Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: 2007 International Rally Tours

Harley Davidson plant tour

Does Harley Davidson have buy and ride program? Will they have a special price for BMWMOA members during nationals?

JON

Hey now,

Great photos!

If there were some routes posted I would like to come out early and do some exploring.

I think it would be great if there was somewhere recommended for early camping. Perhaps the park in your photos?

Best,

Rob Nye

possible camping site

Rob,
    Check out Penninsula State Park in Door County (ride time about 3 hours from the WI Rally site) . Door County, WI is as close to New England in terms of harbors and coastline as you will get.

On your way North to Door County, you can stop at the Palmer Johnson Boat Building Company. Sometimes they will show what they are building for their customers.
    "What is beautiful is simple, and what is simple always works"....Kalashnikov, inventor of the AK-47.
    Currently bikeless, but looking hard! "Center yourself in the vertizontal. Ride a motorcycle...namaste' "

Quote Originally Posted by ultracyclist
    Rob,
    Check out Penninsula State Park in Door County (ride time about 3 hours from the WI Rally site) . Door County, WI is as close to New England in terms of harbors and coastline as you will get.

On your way North to Door County, you can stop at the Palmer Johnson Boat Building Company. Sometimes they will show what they are building for their customers.
    Thanks very much.

I think it would be great to have a place a little closer to the rally site for folks to hook up at for rides, campfires and fun for the few days of the week before the rally site opens.

Any thoughts on this?

HODAG
    Quote Originally Posted by robnye
    Thanks very much.

I think it would be great to have a place a little closer to the rally site for folks to hook up at for rides, campfires and fun for the few days of the week before the rally site opens.

Any thoughts on this?
    Horicon Ledge County Park

maybe 20 minutes from the rally site. I grew up going to this park, hiked about every inch of it. Its not very big but we don't have very many exposed fault lines in WI.

Also my mom has offered her backyard in rural Beaver Dam for bikers to camp.

I'm big on our County park system in WI. Lots of small out of the way camping spots. Give me a mileage range or general state area and I can do some checking for you.

camping

I agree that Door County would be a good day trip. Sturgeon Bay is about 2 hours from the rally site.

Hodag, I do not camp, but is there anything around the Green Lake or Cedar lake areas?
    "What is beautiful is simple, and what is simple always works"....Kalashnikov, inventor of the AK-47.
    Currently bikeless, but looking hard! "Center yourself in the vertizontal. Ride a motorcycle...namaste' "

Camping

Hey guys, check out Pike Lake State Park in Hartford, Mauthe lake S.P and Long Lake S. P. just north of Kewaskum, WI. Also there is Timber Trails, a private campground by West Bend, WI. (On Hwy D). There is a KOA just south of Fond du Lac and the Westward Ho by Eden, WI. There is a great butcher shop in Eden. See www.travelwisconsin.com
    2001 K1200LT "Zoot" RIP 10/14/2007
    2009 K1200LT "Angus"

Cartoon Bears never wear pants!!

HODAG
    Quote Originally Posted by 2beers
    There is a great butcher shop in Eden. See www.travelwisconsin.com
    excellant butcher shop. good mettwurst

HODAG
    Quote Originally Posted by ultracyclist
    I agree that Door County would be a good day trip. Sturgeon Bay is about 2 hours from the rally site.

Hodag, I do not camp, but is there anything around the Green Lake or Cedar lake areas?
    there was a neat park for swimming on green lake also a nice amish settlement close by

bowhunter
    I've camped at the southern Kettle Moraine,that was always kinda cool.

I had put a few of these together before finding this thread.
    Here are links to some of the locations listed above.
    Rally Stops

Rally Stops

Nice list, Doug! Great first post. thanks!
    Sue Rihn #43753
    BMW MOA Ambassador
    It's Billings in 2015! #BeTheAdventure
    Sometimes it's the bend in the road that makes life worth the ride.

Thanks Sue, I have been traveling to West Bend every week for the last couple years. (Business) So I have alot of this collected in files. (no where neer Beer Team's list.) Will anyone be putting an official list together. I hate to do to much if it will be repeated later.

Doug -

Over the course of the next few months, Vince Winkel will be assembling all kinds of information to put onto the web page. As a BMW MOA member, we would welcome your help on this project!
    Sue Rihn #43753
    BMW MOA Ambassador
    It's Billings in 2015! #BeTheAdventure
    Sometimes it's the bend in the road that makes life worth the ride.

Here is what I have from my visits. A column could be added for region too, north, south etc.
    Excel spread sheet. (Right click and save as) '07 Rally Spread sheet

Or the same thing as a web page. http://www.partydocks.com/07rally/type.htm

I would certainly be glad to help in any way.
    Last edited by DougC; 11-18-2006 at 02:41 PM.