Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Wisconsin Tofu and bean sprouts......

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by The_Veg
    Those tofu bits really absorb the flavours in the chili while still retaining that good browned flavour.
    Exactly! Tofu picks up the flavor of whatever it's cooked with. Hence, crappy cooks make crappy tofu dishes. Stir-frying tofu in hot oil (ancient Malaysian/Chinese hot oil recipe: Pour cooking oil into bottom of wok or skillet. Heat. Toss in one or two red chili's and saute the chili till it turns black. Toss the chili, keep the oil.) with other fresh items and the stuff is great.

And tofu isn't a meat substitute -- it's actually (I know this is heresy in Wisconsin) a CHEESE substitute! It's totally lactose free. I also use it instead of yogurt to make tandoori chicken. (Another tough one -- take one packet of tandoori chicken spice mix, add to appropriate quantity of yogurt or soft tofu, mix, marinate chicken parts for an hour or more, then toss it on the barbeque.)

OK, today's ride WILL include a stop at the international food market!

JCABRANES
    Quote Originally Posted by drharveys
    And tofu isn't a meat substitute -- it's actually (I know this is heresy in Wisconsin) a CHEESE substitute!

BLASPHEMY!!!! HERETIC, YOUR WORDS FILL ME WITH A DESIRE TO BURN SOMETHING!!!! I think perhaps I'll grill a nice fat beef steak, with onions and mushrooms... and maybe some grilled corn on the cob or potato (loaded with sour cream, bacon and CHEESE!!!).

Enough with the food discussion, lets ride!!!

JCABRANES
    Quote Originally Posted by 2beers
    Enough with the food discussion, lets ride!!!
    I will just point out that almost every rider that I've met lives by some version of the credo "Eat, Ride, Sleep." We are just discussing the eat portion... ride portion = different thread.

callmethebreeze

Big Dog

Wasn't the world's largest brat cooked somewhere in Wisconsin today?

breeze

Memorial weekend Madison WI holds what is billed as the World's Biggest Brat Fest . I don't know about the largest brat being consumed today.
    Pass the mustard and UP THE REVOLUTION!

St. Paul Pioneer Press , Minneapolis Star Tribune