Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Same thing different rally

HODAG
    motorcycle riding and a shower

hmmm didn't know these things go together

belquar
    I never had any trouble showering during the rally. I showered when I got up in the morning and before I went to bed. Always had hot water, never had a line to wait in. It was great. Then I crawled into my comfy bed in the suite we stayed at. It was nice. ....Yeah...I said suite. We stayed in a Inn.

I wanna camp for my next rally.

RK Ryder

What Lines?

Being my curse in life, I always wake up some time between 4:30 a.m. - 5:30 a.m. A little before 5 was the my norm during the rally. Always showered in the trailer. Waited once about two minutes and just walked in the other two mornings. Camped over on the Sunday night without a Monday morning shower and I survived.

Another trailer would certainly have accomodated more people during the rush times, but with that many people with so few showers, I guess more flexiblity is needed by the group to keep the lines shorter and the water warmer.
    Paul
    Retired and riding my RTs, the '87 K100 & the '98 R1100 !
    Treasurer of the Forest City Motorrad Club #159
    Knights of the Roundel #333

SNOONE
    Quote Originally Posted by Belquar
    I never had any trouble showering during the rally. I showered when I got up in the morning and before I went to bed. Always had hot water, never had a line to wait in. It was great. Then I crawled into my comfy bed in the suite we stayed at. It was nice. ....Yeah...I said suite. We stayed in a Inn.

I wanna camp for my next rally.
    But you missed out on the equivalent of Motorcycle Woodstock.. But it's funny

RIDERR1150GSADV

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by KBasa
    We always go on "rally shower schedule" which means you take a shower before dinner, not with the rest of the lemmings first thing in the morning.

Never, ever a wait.

What he said!

belquar
    Quote Originally Posted by snoone
    But you missed out on the equivalent of Motorcycle Woodstock.. But it's funny
    Yeah. Next year if I go to Wisconsin it will be by way of Thunder Bay and I plan to camp. Don't know for sure though whether or not I am going. Had my 10mos old along for this rally so partying was kept to a minimum for me.

Quote Originally Posted by BubbaZanetti
    they were hot before all you rv'ers showed up, don't you have showers in those things

never a wait, took all my showers at the rally grounds in the AM.

(conversely, the St. Mike's showers were only good at night, no hot water in the morning)
    Bubba, you don't want to know how comfortable we were in our RV's, with A/C, hot showers, and TV. We were even able to shut out most of the noise from the Sled Dog Team!
    Dan