Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The Big GIG: NYC Motorcycle Show

Once there was a Tavern PAULBACH's Avatar
    Ballston Spa, NY; South of the Adirondacks, North of the Catskills and West of The Berkshires and Green Mountains

More Gemuthlichkeit in Gotham 12/31

Marketplace for the World
    The Javits Center

If you can make it in New York, you can make it anyplace so the song says. For example:

Source: The Javits Center

New York National Boat Show
    With its 101-year long history the show is recognized as THE place to see the latest and greatest in boating. From yachts and cruisers to bass and pontoon boats, from canoes and kayaks to fishing boats and personal watercraft, from electronics and engines to fishing gear, from financing and insurance to travel destinations, you'll see it here first.

The New York Luxury Show is co-located with Adventures in Travel Expo, the largest, most successful adventure travel expo in the world, with over 500 exhibiting companies! At the inaugural event this past January, Adventures in Travel Expo was visited by over 3,500 industry representatives, more than 450 media representatives and over 22,000 consumers. This year, The New York Luxury Show joins the Adventures in Travel Expo as two of the industry's most heavily promoted events. January 13th.

And The New York Motorcycle Show

Nothing is free in the Javits Center but before the year is over whatever it is you have bought or desire has passed through this building as a prototype of a model. Ask some of the vendors for Javits stories ÔÇô everyone has a tale.

For vendor rules check this link ÔÇô You cannot unload or load your own trucks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Paul Bachorz - F Twins Moderator
    RA Rallymeister - Pownal, Vermont
    Click here.

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    Okay, I have to ask... why do you have a picture of AES 2006?

-=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

Ballston Spa, NY; South of the Adirondacks, North of the Catskills and West of The Berkshires and Green Mountains

More Gemuthlichkeit in Gotham 01/02

17 Days and Counting

Circle Line Tours

Definitely the easiest way to see New York

From their website

ÔÇó Circle Line - 42nd Street Jacob Javits Center World Financial Battery Park
    ÔÇó Museum of Jewish Heritage Ellis Island Statue of Liberty Wall Street
    ÔÇó South Street Seaport Brooklyn Bridge Empire State Building Chrysler Building
    ÔÇó United Nations Roosevelt Island Gracie Mansion Harlem Yankee Stadium
    ÔÇó Columbia University Palisades of New Jersey George Washington Bridge
    ÔÇó Grant's Tomb Soldiers' & Sailors' Monument Passenger Ship Terminal
     The Intrepid and more!

The Intrepid has moved to New Jersey for overall but the rest of the tour should be spectacular.

For sightseeing details and prices

Click here
    Click here.

More Gemuthlichkeit in Gotham 01/03

16 Days and Counting

Keeping an eye on the Big Apple

Take a visual tour of the City without leaving home. These are a few of the webcams for the city:

This is the link for Times Square
    http://www.earthcam.com/usa/newyork/timessquare/

Keep an eye on the UN Flags This is the link:
    http://www.un.org/webcam/index.html

Manhattan. Advanced Traveler Information System There are 45 cameras installed in key traffic points around Manhattan accessible from either the map or the list provided. Only Tessler knows each view by heart. He is the Metro Mai tre d'
    This is the link:
    http://nyctmc.org/xmanhattan.asp#

Enjoy

Times Square
    Last edited by PAULBACH; 01-03-2007 at 07:23 PM. Reason: try to make new software work
    Click here.

More Gemuthlichkeit in Gotham 01/04

15 Days and Counting

Two weeks from today and I will be packing up one of my presents from my wife - a Lowepro camera bag - the sling model 100 for the big GIG in Gotham.

If I had more time in the Big Apple one of the spots I would want to photograph would be the South Street Seaport

From the South Street Seaport Webpage:

A true sense of New York.

When they say “the City” they mean New York. And when they say “not-to-be-missed” they mean South Street Seaport. A thriving community complete with a world-class maritime museum, breathtaking views and more than 100 shops, cafes and restaurants. This renovated American landmark is right on Lower Manhattan's historic waterfront. And the shopping, dining and entertainment are front and center.
    Last edited by PAULBACH; 01-05-2007 at 12:33 PM.
    Click here.

