Thread: Throttle Lock for f 650

bruce

Throttle Lock for f 650

I was out on my sons F 650 yesterday for a lengthy ride and was annoyed with the throttle not having a lock/cruise device. Where do I find such a device. I was looking on the web yesterday and all I could find was Throttlemeister's for the later model F 650's, nothing was listed for 1999.
    Bruce

Once there was a Tavern PAULBACH's Avatar
    Ballston Spa, NY; South of the Adirondacks, North of the Catskills and West of The Berkshires and Green Mountains

Use the Search tool

Hi

If you use the Search tool and enter "throttle lock" all will be revealed.

You have many options from an O ring to a fancy electronic whizbang.

I use the simple wriist rest. Inexpensive, easy to install and can be adjusted on the move.

Take a look over at the Chain Gang website in thier FAQs. I found just getting a "Throttle Rocker" helps a lot!
    Chris

Once there was a Tavern PAULBACH's Avatar
    Ballston Spa, NY; South of the Adirondacks, North of the Catskills and West of The Berkshires and Green Mountains

Crampbusters are great

I checked my bike and I have the crampbusters.

They work very well.

bruce

Throttle Locks

Thanks all, I found what I was looking for at RL Motorcycles
    bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by flash412
    Throttle Rockers suck. They had to redesign them due to patent issues. The new ones use velcro and are useless.

If you liked the original TR, get the REAL DEAL from the folks who hold the patent, www.crampbuster.com.
    Hmmm, I had the velcro model and it worked quite well (lost it somewhere), BUT if the great and powerful Flash says it sucks it must so....
    Chris
    Last edited by threeflys; 08-15-2006 at 04:20 AM. Reason: mispelling

throttle miester

I have a Throttle Miester on my '99 and it works fine. Takes a little practice, but is nice to have on long stretches. I'd recommend you email them for the right model.

Quote Originally Posted by flash412
    Throttle Rockers suck. They had to redesign them due to patent issues. The new ones use velcro and are useless.

If you liked the original TR, get the REAL DEAL from the folks who hold the patent, www.crampbuster.com.

AGREED

The new ones just slide around- out of position. Then they just make good conversation...

Kutch

Flash forgot to tell me that the ThrottleRocker II was a POS so I bought one last spring.

I'd have to rate it as a semi-POS. It works but it tends to move after a while. On a 1K trip, I had to readjust it once. And I noticed recently that it needs another slight adjustment.

Next time, I'll get the original item.
    I like bananas 'cause they ain't got bones!

Quote Originally Posted by fauster
    Flash forgot to tell me that the ThrottleRocker II was a POS so I bought one last spring.

I'd have to rate it as a semi-POS. It works but it tends to move after a while. On a 1K trip, I had to readjust it once. And I noticed recently that it needs another slight adjustment.

Next time, I'll get the original item.
    I wonder if mine worked so well because I have foam grips? I did notice I had to really tighten the velcro down, but once I did it was fine.
    Chris

Had the velcro version and it sucked. Got a throttlemeister and never looked back. As bar end weights they look cool too.
    Cheers, Greg
    Greg ('02 F650 GS; '06 K1200GT); Lynda ('07 R1200RT, '04 Burgman 650)
    Norfolk, VA
    Our Pictures Web Site

Well to each their own I guess, I just bought a new velcro version today!
    Chris

I prefer the old style Throttle Rocker to the new one. The velcro version takes more work to get it adjusted right. I need two hands and all of my weight to pull the material super tight before I velcro it down. If I have gloves on or am sitting on the bike, it just doesn't seem to stay in the right position for very long. Even then 2 hours is about the max and for LD rides that's not good enough. For shorter trips it's fine. I guess I need to switch over to the cramp buster.