Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Wisconsin Tofu and bean sprouts......

Quote Originally Posted by tessler
    Sssshhh... we might not want to keep discussing this... we'll follow the midnight torches and follow RV's lead to the secret meeting (er, eating) places!
    I have a safe house just south of the border.....
    RatSnake
    Dennis Murphy
    Third Lake, IL
    2013 R1200GS BMWMOA, IBMWR, AMA Rounder #43

Beer Brats and cheese may be the flag mom and apple pie of WI, but as a kid in Madison we had food from around the world cross our plates. Stop the clandestine meetings and take it to the streets!

Up the revolution and pass the mustard (itÔÇÖs not just for brats anymore )
    Pass the mustard and UP THE REVOLUTION!

St. Paul Pioneer Press , Minneapolis Star Tribune

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Hotspice
    It's time for a coup!! I say we take over as vending chair and serve Boca Burgers, sauteed Tofu, and salads made of real lettuce instead of that iceburg junk.

Then we chair beverages and only serve baked, salt free chips as snacks to go with micro only beer.

Or not
    How about cardboard with peanut butter and flat, warm miller lite?

callmethebreeze

Tofu....good, even plain......!!!!

I use tofu when I run out of spline lube.
    I ate scrambled eggs with tofu at Nepenthe near Big Sur. I threw up....

Give me the real deal, Brats, beer and a wheel of cheese. Give the sprouts to the rabbits.

Breeze

Quote Originally Posted by Callmethebreeze
    I use tofu when I run out of spline lube.
    I ate scrambled eggs with tofu at Nepenthe near Big Sur. I threw up....

Give me the real deal, Brats, beer and a wheel of cheese. Give the sprouts to the rabbits.

Breeze

JCABRANES
    Quote Originally Posted by marK11LT
    If you need them, bring your own, I don't think its legal here, and be careful with dem sprouts a cop may think its dope
    Oh, C'mon we have tofu and sprouts here... we've just cleverly disguised them as cheese and sausage.

REBECCAV
    Quote Originally Posted by JCabranes
    Oh, C'mon we have tofu and sprouts here... we've just cleverly disguised them as cheese and sausage.
    Mmmm..... tofu sausage....... {insert gurgly noise in the back of throat ala Homer Simpson *here*}

Quote Originally Posted by boxergrrlie
    Mmmm..... tofu sausage....... {insert gurgly noise in the back of throat ala Homer Simpson *here*}
    Let's get Beans & Barley to truck in some vegetarian biscuits & gravy. Them carnivorous types will never eat the real thing again.

Quote Originally Posted by boxergrrlie
    I've had tofu sausage, and it's as bad as you might imagine.
    RatSnake
    Dennis Murphy
    Third Lake, IL
    2013 R1200GS BMWMOA, IBMWR, AMA Rounder #43

HODAG
    I drink vegan beer

I can *SO* imagine you doing that too!

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    2012 R1200GS

"If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad

K Bikes Complex by Choice cjack's Avatar
    I really like the tofu that is browned in a wok like the local carry out does it when I order the veggie dish. The tofu is in chunks like chicken and seems quite similar in texture, etc. Kind of weird, never had it like that anywhere but here.
    BMWMotorcycles, fun when they're running...
    My other bike is a BMW.
    Jack Hawley MOA and RA #224, KE9UW ("Chuck")

JCABRANES
    FYI, as a general rule I find that trying to pass off tofu as meat (tofu burgers, tofu sausage, tofu chicken) is disgusting . However, take some well seasoned tofu and fry it up (preferably in some type of animal fat) so that abit of a crust forms on the tofu and you have something that can be quite tasty. There is a chinese restaurant in town that does a passable job with tofu.

FYI, as a general rule I find that trying to pass off tofu as meat (tofu burgers, tofu sausage, tofu chicken) is disgusting . However, take some well seasoned tofu and fry it up (preferably in some type of animal fat) so that abit of a crust forms on the tofu and you have something that can be quite tasty. There is a chinese restaurant in town that does a passable job with tofu.
    If you like that kind of Chinese tofu, JC, I'd like to recommend Szechuan-style Mapo Tofu (sometimes spelled "dofu"). Based on red chili bean sauce and szchechuan peppercorns, it can be done with meat (usually minced pork) or without, and uses the real soft tofu. The stuff with the pork is out of this world...I consider it one of my all-time favorites (if we're with vegetarian friends, we'll share some of the meatless variety; and it's just as tasty).

If you're ever in a Chinese place (especially one that features real authentic Szechuan cooking) that has that on the menu, I highly recommend it.

I agree- my brother used to saute bits of tofu to use in Chili and you'd really be surprised how well that works, especially the next day and beyond. Those tofu bits really absorb the flavours in the chili while still retaining that good browned flavour.
    2012 R1200GS

"If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad