Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ipod info???

Since people are mentioning remotes and all, here is my setup.

Griffin AirClick wireless remote velcroed to RAM mount stem.

Tupperware container from the grocery store that lives in my tank bag, with foam rubber in the bottom. Velcro straps to hold items in place. All audio goes into the MixIt2 amp, and from there via a single cord up to my helmet mounted Chatterbox intercom/2-way radio, which is connected to a stereo headset in the helmet.
    Eventual Master of the Obvious
    SE Mass - SOHC4 - DoD - BMWMOA - EMOTO #1
    ...proud walking jingle in the midnight sun...
    Free Smugmug Discount Coupon: mStnWv71mNkjo

USERNAME
    i am also a very happy airclick user.

And then there's me. I've got the iPod Shuffle, which is tiny. And it's only 2GB if I remember correctly. It will hold 240 songs and I've put 64 on it! I am picky. On the other hand, I use my iPod only when I'm at the fitness center or walking to Dairy Queen so the songs on it have to be "jaunty" to keep me moving.

I have no need for videos or photos on my iPod. All I want it for is some good listening while I exercise. And I also don't want the songs to play in the same order all the time; I want to be surprised what comes next, hence the Shuffle.

I bought a $10 clip to hook it to my workout pants. No scratches yet but I treat it with kid gloves.
    Marilyn Roberts
    F800R, R1150R, R100 Mystic
    Add about 1100 to my post count

Quote Originally Posted by Emoto
    Griffin AirClick wireless remote velcroed to RAM mount stem.
    I like that setup... especially the Mix-It2 Just got a iJet remote... looking forward to using it this weekend though I haven't figured out where to mount it yet.
    John A. Brown - Kalamazoo MI
    '09 K1300S 'Zoot' (Wicked, bad, naughty, evil, Zoot!)
    '94 K1100LT 'Desert' (the horse with no name)

Quote Originally Posted by wmubrown
    I like that setup... especially the Mix-It2 Just got a iJet remote... looking forward to using it this weekend though I haven't figured out where to mount it yet.
    Well, you could probably package them in a smaller space than I did. I'm only on version 1.0. I expect that over the winter or sometime next season, I will experiment a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mar
    And then there's me. I use my iPod only when I'm at the fitness center or walking to Dairy Queen
    I think that's kind of an oxymoron How's that working out for ya ?

Quote Originally Posted by Emoto
    Well, you could probably package them in a smaller space than I did. I'm only on version 1.0. I expect that over the winter or sometime next season, I will experiment a bit.
    Do you hear any noise when you operate your Airclick? I really like the iJet, having used it the first time yesterday, but found that I pick up it's signal through my Mix-It. The iJet uses RF so it can travel through walls, and has a rather strong signal (150 foot range) so maybe I'll have to live with it. It's not too loud at least, and is an audible confirmation I've hit a button on the remote.

ipod info

How many of you with ipods have quit using them or cut back usage because you're getting sick of all the tunes? A few months ago, I heard a CBC (our national public radio service) reviewer say he was going to quit his XM or Sirius subscription because of that.

Rinty

Quote Originally Posted by wmubrown
    Do you hear any noise when you operate your Airclick? I really like the iJet, having used it the first time yesterday, but found that I pick up it's signal through my Mix-It. The iJet uses RF so it can travel through walls, and has a rather strong signal (150 foot range) so maybe I'll have to live with it. It's not too loud at least, and is an audible confirmation I've hit a button on the remote.
    No, there is no indication that I have hit a button. This led to me sending too many control inputs at first, until I learned to wait a moment for the iPod to react to the first time I pressed the button. I would think of a sound when a button is pushed as a helpful indicator.

Quote Originally Posted by rinty
    How many of you with ipods have quit using them or cut back usage because you're getting sick of all the tunes? A few months ago, I heard a CBC (our national public radio service) reviewer say he was going to quit his XM or Sirius subscription because of that.

Rinty
    Are you saying he was quitting because there was too much variety?

The huge selection is what I like the most about my iPod. About once a month or so, I buy a couple more CDs and rip those to add them to the iPod. I love having so much music at my fingertips.

The iPod interface allws you to play exactly what you want to hear. If you only want to hear part of your collection, or the work of a single artist, or a one genre, or one album, or even one song, you can do that. You can also make your own playlist that contains as much or as little as you want and play that.

ipod

Emoto:
    He wasn't complaining about there being a lack of variety, he just got tired of listening to what was there, (presumably in his favourite categories) and thought he could get enough variety on broadcast bands. I don't remember his introduction info, but I gathered he was a professional audiophile.
    I also saw a thread here a few days ago about someone wanting to download more music on their ipod because they were tired of their tunes.

Rinty
    Last edited by rinty; 10-07-2006 at 03:26 PM. Reason: delete word

Quote Originally Posted by rinty
    Emoto:
    He wasn't complaining about there being a lack of variety, he just got tired of listening to what was there, (presumably in his favourite categories) and thought he could get enough variety on broadcast bands. I don't remember his introduction info, but I gathered he was a professional audiophile.
    I also saw a thread here a few days ago about someone wanting to download more music on their ipod because they were tired of their tunes.

Rinty
    Oh, I see now.

This is why I have the 60GB unit. With thousands of songs on it and lots of room for more, mine can currently go 16.1 days of continuous play before repeating even a single song. That is a lot.

Moto-Camper

Thumbs up iPOD 60gig

I have had several iPODs, trading up as new ones come out. I currently have the 60 gig 5th generation video iPOD. I currently have 1500 songs, 300+ photos, and 5 DVD videos that I have loaded onto it.
    While riding down the highway, I listen to my songs. Went to Texas and back and never heard the same song twice, unless I wanted. Sound was great, and it helped relieve the boredom....
    I can show pictures to people I meet, either of home or from past trips. Makes a nice conversation starter...
    BUT, the high point for me, when camping, I can lay in my tent and watch Harry Potter, Pink Panther, or any other video I have loaded onto it. I also watch downloaded podcasts of motorcycles, computers, or whatever....
    And, I have several audio books loaded for when I don't want music just entertainment...
    So, like was mentioned, it is all in the eyes of the beholder. I have never had aproblem with jumping or skipping as I carry it in my pocket, not on the bike, so to speak. My pocket is waterproof so that is not an issue.
    I am completely satisfied with it and am waiting to see what's next....

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    I would go with the AirClick as well, the problem with the iJet from what I have read is in the receiver itself putting out the noise. I also did the MixIt. The thing to know with any technology, there is always the next one coming out. I have had a 20GB iPod no video for about 2 years now and am real happy with it. I have filled it once, but it then took me a long time to listen to all that stuff.

They all scratch easily. I have not had any problem with the hard drive.
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

Quote Originally Posted by BradfordBenn
    I would go with the AirClick as well, the problem with the iJet from what I have read is in the receiver itself putting out the noise. I also did the MixIt. The thing to know with any technology, there is always the next one coming out. I have had a 20GB iPod no video for about 2 years now and am real happy with it. I have filled it once, but it then took me a long time to listen to all that stuff.

They all scratch easily. I have not had any problem with the hard drive.
    I am currently playing with an iJet and a 5th gen iPod (video). The only noise I get is when pressing a button on the remote. Since it is an RF signal, the Mix-It is picking it up due to very close proximity to the iPod, and iJet remote. At first it bothered me, but as I'm using it I find it's an auditory verification that I've pressed a button on the remote - I am not looking down to press the remote, eyes always on the road, so I really don't mind it. The noise only occurs while the remote button is pressed, so it's very short lived.