Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24

Thread: Schuberth factory Bluetooth helmet

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    17

    Schuberth factory Bluetooth helmet

    I finally received my S1 Bluesonic helmet from Germany. Everything works great and I am very happy w/ the helmet - w/ appx. 500 mi on it. It has hi-fi speakers, the mic and an LED for remote on/off. There are no buttons to push to answer etc. - it auto answers on the 3rd ring.

  2. #2
    Harrington
    Guest
    Do you have a link?

  3. #3

  4. #4
    RIDERR1150GSADV
    Guest

    Talking

    Don't wanna pry too much but how many $$$ to your door????

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    17
    The exact same helmet in the US retails for $700. I paid appx. $460. The "Bluesonic kit" was $367 and the shipping was $40. I also purchased the factory Pinlock shield, the Schuberth helmet bag and a breath guard. The bluesonic kit (installed at the Schuberth factory) does not include the "moto-station" which is basically an MP3 player and converts other non-bluetooth devices. That retails for another $450. I'm not sure I would use this plus helmet speakers are still a bit noisy on my GS no matter how quiet the helmet.

  6. #6
    Dances With Sheep GREGFEELER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    3,217

    Thumbs up Nolan to support Bluetooth

    Apparently, Bluetooth helments are going to be the Next Big Thing: Nolan has a version of the N102 coming with their N-Com system:
    http://ncom.nolan.it/Index_ENG.aspx

    I talked with the U.S. Nolan importer a month or so ago and he thought they would start seeing 102's which would accept the N-Com system sometime in October. He had no information on price or availablity of the N-Com system itself.
    Greg Feeler
    BMW MOA Director & Ambassador
    1972 R75/5, 1990 K75, 1990 K1, 1992 K75S, 2003 K1200RS

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4

    bluetooth questions...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jasper
    The exact same helmet in the US retails for $700. I paid appx. $460. The "Bluesonic kit" was $367 and the shipping was $40. I also purchased the factory Pinlock shield, the Schuberth helmet bag and a breath guard. The bluesonic kit (installed at the Schuberth factory) does not include the "moto-station" which is basically an MP3 player and converts other non-bluetooth devices. That retails for another $450. I'm not sure I would use this plus helmet speakers are still a bit noisy on my GS no matter how quiet the helmet.
    Where did you get the helmet. Tell me a little more about this helmet. I'm in the market for a new helmet. I want to get my XM from my garmin 2730 and directions and radar into the helmet. Whatever info you can help me with would be great. Thanks.

    Matt

  8. #8
    cdstarr
    Guest

    Schuberth factory Bluetooth helmet

    Just an FYI,

    I went with the Bluetooth kit for the Autocom system I have installed on my RT. The kit is from Nokia with a Autocom interconnect so you get Bluetooth plus the capability to hook in your GPS, Satellite, and anything else you can imagine.

    Plus, the Autocom will fit just about any helmet and auto mutes for incoming calls. The Autocom unit I have is the Super Pro AVI and it retails for about 450 with all the connections and the bluetooth unit is about 250 all up.

    Duane

  9. #9
    Harrington
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cdstarr
    Just an FYI,

    I went with the Bluetooth kit for the Autocom system I have installed on my RT. The kit is from Nokia with a Autocom interconnect so you get Bluetooth plus the capability to hook in your GPS, Satellite, and anything else you can imagine.

    Plus, the Autocom will fit just about any helmet and auto mutes for incoming calls. The Autocom unit I have is the Super Pro AVI and it retails for about 450 with all the connections and the bluetooth unit is about 250 all up.

    Duane
    You still have your helmet hardwired don't you? Isn't your bluetooth just between the cell phone and the Autocom unit?

  10. #10
    Mudbug
    Guest
    Nolan just accounced a Bluetooth helmet. http://ncom.nolan.it/Index_ENG.aspx

  11. #11
    Registered User Emoto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    900
    Dianese also has a bluetooth helmet.

    Since you guys seem to know a bit about bluetooth, here's a question for you: If I get one of the new fancy GPSs with bluetooth output of the turning directions, is there something I can use as a receiver for them that I could then connect to the amp that I use for blending all of my audio before sending it to my helmet?
    Eventual Master of the Obvious
    SE Mass - SOHC4 - DoD - BMWMOA - EMOTO #1
    ...proud walking jingle in the midnight sun...
    Free Smugmug Discount Coupon: mStnWv71mNkjo

  12. #12
    K Bikes Complex by Choice cjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Urbana, IL
    Posts
    3,673
    Quote Originally Posted by Emoto
    Dianese also has a bluetooth helmet.

    Since you guys seem to know a bit about bluetooth, here's a question for you: If I get one of the new fancy GPSs with bluetooth output of the turning directions, is there something I can use as a receiver for them that I could then connect to the amp that I use for blending all of my audio before sending it to my helmet?
    I wondered about that too. There are these Bluetooth receiver/transmitters that plug into a non Bluetooth phone...with a mini phone plug...I wonder what exactly the signal is that it passes thru the plug.
    My other bike is a BMW.
    Jack Hawley MOA and RA #224, KE9UW ("Chuck")

  13. #13
    Registered User Emoto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    900
    Quote Originally Posted by cjack
    I wondered about that too. There are these Bluetooth receiver/transmitters that plug into a non Bluetooth phone...with a mini phone plug...I wonder what exactly the signal is that it passes thru the plug.
    Ooh, there are? That soulds like just the ticket. After all, I am only considering passing voice prompts through it. Sounds like I should go searching for phone accessories, unless you already have a link?
    Eventual Master of the Obvious
    SE Mass - SOHC4 - DoD - BMWMOA - EMOTO #1
    ...proud walking jingle in the midnight sun...
    Free Smugmug Discount Coupon: mStnWv71mNkjo

  14. #14
    K Bikes Complex by Choice cjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Urbana, IL
    Posts
    3,673
    Quote Originally Posted by Emoto
    Ooh, there are? That soulds like just the ticket. After all, I am only considering passing voice prompts through it. Sounds like I should go searching for phone accessories, unless you already have a link?
    There are a couple of BT helmet headsets. One by Motorola and one by Cardo I think. If you do a search on them, and poke around, you will see those add on BT pieces.
    My other bike is a BMW.
    Jack Hawley MOA and RA #224, KE9UW ("Chuck")

  15. #15
    Chairman of the hoard wmubrown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Posts
    754
    Quote Originally Posted by Emoto
    Ooh, there are? That soulds like just the ticket. After all, I am only considering passing voice prompts through it. Sounds like I should go searching for phone accessories, unless you already have a link?
    If you do a search at BUY.COM you can find BT transmitters, receivers, kits with both... I have a pair of BT stereo heaphones. They are OK. BT is not going to be the helmet revolution everyone seems to think it will be. Battery life will never be long enough, it means mounting extra stuff to the helmet itself (sync and volume control buttons) and possibly burying batteries in the liner, transmission distance is only 30' at best (forget bike to bike with it), if you are using in the ear speakers you will still have to deal with a wire to the BT box, etc. It will be helpful, I think, but not trouble free. And any decent BT in-helmet solution should have the ability to plug it into the bike to recharge it - even while riding, for those LD type riders. That will mean you are tethered again, but charging shouldn't take that long (one tank ought to fully charge it).
    John A. Brown - Kalamazoo MI
    '09 K1300S 'Zoot' (Wicked, bad, naughty, evil, Zoot!)
    '96 K1100LTA 'Dusty'
    '94 K1100LT 'Desert' (the horse with no name)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •