Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: K12GT Baby

  1. #1
    Cheesehead 109180's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Cheyenne, WY
    Posts
    40

    Talking K12GT Baby

    Picked her up two weeks a go. The more I ride her the more I want to. RCU bar risers and the Lip make her just right. Crusing at 80 on the interstate I have the windshield about 1/3 up from bottom and helmet pressure is balanced. Before the Lip all the way up was almost right with no room for fine tuning. Also, as speed increased I found my self lowering the shield a touch. The Laminar Lip really works. This machine is the nicest thing I have ever owned. All though I'm usually riding her, later on in the evening I can sit in a lawn chair downing some brew and just behold her beauty. What lines!

    Stopped by the local accessory bike shop/hang out and the owner (rides a road glide) spilled out the door with all the other customers in tow. One guy quietly all most reverently stated that's not just a motorcycle, that's a machine. Wow!
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    Miserable Mark MarkF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    1,827

    Congrats on the new bike

    Sure looks sweet! I'd love one, myself. I think the negative reviews come from the crowd that thinks a great bike needs to excel in one catagory. What happened to a bike that does everything well? I've heard the K-GT compared to a Honda CBR1100XX with a shaft and factory luggage. I consider that a compliment. It wasn't too many years ago that the XX was top dog!

    MarkF

    MarkF

  3. #3
    Megalodon fish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Gold Country
    Posts
    795
    Blackbird: 136bhp at the rear wheel and 492.0 pounds. KRS/KGT doesn't match up.
    "No one wants advice -- only corroboration." -John Steinbeck

    Like San Jose BMW Motorcycles on Facebook.

  4. #4
    Miserable Mark MarkF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    1,827
    Originally posted by fish
    Blackbird: 136bhp at the rear wheel and 492.0 pounds. KRS/KGT doesn't match up.
    I stand corrected. Well they both have integrated brakes. Honda missed the boat with the XX. If they offered factory luggage it would have predated the other Japanese super-sport tourers.

    MarkF
    MarkF

  5. #5
    Focused kbasa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Marin By God County, California
    Posts
    11,639
    I rode a GT a couple weeks ago. It was nice, but I think I'm a twin guy.
    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

    Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.

  6. #6
    Miserable Mark MarkF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    1,827
    Originally posted by KBasa
    I rode a GT a couple weeks ago. It was nice, but I think I'm a twin guy.
    I like "TWINS" too!

    MarkF
    MarkF

  7. #7
    Registered User Blue Rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Louisville Ohio
    Posts
    3

    Thumbs up

    Congrates on the new K12GT. I picked mine up the end of July and I to can't get enough miles on her. You talked about the bar risers and the Lip? What is the Lip and where do find this accessory. For me the wind shield at the highest position gives me buffeting I can do without, so I'm interested in what you call the lip. As to the handbar risers , in the cold weather I'm afraid I'll get even more wind on the hands.

    Before I picked up my New K12 I had the dealer install the RS oval mirrors which fit perfectly on the GT and give even better visability for the disapearing bikes in the rear. They also look much better, at least for me.

    Just besure the bike is parked for the night before you enjoy to many brews....

  8. #8
    Megalodon fish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Gold Country
    Posts
    795
    Originally posted by KBasa
    I rode a GT a couple weeks ago. It was nice, but I think I'm a twin guy.
    yahbut, this is the K-bikes forum
    "No one wants advice -- only corroboration." -John Steinbeck

    Like San Jose BMW Motorcycles on Facebook.

  9. #9
    GSer JERRY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    45
    What happened to a bike that does everything well?

    they already have one;
    it's called a "GS".


  10. #10
    Cheesehead 109180's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Cheyenne, WY
    Posts
    40

    The Lip

    Originally posted by Blue Rider
    Congrates on the new K12GT. I picked mine up the end of July and I to can't get enough miles on her. You talked about the bar risers and the Lip? What is the Lip and where do find this accessory. For me the wind shield at the highest position gives me buffeting I can do without, so I'm interested in what you call the lip. As to the handbar risers , in the cold weather I'm afraid I'll get even more wind on the hands.

    Before I picked up my New K12 I had the dealer install the RS oval mirrors which fit perfectly on the GT and give even better visability for the disapearing bikes in the rear. They also look much better, at least for me.

    Just besure the bike is parked for the night before you enjoy to many brews....
    The LaminarLip.

    http://www.laminarlip.com/k12comfort02.jpg

    http://www.laminarlip.com/

  11. #11
    Cheesehead 109180's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Cheyenne, WY
    Posts
    40
    Originally posted by fish
    Blackbird: 136bhp at the rear wheel and 492.0 pounds. KRS/KGT doesn't match up.
    Computerized auto load sensing power assisted triple disc antilock brakes, technically superior anti-dive anti-pogo anti-maintenance silent shaft driven suspension, electrically adjustable windshield, computerized electronic cruise control with tap-up tap-down and resume features, height adjustable dual range heated seat, dual position rider foot pegs/controls, dual range heated hand grips, integrated quick detach lockable single key luggage, superior quality, superior fit and finish, best damned head light I've ever had, Sophistication all around, 3 year 36000 mile warranty, should I go on?

    How about this. Pull up to the gas pump on the busa or any other generic sport bike and the fine young lady next to you doesn't even look your way.

    Then pull up on the KGT or RS and the same girl states oh my, a BMW, and can't keep her eyes off it or you.

    It's not about top speed or top horsepower pard. It's about sophistication, quality, and a complete integrated package.

  12. #12
    Focused kbasa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Marin By God County, California
    Posts
    11,639
    Originally posted by Unyalli
    Then pull up on the KGT or RS and the same girl states oh my, a BMW, and can't keep her eyes off it or you.

    It's not about top speed or top horsepower pard. It's about sophistication, quality, and a complete integrated package.
    Sounds to me like it's about the booty.

    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

    Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.

  13. #13
    leave my monkey alone LORAZEPAM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    West Salem, OH
    Posts
    2,888
    I was under the impression that booty made the world go round. and that all the money in the world is spent on feeling good.
    Gale Smith
    2009 Versys
    1999 R1100RT

  14. #14
    07 R1200GS Rich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Killdeer, ND
    Posts
    1,145
    Unyalli, you have a beauty there, I know when I picked up my new R1150RT, there was a new GT sitting on the floor. And it is definitely an attention-getter. K or R, they all are beautiful to me. Enjoy the bike!

  15. #15
    Cheesehead 109180's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Cheyenne, WY
    Posts
    40

    Difficult Decision

    Originally posted by Rich
    K or R, they all are beautiful to me. Enjoy the bike!
    Thanks Rich
    After studying many models like the Triumph Trophy, Ducati?óÔé¼Ôäós ST?óÔé¼Ôäós, the Honda ST, Yamaha FJR, BMW RRS and others the final decision was between the RT and GT. Foothill?óÔé¼Ôäós BMW allowed a back to back test ride and the GT edged out the RT for me.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •