Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Thanks Sue for the site tour

HODAG

Thanks Sue for the site tour

This is going to be a fun one.

this thread is useless without pictures.

I need visuals
    Tina Swider
    Sled Dog Touring Team
    Any bike I want that is in the garage

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    Yup, thanks Sue. Hodag, we is going to have some fun... I will bring the mustard!
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

Short memory Brad, he uses horseradish! That's why he is the leader of the Revolution.

Thanks Sue, I had a great time touring with you and all the others. I am waiting for my volunteer assignment.
    Pass the mustard and UP THE REVOLUTION!

St. Paul Pioneer Press , Minneapolis Star Tribune

Turnout

Considering the temps I think it was a good turnout for the Washington County Fair grounds tour. Unfortunately I couldn't attend the Board Meeting but there was nothing on the local Police Blotter so I assume all went well.

It was good seeing old friends even though it was only for a short time. I'm sure I'll have more time to visit the next time we all get together.

I trust everyone got home safely and is looking forward to next year.

Ride Safe,
    Papple

REBECCAV
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsKbasa
    I need visuals
    Well alrighty then!

I got up bright and early and went to West Bend on Saturday because although I have been past it dozens of times, I had never seen the fairgrounds. I saw the coolest thing before the tour even started: Hodags really do exist....

The rally chair Sue led the tour, accompanied by a woman from the fairgrounds whose name I have forgotten.

The grounds are nice - very well-groomed and neat. The buildings are all brand new. Our weather left a bit to be desired though. Cold and gray.

I don't think that anyone cared though.

It was good to see the grounds and I am really psyched to have the rally in WI next year. As you can see, I didn't take a ton of pictures of the grounds - maybe someone else has some. I am more interested in people. Like Hodag, and Hotspice:

Greg Feeler might have some better pictures of the grounds. He had a real camera with him.

In case you haven't heard, Helen Twowheels is making a limited number of her Super Pack Straps in pink and sales benefit breast cancer research. These straps would make great Christmas presents! And you know what... I can't find the link to the site where they are being sold. I thought that it was the Women's Motorcyclist Foundation but I need to confirm.

After the tour KBasa invited everyone to the Board of Directors meeting, but I chose to go to breakfast with some friends. The Sawmill restaurant is three exits south of the rally grounds on the west side of Hwy 45. Any local will know where it is.

It is a warm, cozy place and the food is really good. Make sure that whatever you get you upgrade to the homemade Cinnamon toast.

Everyone, meet M1ka:

After breakfast, I went to Holy Hill (great riding area) and bought some pie at the monastery cafe. Then I went to a movie (Borat - it was good), then headed back towards West Bend and decided to stop into our brand new Cabela's. It's a couple exits south of the rally grounds.

In addition to some great merchandise and lame-ass customer service (long, frustrating story) they have a display of stuffed animals.

I call it "The Gallery Of Things That You Don't Want On The Road In Front Of Your Motorcycle."

After that I went to catch the end of the board meeting and I really have a new appreciation for what they do. These folks are all volunteers and while I was out having breakfast with friends, finding pie, seeing a movie, shopping for pants, and looking at dead animals at Cabelas, they have spent all day (it's 7:30pm at this point) with MOA business (and they do this multiple times per year). Thank you all for your service.

I don't remember what the topic was at this point in the meeting, but I thought that it was kind of a funny picture.

ian408
    Thanks for the piccies BG!

Do you have any pictures of the pie?

Once there was a Tavern PAULBACH's Avatar
    Ballston Spa, NY; South of the Adirondacks, North of the Catskills and West of The Berkshires and Green Mountains

What happened to the ears?

Look carefully at the pictures. Has someone abandoned the ears and tail?
    Paul Bachorz - F Twins Moderator
    RA Rallymeister - Pownal, Vermont
    Click here.

REBECCAV
    Quote Originally Posted by ian408
    Do you have any pictures of the pie?
    Why, as a matter of fact I do! They were out of Apple so I got the 'Berry of the Woods' - Rhubarb, Apple and Blackberry.

Quote Originally Posted by boxergrrlie
    I call it "The Gallery Of Things That You Don't Want On The Road In Front Of Your Motorcycle."
    nice!

Everyone, meet M1ka:
    Well, I'll be... M1ka is that what you meant by "You should see from where I am sitting now."?

Thanks for the report Rebecca! Can't wait to visit the ole Badger State next summer.

ian408
    Why, as a matter of fact I do! They were out of Apple so I got the 'Berry of the Woods' - Rhubarb, Apple and Blackberry.
    Mmmm....pie

That sounds pretty darn good.

HODAG
    Quote Originally Posted by BradfordBenn
    Yup, thanks Sue. Hodag, we is going to have some fun... I will bring the mustard!

I'm putting $100 aside a month just for bail money.

[QUOTE=boxergrrlie]In addition to some great merchandise and lame-ass customer service (long, frustrating story) they have a display of stuffed animals.[QUOTE]

On my way home from Kentucky yesterday I saw a dead deer in the median of the highway. It's head had been neatly cut off, presumably by someone for a "trophy." I thought how odd it is that humans desire the heads of animals hung from their walls. If some other species hunted us, cut our heads off and hung them from their walls, would we not think the practice macabre?
    Marilyn Roberts
    K75, R1150R, R100 Mystic
    St. Louis
    Built for comfort, not for speed.

HELEN

Strap one on for the cure!

[QUOTE=boxergrrlie]

In case you haven't heard, Helen Twowheels is making a limited number of her Super Pack Straps in pink and sales benefit breast cancer research. These straps would make great Christmas presents! And you know what... I can't find the link to the site where they are being sold. I thought that it was the Women's Motorcyclist Foundation but I need to confirm.

They don't appear to have the straps on their website yet, so you'll have to email them directly for your straps... that will also encourage them to update their website!

http://www.womensmotorcyclistfoundation.org/

Helen, you look maaaaavvvvvalous!
    Marilyn Roberts
    K75, R1150R, R100 Mystic
    St. Louis
    Built for comfort, not for speed.