BMW Navigator III adds new level to motorcycle GPS
Thursday August 03rd 2006, 9:03 am
Woodcliff Lake, NJ - August 2, 2006ÔÇª Building upon the success of its revolutionary Navigator, Navigator II and Navigator Plus GPS systems, BMW Motorrad has raised the benchmark in motorcycle navigation equipment yet again with the introduction of the Navigator III. (Pictured is the Navigator II.) Numerous new and unique features make it technologically superior to its predecessors and light years ahead of recently launched competitorsÔÇÖ products in the GPS market.
Key features of the new Navigator III include:
* Pre-installed street level mapping for the entire country
* Pre-installed map software displaying roads, points of interest, hotels, restaurants, BMW Motorrad dealers, gas stations, and more
* High resolution TFT screen for the best possible visibility - even in direct sunlight
* Text-to-speech (TTS) voice prompts that announce street names when providing directions
* Choice of 2D or advanced 3D map display with a ÔÇ£riderÔÇÖs eyeÔÇØ view that continuously adjusts for maximum clarity
* A unique, individually configurable Track-Log with a 10,000 track point capacity that records the exact routes traveled, which can be modified and/or shared via PC
* Automatic turn-by-turn routing by choice of shortest time, shortest distance or by linear distance (off-road)
* Compass function for off-road navigation and areas where mapping doesnÔÇÖt exist or is unreliable
* Extremely shock resistant construction with robust built-in memory specifically designed for motorcycle use
* Ability to plan (and store) routes and waypoints on the unit or on PC and share via email with others
* Voice directions in a choice of 12 languages
* Travel computer displaying current, average and maximum speed, elapsed time, time stopped and total time (including four trip odometers)
* Automobile accessories (universal dash mount, auto power supply with speaker, full featured remote control) are included; the unit is completely portable and can be used in any vehicle
* An Advanced Mount Cradle (unique to BMW) with four buttons allowing operation with gloved fingers
* Removable unit, which can be secured to the cradle with a special screwdriver or removed when parking the machine
* Fuel resistant housing to protect unit from accidental splashes while ÔÇÿgassing upÔÇÖ
* Bluetooth interface allowing wireless communication of voice directions and mobile phone calls to riderÔÇÖs with helmets that are so equipped (compatible with over 200 phones)
* Multilingual owners manual
* BMW Motorrad Start-up Screen and attractive four-color BMW Motorrad Navigator III specific box
The reception power of the Navigator IIIÔÇÖs satellite receiver has increased and now provides optimal position location even under difficult reception conditions, such as in a sea of high-rise buildings or in forest areas, where a direct ÔÇÿviewÔÇÖ to the satellite is impaired.
The BMW Motorrad Navigator III includes a model specific motorcycle mounting bracket and complete maps of North America. All brackets are specifically designed for each BMW motorcycle and offer a professional solution that no universal bracket can hope to achieve. Also included are a bean bag mount, automobile power adapter with speaker and a full function IR remote; all for automotive use.
The 2007 BMW Motorrad Navigator III is available at authorized BMW motorcycle retailers. Priced at $1,399, it includes a three-year warranty.