Thread: Urgent Notice - Pirelli MT90 Scorpion S/T

25-MPH NEXT 1OO MILES PacWestGS's Avatar

Unhappy Urgent Notice - Pirelli MT90 Scorpion S/T

Going, going, gone...

If you are like me and liked these tires for your GS the time is near. Pirelli has decided to discontinue this model and there is no current replacement on the horizon.

I stopped by my dealer to order a new back tire (The POA Tour did it in) and they called me after I got home to tell me there are only seven tires (rears, I can only assume pairs) in the US. I have had two pairs of these already and have bought a third plus one extra rear so that leaves five rears and six fronts out in the world.

If you are fond of this 90/10 (Street/Dirt) tire order them soon or they will be gone.

Guess after this I'll go back to the Metzeler Tourance...

Doc
    Russ
    "If you took the time to really get to know me...you'd be wasting your time, because I'm exactly who you think I am"

(Life comes at you pretty fast "Pay it Forward" - Have no regrets when the end happens)

I've been happy with the Avon Distanzia's.

just sayin'

Take a look at the Anakees.

Sarah
    '05 DR650; '01 XT225

25-MPH NEXT 1OO MILES PacWestGS's Avatar

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by greer
    Take a look at the Anakees.

Sarah
    I've had them, they are no better than the others I've run and wear the fastest. I'd run them again but it will come down to price and availability.

The Tourances (OEM) went 18K-miles before needing replacement, nothing wrong with that.

I've got tires for the next two years so maybe something new will come along.
    Russ
    "If you took the time to really get to know me...you'd be wasting your time, because I'm exactly who you think I am"

(Life comes at you pretty fast "Pay it Forward" - Have no regrets when the end happens)