Thread: Spokane2004, What to expect?

Hardly Working

Spokane2004, What to expect?

Is there an aganda/schedule for the July 2004 Rally? Where can get this information?

Chris,

It is a little early for the event schedule to be released. This information usually comes out around late January / early February.

Normally the rally bulletin board is also not available until this time. Thanks to this forum we can chat about the rally year round, even before official information is released.

Are you looking for specifics or a general overview of what goes on?

Best,
    Rob Nye
    06 R1200GSADV 06 R1200RTP
    IBA 250 My Iron Butt Rally Blog
    Bristol, Rhode Island USA
    Proud to move oil

Hardly Working

2004 Rally

Originally posted by Rob Nye
    Chris,

It is a little early for the event schedule to be released. This information usually comes out around late January / early February.

Normally the rally bulletin board is also not available until this time. Thanks to this forum we can chat about the rally year round, even before official information is released.

Are you looking for specifics or a general overview of what goes on?

Best,
    I am looking for what generally goes on. The wife and I may want to go for a couple of days.

Chris,

Basically what you can expect is 6-8000 Beemer riders converging on Spokane with the goal of having a Real Good Time.

At the rally site there will be numerous vendors. What I like about the vendor area is that everyone who makes custom items is there, many of these businesses are built around our favorite mount, Helen 2 Wheels (bags and packing systems) comes to mind. Many of these specialty vendors do not have a retail store as they sell their wares at this and other local BMW rallies. The rally is great place to play touch and feel with items that only appear in advertisements as well as meet the folks who design and built the products, they are riders too. Another nice thing about the vendor area is that unlike a single retail outlet, you can walk around and compare items. For example if you are interested in a new flip front helmet you can plan on being able to try on just about every style available.

BMW brings a fleet of demo bikes and offers guided test rides (get there early to sign up) as well as their apparel truck.

In addition to the vendors there will be seminars every day on a wide variety of topics from maintenance, tires, camping, touring and much more.

There will be a judged bike show; field events and self guided tours. Being contained in a fairground, just spending a few hours wandering the site and checking out bikes can be a lot of fun and if you get hungry there are numerous vendors selling food and drink.

In the evening there is live entertainment in the beer garden.

There are enough local attractions along with great riding that the rally can be part of a great vacation for you and your wife. If she is not as enthusiastic about riding as you are she will not be miserable and if she is, heaven awaits.

Stay tuned to this forum and the website for details as they are released from the rally chair.

Rally web page

Best,

Rob Nye

Re: 2004 Rally

Originally posted by chris45
    I am looking for what generally goes on. The wife and I may want to go for a couple of days.
    There are a few websites from past rallies, with lots of information and pictures that you might also enjoy visiting:

The 2003 Rally in Charleston, West Virginia

The 2002 Rally in Trenton, Ontario, Canada

The 2001 Rally in Redmond Oregon

The 2000 Rally in Midland, Michigan

The 1999 Rally in Rhinebeck, NY
    Go soothingly through the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon.