Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Replacement windscreen - R1150RT

Question Replacement windscreen - R1150RT

New to BMW's and looking to improve the riding experance with an after market windshield. Have been to most web sites and think I've seen most of what's available.

Looking for suggestions from riders that travel/commute at higher speeds...70-90 mph.

Anyone have the "Z2400 - VSTREAM"?

Thanks for taking the time to respond...

Ksmith57

Jeff Dean - Tucson, Arizona - BMW MOA Co-founder (1972)
    http://bmwdean.com/r1200rt.htm -- Friend of the Marque
    MSF Chief Instructor (1994) - Over 500,000 BMW miles (805,000 km)
    2007 R1200RT, 2014 R1200RT, R25/3, R51/3, R67/3, R68, R60/2 (x3), R69S, & R100GS

I feel the need for speed steviewonder's Avatar
    I just sold my '04 1150RT for an '04 1200GT, but I had a Parabellum screen on it (as I also have on my '92 1200RS). I found the Parabellum screen to have superior aerodynamic properties (less drag, less buffeting, less noise) at a CONSIDERABLY lower price than either AeroFlow or CeeBailey.

www.parabellum.com

I've got an '04 RT with an Aeroflow. I bought the bike used and the shield was on it. It seems to work fine for me. I only have to raise it about 2" to get the wind over the top of my helmet. I am only 5'10", but have a fairly tall sitting height, since I only have a 28" inseam. If I had been buying the shield, I probably would have gone with Cee Bailey only because a friend got one and really likes it. The stock shield came in a box. I may try it just to see what it is like. I recently added barbacks. Now that was a real improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenn45
    I've got an '04 RT with an Aeroflow. I bought the bike used and the shield was on it. It seems to work fine for me. I only have to raise it about 2" to get the wind over the top of my helmet. I am only 5'10", but have a fairly tall sitting height, since I only have a 28" inseam. If I had been buying the shield, I probably would have gone with Cee Bailey only because a friend got one and really likes it. The stock shield came in a box. I may try it just to see what it is like. I recently added barbacks. Now that was a real improvement.
    I'm 5'10" also
    I use three screens Mid summer when Naked bike is needed -
    Stock screen cut down 4" - Clean Air

Spring & Fall - CB +2 euro cut
    Great 2 or three season screen

Dead of winter - Aeroflow Is the best

Chugger

I feel the need for speed steviewonder's Avatar
    You guys throw money at the AeroFlow. I'll take the aerodynamically SUPERIOR Parabellum for 30% less money, thanks just the same.

Quote Originally Posted by StevieWonder
    You guys throw money at the AeroFlow. I'll take the aerodynamically SUPERIOR Parabellum for 30% less money, thanks just the same.
    If I had just one it would be CB +2 euro

the aeroflow and stock came with the bike.

Aftermarket Windscreen

I purchased the VStream ZTechnik for my R1200RT on the group buy on the LT website from Bob's BMW. It is far superior to the stock windscreen. It is taller and wider and directs the windflow away from your shoulders and head. This makes for a very quiet ride with less turbulence. I really like it!

Thanks to everyone for their responses...the CB +2 euro was my 1st choice before the z2500 vstream came into the picture. One of these two will do the job..

Also agree the barbacks were worth every penny (would have paid more..)

Just a quick note - Bellstaff Mercury Jacket & BMG pants were also worth the money spent - 14K miles and 8 months later....

Ksmith57

Quote Originally Posted by Stockmann
    If I had just one it would be CB +2 euro

the aeroflow and stock came with the bike.
    Like Stockman I have the CB +2 euro, it has better noise reduction then stock, butttt, i did notice more air being directed at my foreams, Not in a manner that is uncomfortable, just an observation. I have no other experience with other shields, CB (the company) was easy to work with FWIW.

PS at 5'6" I can keep the screen lower thus reducing wind drag, and it looks sooooo much cooler,, dig-it

later

I have had great experience with the Areoflow screen. Sadly to say, it cracked during high winds in Oklahoma, but I should not have been riding in that wind storm to begin with. My brother had a Parabellum screen and did not like it. It began hazing over within a year. It depends a little on you personal preferences too, as well as your height and handlebar position. Overall, I think the shields are pretty simular and ultimately it boils down to personal preference. I don't think you will go wrong with either an Areoflow or a Cee Bailey screen. I have not heard any information (pro or con) about the Z-Technic VStream shield...
    Have fun making the decision and keep us posted with the results.
    Keep the rubber side down!!
    1986 R 80 RS
    1992 R 100 R
    BMW MOA Life member; Ironbutt Member; Airhead Member

P Monk

Cee Bailey

Just got back from 4800 mile trip using my new CB No.1 +4", with euro cut.
    I live in south Texas where it is HOT. the no. 1 was narrower than the no. 2 and I had been riding with an older CB that was much wider. It may have been a no. 3. I am exceptionally happy with the new windshield. At lowest position I get air just about neck level. I can adjust the windshield so I get smooth airflow on my helmet and at highest level can get air completely over helmet if I hunch over. Worked well in hailstorm. My opinion for what it's worth is that the
    flip on the older CB created more buffeting than the straight no. 1 shield.
    By the way, I will sell a wider CB, a stock Bmw and an Airflow cheap.

made my decision

to all thanks again for the input...

I purchased the vstream a few days back and am hoping it will arrive before the SoCal BMW charity ride on the 23rd. either way i'll let everyone know how it works.
    out for now..

Ksmith57

Smile R1150R aftermarket windshields

I've tried several and think the best, by far. is the Aeroflow with tank wings. Pricey, but worth it. easy to install. I'm still struggling over how to use it with barbacks, and have had to remove my hand guards, which interfere with the tank wings. If I can manage to fit barbacks, the hand guard problem should go away.

Quote Originally Posted by felch
    I've tried several and think the best, by far. is the Aeroflow with tank wings. Pricey, but worth it. easy to install. I'm still struggling over how to use it with barbacks, and have had to remove my hand guards, which interfere with the tank wings. If I can manage to fit barbacks, the hand guard problem should go away.

Good luck with that....