The Big GIG needs a head count

That master Mai tre d' and guru of gastronomical greatness has selected a watering hole for dinner after the motorcycle show. It is El Quijote.

Two Reviews from the web

Hidden Treasure...
    I took my boyfriend here for our 4 year anniversary. He loves seafood. I worked down the block from this restaurant for 3 years and never noticed. After searching online I decided to try it. The food was fabulous. The stuffed food is great because they don't use canned crab meat, it's fresh crab meat. The service is prompt and polite. It's a tiny cozy atmosphere, not too nosey or busy. Some of the items on the menu can be pricey, for example, Coronas. Anyway, the food is great!

The Second Review

This is the kind of place to bring a large group and let everybody share. For Mother's Day a couple of years back, my husband and I brought my Mother and Father-in-law, my husbands brother, My parents and my grandmother. We got multiple plates of garlic shrimp, mushrooms in Garlic sauce, stuffed mushrooms, and antipasto plates for all to share. All our entrees came with salad, and some came with soup. Their garlic soup is very flavorful, but a touch on the oily side. There is something for everyone on this menu. My grandmother, who is 84 isn't very adventurous in eating so she stuck with Arroz con Pollo (Chicken and rice). I'm can't remember the exact price of her dish, but I know it was under $14. My mother-in-law always gets a double-cut veal chop and is never disappointed. It is huge, barely fitting on the big oval plate! She always takes half home. Other very popular dishes with our families are the baby lamb chops, and their seafood. But by far, what makes them stand out above other places is the 1 pound lobster tail. Yes, I said TAIL, not the whole lobster, JUST THE TAIL!!! Like the other person who reviewed this restaurant said, It is more like a lobster steak, than a tail. Be prepared that this tail may not be as tender as smaller lobster tails, but WOW, it is worth getting just for the visuals. You won't be disappointed in the taste, either. It costs $30 normally, but they charged extra on Mother's day.

Everything comes with side dishes, too. They offer fresh vegetables, like broccoli and green beans, crispy thinly-sliced potato chips and yellow rice. These are served family style, with large plates strategically placed around the table. If you have any room left, they offer a wide selection of desserts, including a rich and creamy tiramisu, and a light and airy pignolli nut cake. Our Mother's Day feast for Eight set us back around $300, without tip, but everybody enjoyed themselves and the portions were more than ample. Once you've tried this place, you'll be a repeat customer.

So Now We Need a head count. Either PM me or make a response here.

Thank You!
    Click here.

UUUUHHHHHH......YEAH.

I AM IN.

SNOONE
    Quote Originally Posted by PAULBACH View Post
    That master Mai tre d' and guru of gastronomical greatness has selected a watering hole for dinner after the motorcycle show. It is El Quijote.

Two Reviews from the web

Hidden Treasure...
    I took my boyfriend here for our 4 year anniversary. He loves seafood. I worked down the block from this restaurant for 3 years and never noticed. After searching online I decided to try it. The food was fabulous. The stuffed food is great because they don't use canned crab meat, it's fresh crab meat. The service is prompt and polite. It's a tiny cozy atmosphere, not too nosey or busy. Some of the items on the menu can be pricey, for example, Coronas. Anyway, the food is great!

