or Paul Stanley call back yet?

Registered User ALIENHITCHHIKER's Avatar
    PETER! PETER! PETER! PETER! PETER! PETER! PETER! PETER! PETER! PETER!
    Steve
    Current Hottie: '00 R1100RT
    Old Flames: FY K100RT, '80 XS850 with Vetter Quicksilver, '67 Bonnie, '66 Honda 90

RandallIsland
    Quote Originally Posted by SIBUD View Post
    +1... since a lot of us are in our 50's and 60's he would appeal to a large part of the rally folks.
    HA! Even us who're twenty years younger grew up on Egan. Hell, I wasn't even twelve when I got my first Cycle World and said to myself, 'Randall, you can write like this guy someday too ... if only you could get a few vehicles together and grow up real quick.'
    Hero is too short a word.

dlearl476
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodag View Post
    Sue,
    did Gene Simmons or Paul Stanley call back yet?

Hey, Peter plays a bit. Maybe we could tell him Gene said it was cool for him to sit in. He'd show up for sure.

Sue would have to 'splain the "mix-up" to Peter, though.

Outstanding idea! Unlike some readers who read him first, Leanings is always the last thing I get to. Savin' the best for last.
    08 R1200GS aka Stormy.
    1989 Honda GB500 aka Ton Up.

I hate deer and love venison

The Reply from Peter Egan

Hey Everyone:

I just got off the phone with Peter Egan. (Yes, he IS as nice a guy as you would imagine.)

He said he frequently has to travel for Road & Track and Cycle World during the summer months. (That old "contract" thing...) He could not commit to attending the national BMW rally at this time.

He added that if he is home during this time period, he would greatly enjoy coming to the rally.

Rest Assured, if he does come to the rally and is willing to do a seminar, we'll make the magic happen.
    Sue Rihn #43753
    BMW MOA Ambassador
    It's Billings in 2015! #BeTheAdventure
    Sometimes it's the bend in the road that makes life worth the ride.

bowhunter
    Thanx Sue!

Tnx Sue and let's hope something works out.
    I used to post here, but now I don't.

HONDARIDER
    Peter Egan is the most prolific writer in the world when it comes to the topic of "new bike justification"...the pursuit of the perfect bike selection within one's garage is the only pursuit worthwhile...this guy speaks my language...I'd almost be afraid to meet him...I'd hate to be disappointed...what if he's got one of those weak, dead fish handshakes...I hate that

ABC,AMA(LIFE),MOA,RA,IBMW MANICMECHANIC's Avatar
    He is a very nice man with whom to talk, and he has a firm, not overpowering handshake. At least he did in Chicago two years ago.
    F.O.G.Rider, Rounder #6,
    Ambassador, Biergarten co-chair
    BMWRA Wisconsin Region Rep, camping chair

Egan

His column in this month's Cycle World is another keeper. He writes about getting his pilot's license re - instated, then goes on to compare the experience of flying to that of riding, and then segues into how participation in higher risk activities affects his interaction with other people who do not participate. Brilliant.

I've always thought of flying as being a cerebral activity and of riding as a visceral one, and he just nails that aspect of it.

If he does decide to attend, I may be forced to do a 2 and a half day pound over flat prairies to be able to meet him.

Rinty

Quote Originally Posted by rinty View Post
    If he does decide to attend, I may be forced to do a 2 and a half day pound over flat prairies to be able to meet him.

Rinty
    I might have to accompany you on that run.
    Ed Miller, Calgary, AB
    2008 K1200GT, 2009 F800GS
    I can't wait to retire and have a fixed income. The one I have now is always broke.

Could we (Someone in the office or the Board) contact Cycle World about coming and doing a piece on the 2007 Rally? It has a motorcycle historical value. It would be a way for MOA to have a piece show in a mainline magazine that could attract interest in our organization. And they could send Egan to cover it.
    Pass the mustard and UP THE REVOLUTION!

St. Paul Pioneer Press , Minneapolis Star Tribune

HODAG
    Quote Originally Posted by M1ka View Post
    Could we (Someone in the office or the Board) contact Cycle World about coming and doing a piece on the 2007 Rally? It has a motorcycle historical value. It would be a way for MOA to have a piece show in a mainline magazine that could attract interest in our organization. And they could send Egan to cover it.

I had the same thought....