Thread: Time out???

Time out???

Could the timeout period on a login be expanded please? I just tried to post a ride report and took all of maybe ten minutes to type it but when I hit "submit thread" I was told I was not logged in (I was when I started typing...!) and once logged in again my report was lost. Damned annoying...

found a solution- not such a big problem now.

I just bumped timeout up to one hour. Sorry for the problem.

I had done this before, but somehow it go undone.
    "No one wants advice -- only corroboration." -John Steinbeck

Like San Jose BMW Motorcycles on Facebook.

1flyer
    Write your long ride reports or long post topics in Word. Run spell-check and then copy into the "Post Reply" box. Won't that work?

jerryb
    Quote Originally Posted by 1flyer
    Write your long ride reports or long post topics in Word. Run spell-check and then copy into the "Post Reply" box. Won't that work?
    I used MS Word exclusively for years then I found out why there is "Notepad". I had the urge to smack my forehead in one of those "Now I get it" moments.
    For recording, storing and cut/pasting text Notepad is so much quicker and simpler to use than Word. It's like fun to use compared to the cumbersome MS Word, because of that you will use it a lot more to retrieve interesting stuff. And any text you cut/copy from (or to) Notepad will come out with less "glitches" than from MS Word, especially if you cut/paste to email.

jerryb