The Second Review

This is the kind of place to bring a large group and let everybody share. For Mother's Day a couple of years back, my husband and I brought my Mother and Father-in-law, my husbands brother, My parents and my grandmother. We got multiple plates of garlic shrimp, mushrooms in Garlic sauce, stuffed mushrooms, and antipasto plates for all to share. All our entrees came with salad, and some came with soup. Their garlic soup is very flavorful, but a touch on the oily side. There is something for everyone on this menu. My grandmother, who is 84 isn't very adventurous in eating so she stuck with Arroz con Pollo (Chicken and rice). I'm can't remember the exact price of her dish, but I know it was under $14. My mother-in-law always gets a double-cut veal chop and is never disappointed. It is huge, barely fitting on the big oval plate! She always takes half home. Other very popular dishes with our families are the baby lamb chops, and their seafood. But by far, what makes them stand out above other places is the 1 pound lobster tail. Yes, I said TAIL, not the whole lobster, JUST THE TAIL!!! Like the other person who reviewed this restaurant said, It is more like a lobster steak, than a tail. Be prepared that this tail may not be as tender as smaller lobster tails, but WOW, it is worth getting just for the visuals. You won't be disappointed in the taste, either. It costs $30 normally, but they charged extra on Mother's day.

Everything comes with side dishes, too. They offer fresh vegetables, like broccoli and green beans, crispy thinly-sliced potato chips and yellow rice. These are served family style, with large plates strategically placed around the table. If you have any room left, they offer a wide selection of desserts, including a rich and creamy tiramisu, and a light and airy pignolli nut cake. Our Mother's Day feast for Eight set us back around $300, without tip, but everybody enjoyed themselves and the portions were more than ample. Once you've tried this place, you'll be a repeat customer.

So Now We Need a head count. Either PM me or make a response here.

Thank You!
    Paul, is that the place on 23rd street in the Chelsea Hotel or thereabouts.. If so Menu is attached http://www.menupages.com/restaurantd...taurantid=4055

Im in.

SNOONE

Not in yet

I just made plans to be in China on business leaving Monday.. I'm not sure when I'll be back at the moment but I will try and get back in time for the Big Gig.

A long way to go

That is a long way to go for take out. You will not find company in China like you will at the Big GIG.
    Click here.

SNOONE
    Quote Originally Posted by PAULBACH View Post
    That is a long way to go for take out. You will not find company in China like you will at the Big GIG.
    And the take outs not as good as NYC Chinese food. Been there done that and I'm not very enthused at the prospect of doing it again. But once again, there are those of us that have to support the tax structure so you retirees can enjoy your idle time.

More Gemuthlichkeit in Gotham 01/05

Two weeks to
    Go to the Big GIG

The Guggenheim

These is the museum that put together a show of motorcycles as modern art.

From the Guggenheim website.

The mission of the Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation is to promote the understanding and appreciation of art, architecture, and other manifestations of visual culture, primarily of the modern and contemporary periods, and to collect, conserve, and study the art of our time. The Foundation realizes this mission through exceptional exhibitions, education programs, research initiatives, and publications, and strives to engage and educate an increasingly diverse international audience through its unique network of museums and cultural partnerships.

At age sixty-six, the wealthy American industrialist Solomon R.Guggenheim begins to form a large collection of important modern paintings by artists such as Vasily Kandinsky, Paul Klee, and Marc Chagall. He is guided in this pursuit by a young German artist and theorist, Hilla Rebay (born Baroness Hilla Rebay von Ehrenwiesen). In July 1930, Rebay brings Guggenheim to Vasily Kandinsky's Dessau studio, and Guggenheim purchases several of the artistÔÇÖs paintings and works on paper; he will eventually acquire more than 150 works by Kandinsky.

Follow this link for a good time.

Anyone have any idea what all this gear is on the front wheel?
    Last edited by PAULBACH; 01-05-2007 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Add content
    Click here.

Quote Originally Posted by snoone View Post
    And the take outs not as good as NYC Chinese food. Been there done that and I'm not very enthused at the prospect of doing it again. But once again, there are those of us that have to support the tax structure so you retirees can enjoy your idle time.
    Best of luck on the trip, Snoone. Travel well and get back here safely. Hope we see you on the 19th.

If you love motorcycles ...

If you love motorcycles you have to check out this link.

The Art of the Motorcycle

Sheer Artistry!

Thanks to that masterful Mai tre d' of Gotham for passing the link along. Don't want to mention names but see Avatar below.
    Last edited by PAULBACH; 01-05-2007 at 03:00 PM. Reason: add content
    Click here.