Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 26

Thread: Huge major complaint!!!!

  1. #1
    Registered User Emoto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    954

    Huge major complaint!!!!

    That's right! I AM COMPLAINING!!!

    About what, you ask? Well... um... not about anything in particular. I mean, I had a great time at the rally, met a lot of cool people, loved the bands.

    No, I just want to complain in general. Seems to be the thing to do around here.

    Bob
    Eventual Master of the Obvious
    SE Mass - SOHC4 - DoD - BMWMOA - EMOTO #1
    ...proud walking jingle in the midnight sun...
    Free Smugmug Discount Coupon: mStnWv71mNkjo

  2. #2
    RK Ryder
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    2,044

    Be Happy

    For the past year, I have thoroughly enjoyed the MOA magazine and the forum. I could not have been happier at the rally, my first national (or should it be call International Rally. OK, my winning a bike would have been sweet.

    However, I have become disenchanted with a portion of the membership that have since taken to complain about the rally, the lay me down GS motoryclist, the volunteers, the vendors and whatever else annoyed them.

    The organizers, volunteers, the seminar presenters and vendors as well as the local Burlingtonites did an excellent job of accommodating us. The weekend was a bargain and lots of fun, as well as educational. I appreciated what everyone did to make it a successful event. I know that many hours, unpaid hours of planning and work went into making the weekend successful. I wish everyone would "enjoy the moment" rather than dwell on their peeves. There is always room for constructive criticism, but the vindictiveness that has surfaced is not deserved by the people who worked hard and did their best to have this event succeed.

    I would like to thank everyone involved in making the Burlington weekend a reality. I think that more postive rally comments would ensure that this annual event continues.
    Paul
    Retired and riding my RTs, the '87 K100 & the '98 R1100 !
    Treasurer of the Forest City Motorrad Club #159
    Knights of the Roundel #333

  3. #3
    Once there was a Tavern PAULBACH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Ballston Spa, NY; South of the Adirondacks, North of the Catskills and West of The Berkshires and Green Mountains
    Posts
    6,822

    Just wait until winter

    Just wait until these folks have nothing to complain about. Right now they are happy because they can complain. Later in the year, especially when snow covers their rides right up to their top case, there will be little to complan about.

    Then they will start to complain because there is nothing to BMW about.

    Bitch
    Moan
    Whine

  4. #4
    ** newbie ** griffin738's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Arlington, VA
    Posts
    136

    a good rant

    Nice! I also love a good rant. . . . but I've got nothing to complain about. It was my first rally and I loved it. I completely appreciate all the fine efforts on the part of MOA personnel, volunteers, vendors, Vermonters and fellow attendees. I'm looking forward to next year (when maybe I'll park my bike upside down )

    Paul

    LINK: '07 Cross Country Tour!
    LINK: Support the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute

    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind

  5. #5
    Dances With Sheep GREGFEELER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    3,217
    Quote Originally Posted by 119204
    For the past year, I have thoroughly enjoyed the MOA magazine and the forum. I could not have been happier at the rally, my first national (or should it be call International Rally. OK, my winning a bike would have been sweet.

    However, I have become disenchanted with a portion of the membership that have since taken to complain about the rally, the lay me down GS motoryclist, the volunteers, the vendors and whatever else annoyed them.

    The organizers, volunteers, the seminar presenters and vendors as well as the local Burlingtonites did an excellent job of accommodating us. The weekend was a bargain and lots of fun, as well as educational. I appreciated what everyone did to make it a successful event. I know that many hours, unpaid hours of planning and work went into making the weekend successful. I wish everyone would "enjoy the moment" rather than dwell on their peeves. There is always room for constructive criticism, but the vindictiveness that has surfaced is not deserved by the people who worked hard and did their best to have this event succeed.

    I would like to thank everyone involved in making the Burlington weekend a reality. I think that more postive rally comments would ensure that this annual event continues.

    You make several good points. Something *everyone* should remember is that these events (both the 'MOA International and virtually every local BMW rally) are all put on by volunteers. These folks take many, many hours our of their lives and riding time so others have some place to go and something to do when they get there. The only pay they get is one someone says, "Thanks!".

    There is always room - and ears - for truely constructive criticism, but too much of the feed back becomes just complaining for it's own sake. Great waste of bandwidth IMHO. If you think something can be done better - and it likely can - then volunteer and be part of the solution, but also don't be shy about saying thanks - that is almost always deserved as well.
    Greg Feeler
    BMW MOA Director & Ambassador
    1972 R75/5, 1990 K75, 1990 K1, 1992 K75S, 2003 K1200RS

  6. #6
    Still Wondering mika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Fly Over Land
    Posts
    10,531
    Now you have gone and done it Mr. Feeler!

