Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 24 of 24

Thread: Schuberth factory Bluetooth helmet

  1. #16
    Loose Cannon flash412's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Northern Colorado
    Posts
    1,595
    Bluetooth helmet?
    Feh!
    I'm waiting for the heads up DVD screen on the face shield.

    Actually, if I am not paying attention to my riding, I stop riding.

    When it comes to drunk driving, the fatality rate for motorcycles mimics that of automobiles.

    The automobile accident rate due to inattention (cell phones, in-dash movies, fighting children in the back, etc.) rivals that of drunk driving.

    Is that really a statistic that motorcyclists should try to mimic?

    Not me. NFW.

    Your helmet. Your cell phone. Your life. Was it worth it? YMMV.

  2. #17
    Registered User Emoto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    954
    Quote Originally Posted by flash412
    Bluetooth helmet?
    Feh!
    I'm waiting for the heads up DVD screen on the face shield.

    Actually, if I am not paying attention to my riding, I stop riding.

    When it comes to drunk driving, the fatality rate for motorcycles mimics that of automobiles.

    The automobile accident rate due to inattention (cell phones, in-dash movies, fighting children in the back, etc.) rivals that of drunk driving.

    Is that really a statistic that motorcyclists should try to mimic?

    Not me. NFW.

    Your helmet. Your cell phone. Your life. Was it worth it? YMMV.
    Bluetooth is not just for phones. Piping in the sound of a radar detector or GPS turn-by-turn directions seems like a good idea, no?
    Eventual Master of the Obvious
    SE Mass - SOHC4 - DoD - BMWMOA - EMOTO #1
    ...proud walking jingle in the midnight sun...
    Free Smugmug Discount Coupon: mStnWv71mNkjo

  3. #18
    K Bikes Complex by Choice cjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Urbana, IL
    Posts
    3,701
    Quote Originally Posted by wmubrown
    If you do a search at BUY.COM you can find BT transmitters, receivers, kits with both... I have a pair of BT stereo heaphones. They are OK. BT is not going to be the helmet revolution everyone seems to think it will be. Battery life will never be long enough, it means mounting extra stuff to the helmet itself (sync and volume control buttons) and possibly burying batteries in the liner, transmission distance is only 30' at best (forget bike to bike with it), if you are using in the ear speakers you will still have to deal with a wire to the BT box, etc. It will be helpful, I think, but not trouble free. And any decent BT in-helmet solution should have the ability to plug it into the bike to recharge it - even while riding, for those LD type riders. That will mean you are tethered again, but charging shouldn't take that long (one tank ought to fully charge it).
    Viki and I were thinking of the Motorola BT to use bike to bike by just riding up a bit closer...that would be about one and a half car lengths for a brief comment. And, we are interested only in voice quality, not music, etc. So for us, a comfortable install of a BT helmet setup would work I think. Most of the time, there would be no voice to voice, so no battery drain. The Motorola has a switch to make that active or turn it off.
    BMWMotorcycles, fun when they're running...
    My other bike is a BMW.
    Jack Hawley MOA and RA #224, KE9UW ("Chuck")

  4. #19
    I Used to Be Someone sheridesabeemer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Live Free & Ride, NH
    Posts
    3,859

    Question

    I'm not very knowledgable about what Bluetooth enables me to do, I have the impression that it will allow wireless communication with my passenger. As I look at the Nolan site, it seems I'd have to be wired to my music device. Is it just the driver/passenger communication that is wireless?

    Here is what I want:
    1. I listen to my own music device
    2. My passenger listens to her own music device
    3. We can talk to each other.
    4. In helmet speakers so the music is modest to good quality.

    I don't want to answer my phone nor do I want to listen to Garmin (and I don't run a radar detector).

    Is there a way to be all wireless?
    I looked at the Nolan product because it looks like the helmet is integrated with the kits. But should I look at stand alone products as well?
    Gail Hatch
    SheRidesABeemer's Blog
    05 R12GS
    87 K75CT

  5. #20
    Unfunded content provider tommcgee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Braintree, MA
    Posts
    3,067
    Quote Originally Posted by SheRidesABeemer View Post
    Is there a way to be all wireless?
    Not yet. The integration will take time to catch up.

    The Scala Rider Teamset is good for helmet to helmet, but there's no easy way to add music yet.

  6. #21
    '99 '03 '06 National Co-Rally Chair Friedle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    883

    Wireless

    The multiple voices I hear in my helmet while I am riding are already wirelessly crosswired, without any add-on devices.

    My wife will tell you they have kept me good company for years. Lousy counsel, but constant company.

    Friedle
    Ride fast safely

  7. #22
    Dances With Sheep GREGFEELER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    3,217
    Quote Originally Posted by Friedle View Post
    The multiple voices I hear in my helmet while I am riding are already wirelessly crosswired, without any add-on devices.

    My wife will tell you they have kept me good company for years. Lousy counsel, but constant company.

    Friedle
    Maybe you need one of those bumper stickers I've seen: "You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me!"
    Greg Feeler
    BMW MOA Director & Ambassador
    1972 R75/5, 1990 K75, 1990 K1, 1992 K75S, 2003 K1200RS

  8. #23
    Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    7,799
    Quote Originally Posted by SheRidesABeemer View Post
    I'm not very knowledgable about what Bluetooth enables me to do, I have the impression that it will allow wireless communication with my passenger. As I look at the Nolan site, it seems I'd have to be wired to my music device. Is it just the driver/passenger communication that is wireless?

    Here is what I want:
    1. I listen to my own music device
    2. My passenger listens to her own music device
    3. We can talk to each other.
    4. In helmet speakers so the music is modest to good quality.

    I don't want to answer my phone nor do I want to listen to Garmin (and I don't run a radar detector).

    Is there a way to be all wireless?
    I looked at the Nolan product because it looks like the helmet is integrated with the kits. But should I look at stand alone products as well?
    It is difficult to get this all done wirelessly - to be honest I have not seen one that will do this via wires. I can think how to do it with a cobbled together system but I am not sure if it is practical.

    I will say that I like having a separate (non-integrated) system as when I needed to replace the helmet I just moved over the com system.

    Maybe you and the Kiddo just need to agree on music
    -=Brad

    It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

  9. #24
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Oakville,On
    Posts
    14

    Bluetooth Scala Rider Teamset

    If anyone is interested in Bluetooth headsets.
    I just received the Scala Rider Teamset. Great product, but......
    It is now up for sale as it does not mount on the Schuberth C2.

    I was so excited about the product I never thought about the mounting.
    My loss your gain.
    John

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •