Thread: new grips

RAUB60

new grips

I would like to change the rubber hand grips to something more comfortable. Does any grip fit on my 05 LT?

andy45320
    Quote Originally Posted by raub60
    I would like to change the rubber hand grips to something more comfortable. Does any grip fit on my 05 LT?
    Never looked at aftermarket so can't help you there...if you are wanting something with larger diameter, try adding grip puppies or even tennis racket/bike handlebar tape...cheap and also prevents wear of originals. If you have heated grips and want to keep them that way, you will have to do surgery to remove them without messing them up 'lectrics.

grips

Equally inexpensive may be 'O' rings. I bought a bag of 64 of them for $15 in Denver at the IBA National Meet. They are very comfortable.
    peterb www.ppldma.com

'07 R1200 RT - LD ride w/ >145+K mi
    '00 1150GS w/ >165+K miles and more to come...

MooreDriven

Grips

I put some foam grips on my RT and love them. You can purchase them here.

http://grip-tek.com/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=39

K Bikes Complex by Choice cjack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by peterb
    Equally inexpensive may be 'O' rings. I bought a bag of 64 of them for $15 in Denver at the IBA National Meet. They are very comfortable.
    The o rings can be gotten from Excel Cycle Werkes (309) 244-7405. He is a machinist who makes a lot of stuff for the GS as well. Some of his stuff is featured in MCN this month on adding farkles to an R12GS.
    BMWMotorcycles, fun when they're running...
    My other bike is a BMW.
    Jack Hawley MOA and RA #224, KE9UW ("Chuck")

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by raub60
    I'm not sure this is what you're looking for but I installed these over my stock grips on my R11RT and have been happy with them. They do add thickness which may or may not be an issue for you. They also affect the heated handgrip operation in that it takes longer for the heat to be felt at my hands.

www.foamtubing.com

No affiliation, usual disclaimer. ymmv.