    How is a guy like me suppose to learn anything from complaints and rants about when to duck as a volunteer if people like Rob, Sue, Vince, the Head Sausage, and you keep responding in timely and thoughtful ways that show you are listening and taking feedback to heart? One only needs to turn on the television or look at any newspaper to see this type of behavior is aberrant and dysfunctional when compared to any other organization, company or government they report on. When will we have the freedom to rant on this forum without the distracting intrusion of interested leadership?

    Way to go! You taken away my opportunity to be the voice or reason and turned me into another ranter with your humble respectful opinions. Yah, way to go.
    Pass the mustard and UP THE REVOLUTION!

    St. Paul Pioneer Press , Minneapolis Star Tribune

  7. #7
    Dances With Sheep GREGFEELER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    3,217
    Quote Originally Posted by M1ka
    ...When will we have the freedom to rant on this forum without the distracting intrusion of interested leadership?
    Ooooh, I like that! But, embarrassing me in public like this is going to cost you a beer.
    Greg Feeler
    BMW MOA Director & Ambassador
    1972 R75/5, 1990 K75, 1990 K1, 1992 K75S, 2003 K1200RS

  8. #8
    Eternal newbie THREEFLYS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    San Diego, CA!
    Posts
    245
    My only complaint is I didn't get to go! (Damn Coast Guard and their boats!) Hopefully I'll make it to Wisconsin.
    Chris

  9. #9
    Still Wondering mika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Fly Over Land
    Posts
    10,531
    Quote Originally Posted by GregFeeler
    Ooooh, I like that! But, embarrassing me in public like this is going to cost you a beer.
    Wisconsin: There's Beer
    Pass the mustard and UP THE REVOLUTION!

    St. Paul Pioneer Press , Minneapolis Star Tribune

  10. #10
    RIDERR1150GSADV
    Guest

    Talking

    Having volunteered at a smaller rally for the last 3 years I have a lot of respect for the planners of any rally where so many folks show up. I have learned to take everything in stride and if there was an issue it has always been resolved either by myself, if possible, or bythe rally organizers. There always will be those who are 'professional' at being whiners. Remember, it is a rally folks, not brainsurgery!! Quit yer bitchin'..

  11. #11
    ballen262
    Guest
    Complaining is as natural as having a good time, without complaints we cant get better at what we do, it makes us humble.

    Cant have the good without the bad.

    If we don't complain then the ones who do wrong or make a mistake would never learn from it, it gives the ones who do wrong the ability to say its ok cuz they know no one will complain.

    Sorry cant have one without the other.
    Keeps everyone on their toes, if my customers didn't complain I would not know what I am doing wrong, I want them to complain if they have a complaint or even if they don't have a valid complaint, helps me provide the best business for them.

  12. #12
    Cannonball Rider #52 darrylri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Surf City, USA (Santa Cruz, CA)
    Posts
    4,522
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, and comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.
    --Theodore Roosevelt
    --Darryl Richman, forum liaison
    http://darryl.crafty-fox.com

  13. #13
    Dances With Sheep GREGFEELER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    3,217
    Quote Originally Posted by DarrylRi
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, and comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.
    --Theodore Roosevelt
    Well said.
    Greg Feeler
    BMW MOA Director & Ambassador
    1972 R75/5, 1990 K75, 1990 K1, 1992 K75S, 2003 K1200RS

  14. #14
    K Bikes Complex by Choice cjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Urbana, IL
    Posts
    3,701
    Quote Originally Posted by DarrylRi
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, and comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.
    --Theodore Roosevelt
    Bully for you!
    BMWMotorcycles, fun when they're running...
    My other bike is a BMW.
    Jack Hawley MOA and RA #224, KE9UW ("Chuck")

  15. #15
    Dances With Sheep GREGFEELER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    3,217
    Quote Originally Posted by ballen262
    Complaining is as natural as having a good time, without complaints we cant get better at what we do, it makes us humble.

    Cant have the good without the bad.

    If we don't complain then the ones who do wrong or make a mistake would never learn from it, it gives the ones who do wrong the ability to say its ok cuz they know no one will complain.

    Sorry cant have one without the other.
    Keeps everyone on their toes, if my customers didn't complain I would not know what I am doing wrong, I want them to complain if they have a complaint or even if they don't have a valid complaint, helps me provide the best business for them.
    From Webster: Complain
    1 : to express grief, pain, or discontent
    2 : to make a formal accusation or charge

    I would say in the context of this thread what we're looking for is feedback: constructive criticism intended not to make the squeeking wheel lounder, but to find the oil can.
    Greg Feeler
    BMW MOA Director & Ambassador
    1972 R75/5, 1990 K75, 1990 K1, 1992 K75S, 2003 K1200RS

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •