Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: The Alps - Five Days to Explore - Images / Videos

You might enjoy this non-motion video; its a bunch of stills in motion. The music is simply wonderful...it suits the scenery so well.

Incredibly well done. In some ways better than a video.

Northern Italy

That was great! Thanks for taking us along for the ride. Since I am a working Shmuck with my name on my shirt thats probably as close as I am ever going to get to riding in Europe.
    Tom
    Salem Or.
    '93 K1100LT w/Bushtec
    '03 F650CS '09 F650GS

On a Ride
    Quote Originally Posted by robsmoto
    Somehow I'd not yet seen these videos in the sfarson collection. Wow! Great videos. My wife heard the music and came to see what was playing and we ended up watching quite a few of the vidz.

Very nice. Thanks for sharing your ride experiences!

Sfarson's taste in music seems similar to mine (at lease insofar as the tracks accompanying the vidz). I'd really like to know the songs / artist / album for the various alps series.
    Thanks much everyone. With this thread back here it is kinda nice to re-live and re-ride... especially with all the snow out the window!

robsmoto... And thanks much as well! The music did kinda match here and there. The first two days of videos were from a Norwegian artist "The Secret Garden" A husband/wife piano and violin duet. Various artists the last three days including. If you PM with certain requests I'll look them up. Don't know off the top of my head!

Yay for motorcycle travel! I now have a new desktop background...thanks for sharing your story and pictures.
    I really hope that I can do something similar someday!

Here's to a safe an happy '07!

MrB
    Fantastic! That sure was nice for this snowbound rider. BTW, what was the music in the first video?

On a Ride
    Quote Originally Posted by MrB View Post
    Fantastic! That sure was nice for this snowbound rider. BTW, what was the music in the first video?
    MrB... Thanks and sorry for the tardy response! The first vid was accompanied by the artist "The Secret Garden" with the song "Lotus".

Steve - Best ride report I've seen and really takes me back. I too rented from Ad Mo Tours last summer 2006 in Thun. They were great to work with. I rode eight of the Alp passes, many you highlighted dipping into northern Italy. Videos are great. Working your own itinerary and plan out worked great for me. I only had three week days circuit but rode from Thun to Andermatt to Brig and back to Thun. Attached photo of one of the summit cafes Steve mentioned. Such a motorcycle friendly place...
    99 R1100R

Fairings are for sissies!
    Great pictures and great vids!

I am fortunate enough to have been to the Swiss Alps twice on my old K1200RS. I have ridden Susten, Grimsel, Nufenen etc... They really should be experienced... And I found my riding improved alot!

Quote Originally Posted by hass View Post
    Great pictures and great vids! I found my riding improved alot!
    I've put together a video list on the Alps Motorcycle Tours - Priced Right. See post dated 2007-05-02.

Along with links to Steve's Alps videos, I've included links to other videos as well that are very good. Another member included some of their own videos in a subsequent post.

I agree. I picked up more riding skills in the Alps due to my once a year month long tours in the last twelve years than I did anywhere else. How could you not with every possibility thrown at you?

On a Ride
    Thanks Paul, hass... Our memories are shared.

Good riding in 2007, and same for you Alex!

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by sfarson View Post
    Good riding in 2007, and same for you Alex!

Steve
    Thanks. This is year "thirteen" over there. I hope its not unlucky thirteen.

BTW, have you noticed some of the new video cameras that are coming out? They're finally recording to SD or HCSD; yes, a few of them having been doing it for a few years (Samsung 105), but the quality was lacking. Panasonic and Sanyo (maybe others) even have a HD unit out that records onto card media. Its only a matter of time till they've come out with a still/video camera combo that is up to both still and video camera quality. In the past, a camera was either a still camera or video camera more than the other.

My predictions and hopes from about seven years ago are coming true. It was just a matter of more memory on cards at a cheaper price...another year or two to go.

Unavailable for comment
    Those are some of the most beautiful mountain photos I have seen. Thanks!

Thumbs up . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Best of the Web material

sfarson,
    you have a great ride reports here.
    Best of the Web material