Thread: R1200clc

R1200clc

I am considering the purchase of a 2003 R1200CLC with 16,000 miles on the odometer. I have been riding Full Dress Harley's for the past 10 years, so I am not familiar with this model, other than BMW literature, etc. I am making my first trip to Alaska next Spring and am wondering if the CLC would be a suitable bike for the trip. Also, I am bidding on the CLC via Ebay and am wondering what would be a fair price. Thanks for any input.

Doubetc

R1200 Clc

I sold an Ultra Classic to buy a CLC.
    You're gonna love it.

Get yourself over to chromeheads.org. That should help you out with almost ANY question you might have. And, if you get the CLC, welcome! I have an '04. Great bike!

Cheryl

Alaska:)

Dirt bikes, like the GS's are the best BMW for such, BUT any great bike like your new CLC can do it in fine fashion. I've seen everything on that road to Alaska, including the nicest Gold Wings, Harleys and all else dressed in chrome. Be prepared, however, that the roads are not always perfect and a "messy bike" will be the norm going way north. Stay away from trucks and larger vehicles throwing stones.....Happy Trails, Randy

Smile

I lve my 04 CLC but would probably pick a GS or similar mc for travel in Alaska. Weight and ease of changing tires are just two of the many factors to consider. Many different bikes have made it to Alaska and back with rider experience being the difference between a fondly or badly remembered trip. Ride Safe