Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Huge major complaint!!!!

Once there was a Tavern PAULBACH's Avatar
    Ballston Spa, NY; South of the Adirondacks, North of the Catskills and West of The Berkshires and Green Mountains

Seen on the web

Seen on the web:
    Attached Images Attached Images

SNOONE
    Quote Originally Posted by Emoto
    That's right! I AM COMPLAINING!!!

About what, you ask? Well... um... not about anything in particular. I mean, I had a great time at the rally, met a lot of cool people, loved the bands.

No, I just want to complain in general. Seems to be the thing to do around here.

Bob
    I am with you.. I think I want to complain about the outstanding day of riding I had today along the Delaware River. It was beautiful. No I mean it sucked. I think I'm going to resign my ride. Bowling seems like a nice alternative

SNOONE
    Quote Originally Posted by Statdawg
    Hey what color GS ? I waved to two of them today along the Delaware river, Stroudsburg and north to Port Jervis. I was on a GS Adv silver 02. Nice day for bowling !
    Mandarin with motolights.. I started in port jervis and went north to Deposit, then back to Roscoe and then for some fishin at the Neversink Gorge

SNOONE
    Quote Originally Posted by Statdawg
    I was south. However,I like that north of Port Jervis area. Callicoon is a breakfast stop about three times a year. The town is about 1.5-2 hour drive from home. Nice roads in Wayne County, Pa.. We have to complain on this thread.
    Next trip to callicoon or the delaware area give me a shout. I probably won't come. I think there's tons of traffic and gravel roads.. I hate that

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    I will say that the whole process of a rally and the comments being posted has made me a little curious, are there just more of us on the forum, are we all crankier, or is it something else...

In terms of constructive critiscm, my favorite comment is one that Tom Clancy made

"No change ever came from someone satisfied with the status quo"

However to poke without offering solutions makes it difficult to know what to improve.

PS Don't yell at me, I am on vacation....
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

The voice of the disenchanted will be heard loud and clear. Those who had a good time and chose not to post (possibly over 9000) will not be heard.

The rally was great and the people terrific. We, my wife and I, like to volunteer at rallies. If you cannot give back, 2 shifts of 3 hours, how can you truly have fun at a rally.

To those who whine about this and that - TOUGH COOKIES! Let me complain about your Rally.

Just think that half a world away people were bombing each other while we were having fun.
    2008 R12RT (Blue)
    1986 R80RT (Silver)

Member of the Loonie-Tics. MOA 292.

Quote Originally Posted by snoone
    I am with you.. I think I want to complain about the outstanding day of riding I had today along the Delaware River. It was beautiful. No I mean it sucked. I think I'm going to resign my ride. Bowling seems like a nice alternative

rspink
    I guess the complainers in this club could be known as Bee MOAners!

Once there was a Tavern PAULBACH's Avatar
    Ballston Spa, NY; South of the Adirondacks, North of the Catskills and West of The Berkshires and Green Mountains

Do the math

R80RTJohnny sums it up.

Do the math

9200 rally participants plus or minus a few

BMWers about 20 - TOPS

20/9200 = .002174

I think that reads 2 tenths of one percent.

Get out and ride now because Time Is Growing Short

Would love to see something like that for the next rally.

IRONMAN
    Let me first say that this was my first MOA rally and I was impressed by what the army of volunteers accomplished and would like to thank them for making this happen for the rest of us. As for all of the complaining I think I have a solution:

If you did not like something or think something could be better then volunteer!!!

There is no one size fits all rally. I have never found an all purpose thing that did anything well. So here are a couple of suggestions:

Crappy Tee Shirt Guys, Why donÔÇÖt you design the shirt for 2007? If you donÔÇÖt have the artistic ability then find someone who does. You could hold a MOA Tee Shirt design contest. The winning artist will have the honor of their name adorning 10,000 rally shirts, How cool would that be?

Early camping at the rally site guys, You have a valid point but I donÔÇÖt think you have considered the logistics. Early camping for members that registered in advance is possible early camping for unregistered members would require more volunteers. Maybe the site could be opened at noon on Wednesday for early camping. I am sure the rally committee will welcome you with open arms.

The same goes for the rest of the complaints. As for me I would rather spend my time looking at maps and drooling over the possibilities.

PS My first stop at the 2007 rally will be the volunteer tent.

Another BMWMOAner Makes a Stink

While camping at Lake Carmi I was at one point chased from my campsite by a skunk. This skunk was not wearing a wristband and I am sure its presence was completely unauthorized, although the little guy sort of looked like a vintage BMW (you know, black with white coach lining). In any case, no mention of a skunk was made in BMW ON or in any of the pre-rally literature. I am holding the BMWMOA solely responsible for this outrage.